Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

I think the quality, or lack of, in Coventry will probably shock some. We might be in a bit of a state but we still have very good players. I'm looking on the bright side and I am encouraged by the first half an hour yesterday I don't care about the rest of the game, we won't be facing Jota, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo and Diaz next season. And no before anyone says it, I'm not saying the championship is easy and we will walk it, I'm just saying people are way over the top because we lost to Liverpool. Yes we need more signings, and I'm sure they are trying. It's sounds like the type of player we are after is likely to be players who premier league clubs are after, or who players at prem clubs like Diallo, Palmer etc which might get done nearer the end of the window. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

As others have said, it won't be Enzo the crowd turn on, it'll be the board.

They've gotten off lightly so far thanks to that pathetic "statement" from Top, playing on the fractures in the fanbase to divert attention from who is fast becoming a wholly inept owner.

Unfortunately I think you put too much faith in our match going crowd

I'm almost expecting half of the stadium to give him a Puel v2 reception based on him being 1) non-British/non-Irish 2) wants his team to have the ball instead of "just kick it forward"

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

If we lose this I wonder if the team will get clapped off like they were after the final game of last season 

People got angry at clapping the team off at the last game of the season but I'm pretty sure it only happens because we won the game and played well I think if we had lost the stadium would have emptied pretty quickly 

9 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I think the quality, or lack of, in Coventry will probably shock some. We might be in a bit of a state but we still have very good players. I'm looking on the bright side and I am encouraged by the first half an hour yesterday I don't care about the rest of the game, we won't be facing Jota, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo and Diaz next season. And no before anyone says it, I'm not saying the championship is easy and we will walk it, I'm just saying people are way over the top because we lost to Liverpool. Yes we need more signings, and I'm sure they are trying. It's sounds like the type of player we are after is likely to be players who premier league clubs are after, or who players at prem clubs like Diallo, Palmer etc which might get done nearer the end of the window. 

I think your forgetting where you are this is foxestalk all our players are awful and we have no quility in our team

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

The fact that some people on this forum seem to have turned on Maresca before we have even played a single competitive game is pathetic

It's also completely expected. There are plenty of melons on here that can't seem to grasp the fact that we're not the side we were 4/5 years ago.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The fact that some people on this forum seem to have turned on Maresca before we have even played a single competitive game is pathetic

I've been vocal in querying his team selections and whether his alleged tactical plans are suitable for the championship. 

I also don't think the Leicester job is one for an L plate manager. It's a difficult crowd to please and a handful even for experienced managers. 

However, I haven't 'turned' on him. Querying is good. Blind faith not so. In fact blind faith got us relegated. 

16 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Plenty of this forum have only had an interest in LCFC since 2016 don't forget.

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've been vocal in querying his team selections and whether his alleged tactical plans are suitable for the championship. 

I also don't think the Leicester job is one for an L plate manager. It's a difficult crowd to please and a handful even for experienced managers. 

However, I haven't 'turned' on him. Querying is good. Blind faith not so. In fact blind faith got us relegated. 

I don't think it's blind faith to wait until we've actually played some competitive games under him to start making judgements on his team selections or whether his tactics work

• Like 3

Would go with the below atm, but who honestly knows. About half that team could be all but out the door by KO

Hermansen 

Ricardo - Faes - Doyle - Kristiansen

Winks

Albrighton - Praet - KDH - Mavididi 

Iheanacho 

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Would go with the below atm, but who honestly knows. About half that team could be all but out the door by KO

Hermansen 

Ricardo - Faes - Doyle - Kristiansen

Winks

Albrighton - Praet - KDH - Mavididi 

Iheanacho 

I think this will be the team but Vardy in for Iheanacho and Vestergaard/Souttar in for Kristiansen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I don't think it's blind faith to wait until we've actually played some competitive games under him to start making judgements on his team selections or whether his tactics work

Yeah, you're probably more right then my view. 

I think a manager we actually knew something about would ally some nerves. Let's face it, none of us have the foggiest who this guy is, how he handles pressure (maybe he doesn't even know) and whether he is tactically suited for the championship. 

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

I think this will be the team but Vardy in for Iheanacho and Vestergaard/Souttar in for Kristiansen.

