Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

Why do I feel like we'll barely have enough fight to break out of a paper bag, let alone beat a solid football team

Because our only signing to shore up midfield was Tottenhams own Harry Winks and the leadership in defence relies on a player who couldn't get anywhere near a nearly relegated Everton team when the going got tough.

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

I thought the CBs were supposed to stand on the ball to draw the press and then release Winks and Ricky who have more space.

That’s Brighton’s tactic down to a tee and would love to see this.

I don’t know if Enzo has made us do much in pre-season with Ricky P and Winks positioning to open up more quick triangle/off a wall style passing with the CB looking for diagonals as another outlet.

Would love @StriderHiryu to offer his two cents on any evidence of the above though.

Their business is quietly impressive. Hamer isn’t looking like he’s leaving anytime soon. Simms has a better record than I realised. The Japanese they’ve signed has decent stats.

They’ll be around the play offs again 

Guest Mee-9
14 minutes ago, Broof said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Leicester will be playing four four ****ing two

That would be the dream. 

10 minutes ago, Broof said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Leicester will be playing four four ****ing two

Not necessarily.....

Hermansen

Faes             Souttar              JJ

Ricky P      Winks

KDH            Ndidi            VK/Castange 

Kel

Vardy

switch KDH and Castange if Timmy starts 

As others have said, it won't be Enzo the crowd turn on, it'll be the board.

They've gotten off lightly so far thanks to that pathetic "statement" from Top, playing on the fractures in the fanbase to divert attention from who is fast becoming a wholly inept owner.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

That’s Brighton’s tactic down to a tee and would love to see this.

I don’t know if Enzo has made us do much in pre-season with Ricky P and Winks positioning to open up more quick triangle/off a wall style passing with the CB looking for diagonals as another outlet.

Would love @StriderHiryu to offer his two cents on any evidence of the above though.

Beachyboy is correct, the defenders as one option are supposed to draw in the press. They are also allowed to pass it to the wide men though!

You've got to remember that Liverpool are one of the few teams in Europe that can go toe-to-toe with Man City and beat them without sacrificing their own game. So for them to come up against a team playing a half-assed version of the same system put together in 4 weeks was always going to end one way. But for me the positive was that for 20 minutes, they were bamboozled and it worked. And as a result I am pretty sure it's going to work against most Championship sides, especially with more time dedicated to drilling in the system and understanding it's nuances.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t think that’s particularly the case

Forgetting last season, we’ve a brand new manager, have we actually won a pre season game? And we’re currently the other side of the world with 6 days to go until our first game. 

I reckon with those above points alone, we’d be most clubs fans preferred opening fixture, should they had the ability to pick who they chose to play

Yes we beat Northampton, OHL and port FC

• Like 1

They'll be desperate to tear us a new one and our squad is unfit, unorganised and patched together. Not really looking forward to it but nothing we can do about it if we do get tonked so no use getting too upset.

I agree that it wouldn't be great to have a go at Maresca after one match when the poor bastard has been chucked in at the deep end with that farce of a pre-season to deal with and a squad that clearly isn't complete yet. It reminds me of that Black Books episode where Bill Bailey has to pretend he's a police officer.

I'll be at the match, so won't say much on game day till I get back home.

I am worried about the match, because I think travelling back from halfway round the world 7 days before the opening game of the season against local rivals who narrowly missed out on promotion sounds pretty horrific on paper. The players have been out there for a few weeks now, so will still be jet-lagged on game day. It's impossible for all of them to get over it that quickly, and this most likely would have been the case regardless of who was brought in.

I hope we win, but we all think it was a moronic decision to go on this tour for a reason, because it was.

I’ve never felt so underprepared for a season.

Even all those Championship seasons between 04-08 there was optimism and balance in the squad. 

Shame on the board and recruitment team for allowing us to get to this point.

We are STILL 4-5 players short, all in the the AM and IF/W areas.

The fact that Mcateer and Ndidi were often players in furthest forward positions against Liverpool, 1on1 areas and clear cut chance territory  says it all.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

If you're starting Vestergaard, McAteer and an aging Albrighton as well as playing a right back over 2 left backs in your final preparation game before the season you either don't know your best 11 or you aren't happy with your squad. 

Or maybe a manager that sees them day In day out in training knows how good they are and what fits in with his system better than a random fan on the forum who has at maximum seen two games in this system? 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Because you don't play players out of position over natural players unless you aren't happy with them. 

We've got two natural left backs on the books both of which have played in the premier league and they still cant get a sniff over 2 right backs. 

Ricardo was obviously put a LB to deal with Salah which he did a decent job of and it worked