Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

40 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It's one-sided though, isn't it?

It's only really Leicester fans in the south of the county who give a shit about Coventry. Absolute micro club.

It has grown from that I feel. Mainly due to the very open hatred from them to us rather than the Forest weird we don’t care lines.

• Like 3

I went to the old Highlfield Rd and the amount of racist bile i had towards me from the Cov fans(NOT Leicester- although that's another story in them dark days!) was mesmerising.

They truly are inbred- even compared to some of our fans!

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

It's one-sided though, isn't it?

It's only really Leicester fans in the south of the county who give a shit about Coventry. Absolute micro club.

Same could be said about Forest fans not giving a shit about Leicester, always been a one sided rivalry 

I’ve always struggled to understand why anyone gives the remotest fvck about Cov. It’s always been a complete nonentity of a club - this supposed rivalry is the only thing remotely interesting about it. It’s the physical embodiment of the word ‘meh’.

• Like 2

So what are we saying for this one?

I think it'll be something like

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Castagne Praet KDH Mavididi

Vardy

A new 8 and more depth on the wings is needed desperately. Maybe Wanya plays on the right but Castagne has played a lot in that position in pre-season.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’ve always struggled to understand why anyone gives the remotest fvck about Cov. It’s always been a complete nonentity of a club - this supposed rivalry is the only thing remotely interesting about it. It’s the physical embodiment of the word ‘meh’.

I honestly feel more antipathy towards Leeds than Coventry. 

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Not really true though 

Half of Forest’s chants seem to be about us

They're also incredibly proud of being in the division above us for the first time in 150 years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dayday said:

I know a lot of Leicester fans see Forest as the real rival but for me it’s these, got to beat them 

Please don't make us point out Forest have actually achieved things. If you see Coventry as your big rival, you're making us out to be a minnow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Please don't make us point out Forest have actually achieved things. If you see Coventry as your big rival, you're making us out to be a minnow.

I honestly don't know who does see Coventry as a major rival. Nuneaton? 

• Haha 1

Personally always disliked Man Utd more than any of our supposed local rivalries.

Growing up in a school surrounded by plastic Man Utd fans probably did it.

Sort of respect fans of local teams as they're clearly not glory hunters, it just so happens to be where they're born or passed down the family etc.

Whereas people who choose to support a club hundreds of miles away, never go to games, then rub it in your face when we were relegated to league 1 whilst they're 'celebrating' a league title / champions league - those people and those clubs can get in the bin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Personally always disliked Man Utd more than any of our supposed local rivalries.

Sort of respect fans of local teams as they're clearly not glory hunters, it just so happens to be where they're born or passed down the family etc.

Whereas people who choose to support a club hundreds of miles away, never go to games, then rub it in your face when we were relegated to league 1 whilst they're 'celebrating' a league title / champions league - those people and those clubs can get in the bin.

Fair comment. Another reason not to hate the Coventry lot so much...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Could not agree more mate.

Growing up in Rutland/Leicestershire and the amount of mates who are Man Utd fans whilst having no family or affiliation with the city itself whatsoever was incredibly infuriating.   

• Like 1