Yeh I imagine Vestergaard will start with Doyle shifting to the left, just couldn’t bring myself to name him 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I get that and am fine with people querying rather than turning but there were some people and can't remember who it was exactly that were saying his team selections were stupid. It's still pre season team selections are pretty much meaningless let's at least wait until we have played one competitive game if after 4 or 5 games it seems to all be going wrong/ worrying team selections/ no improvement then I would be more on board with the querying

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Exactly - I get the feeling if things aren't sorted immediately there could be discontent by some. However, there has been a long and debilitating stranglehold over our club during the last 18 months, almost an irreversible illness, and it is likely to take more than a couple of games at the start of a new campaign to cure. Give the bloke some time, feed him with the resources he needs and I'm hopeful for a new era of development and sustainable success. But it won't happen overnight like some expect.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I don't know. I reckon it's alright to wonder whether pre-season selections may give clues to the line-up, and whether these likely line-ups - based on what we know of the players in question - will be effective. The same goes for his tactical ideas.

And I see no problem at all in people being a little warier at having an inexperienced manager. Sadly, it also goes without saying that a manager who has been consistently successful at the right levels will get more faith and more patience than a manager of lesser pedigree. There's no point in denying this, surely.

Where I have a bit of a problem is when people rush to condemn. People who are convinced that the board haven't appropriately adjusted their way of operating. Who know that Rudkin needs to go, that Maresca isn't up to it, that this signing will be awful, that those tactics won't work.

I mean, on the one hand it'd be weird, wouldn't it, to not notice that Mads had a poor game yesterday, and wonder whether we might have prioritised one set of goalkeeping traits a little too much, when we have another competent FLC keeper in our ranks? You'd be kidding yourself to totally dismiss the notion. But if you saw that game and wrote some of the things that I saw on here yesterday about what an utter liability he'll be, then I'd fully agree with you and say that that sort of negativity isn't going to help anyone. Nor would it if it happened next week too.

Amount of people saying we are under prepared is confusing, didnt realise so many worked for the club? 

Just because you feel we are under prepared doesnt actually mean we are. 

Personally i find it bonkers that the transfer window doesnt close before the start of the season but as fans we have no idea how preparation is going. We have players to move on but it isnt as eassy as releasing them or loaning them or even selling them. If players dont want to leave you cant physically force them to! 

It is going to take time to get these changes implemented, so players will love this new style. Some not so much. 

But the amount of BS on FT at the minute is worrying and i am glad that this is just a snippet of the fans actually in the ground. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

btw, did you see that other post about Companys tactics for Burnley? he's literally applying the same method, so it works, it really is about whether the club get him the players he wants i would imagine

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

That’s Brighton’s tactic down to a tee and would love to see this.

I don’t know if Enzo has made us do much in pre-season with Ricky P and Winks positioning to open up more quick triangle/off a wall style passing with the CB looking for diagonals as another outlet.

Would love @StriderHiryu to offer his two cents on any evidence of the above though.

StriderHiryu did bring up this point with Coady in possession against Northampton.

35 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Why are the Leicester fans on the whole a miserable bunch? I don’t judge this just on this forum. It will never leave my head the Bournemouth game in the title season when Mahrez missed a penalty and we drew 0-0 around Christmas 2015. I could hear moans even then more so than delight at being top of the league.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Spot on this is and probably the first time we’ve agreed on anything 😂 

Im yet to be convinced it’s the right appointment but will support him. 

When Rodger’s first came he took the shackles off and we played some excellent football. I keep seeing this ‘we were great for 20 minutes’ against a really strong Liverpool. They put mostly youth out in the second half and we still got destroyed which seems to be getting overlooked. The players we had on the pitch should be beating a Liverpool u21/23 side. 

Yes the championship isn’t as strong but it’s no walk in the park either. Lots of work to be done with the players and he needs time but people will continue to moan and rightly so. pre season has been a shambles and results haven’t been fantastic and despite what people say about pre season results don’t matter they do for confidence and we need some confidence and goals. 

Let’s see what Sunday brings.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

The worst thing about being so underprepared is that we all knew it was going to happen the second this tour of Thailand and Singapore was announced.

i Knew it was going to happen the moment Whelen and Rudkin did their own 'lessons learnt' analysis and decided they both still had jobs. It will remain this way until the incompetent clowns in the senior management are sacked or leave.

If Enzo somehow gets us pomoted it will be despite the club, not because of it. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1