Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

10 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I'm just basing it on Ricardo not having been very good for a long time now, to be honest. Like I said, I like him but it's not really a time for sentiment is it. I also thought he looked very uncomfortable in the middle against Liverpool. He did OK against Northampton, but 'stellar'? No.

I don't understand people waxing lyrical about the first 30 minutes against Liverpool either. We were OK yes, but it was largely them just feeling their way into the game from what I saw.

Fair enough on the rest - I just disagree. Some of us are still angry about last year, and it's down to the club/team to breed the positivity now, rather than us just blindly clapping along. We are far too nice and accepting as a fan base and we always have been.

I am not a negative person though - I just wanted to make that clear lol. I just haven't seen any evidence of change from last year, and in my opinion, the rot runs deep and a BIG clear out was required.

Sure, i do understand that people move on in their own way at their own pace - personally, any change on last year has to be seen as an improvement - that we've adapted to a new and proven way of playing football also screams progress, the recruitment seems to have reverted to picking first team players rather than simply strengthen the squad depth - it feels fresh and optimistic.  It's tough to see people (not you specifically) wallowing in bad history and forgetting how good this club has been.

Regarding ricardo, i get what you're saying but at this level he is still head and shoulders above most other RBs in the league, assuming, as was the original complaint against him, he stays fit.

• Like 1

EFL being doing a load of media today ahead of the first game. Millwall players asked who they can’t wait to play and some no mark named us. I’m so not ready to be trapped in this shithole for another 10 years lol 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

On the Cov Forum they are hilariously saying that they're bringing an inflatable helicopter. 

Did I read there's a new ban on tragedy chanting and anyone caught in line with this will face bans and criminal sanctions? 

Not that I would partake in anything like that anyway, but I wouldn't want to be the 1st person caught doing it this season, the media would have a field day with it and whoever it is could have their face plastered all over the place, lose your job etc etc 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Did I read there's a new ban on tragedy chanting and anyone caught in line with this will face bans and criminal sanctions? 

Not that I would partake in anything like that anyway, but I wouldn't want to be the 1st person caught doing it this season, the media would have a field day with it and whoever it is could have their face plastered all over the place, lose your job etc etc 

I agree I'm not really sure what goes through people heads as to this being funny, banter, a wind up - It's none of these of course 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want Jamie Vardy's career statistics vs Coventry City come the end of the season to read something like this.

Appearances: 2

Goals: 7

Assists: 1

You’d take him not even hitting another shot on target all season for this to happen.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want Jamie Vardy's career statistics vs Coventry City come the end of the season to read something like this.

Appearances: 2

Goals: 7

Assists: 1

Why stop there? Let's draw them in the cup so he can hit double figures  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Yep, there’s a generation of our supporters who have never see us play Cov and probably won’t realise just how much hate there is between us. 

It's one-sided though, isn't it?

It's only really Leicester fans in the south of the county who give a shit about Coventry. Absolute micro club.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KFS said:

EFL being doing a load of media today ahead of the first game. Millwall players asked who they can’t wait to play and some no mark named us. I’m so not ready to be trapped in this shithole for another 10 years lol 

Our last stay on the EFL was 10 years and tbh seemed a lifetime..it dragged. Yet the PL stay of 9 years absolutely rattled by.