Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

Some pretty poor examples there.

Luton have won a League Cup and Watford have never won a major trophy. Stoke have only ever won a League Cup. Bristol City and Bristol Rovers have zero major trophies between them.

Otherwise I agree with you. Nobody under 50 has any reason to see Forest as a bigger club than us, quite the opposite in fact.

Coventry were in the top flight many years ago for 30 odd years, but what did they do in that time? They were mostly avoiding relegation by the skin of their teeth and winning a single FA Cup 36 years ago. It's no exaggeration to say we achieved more in our last Premier League stint than Coventry have in their entire existence. 

Trophies and league standings are irrelevant.

Villa are one of the most succesful teams in the Country but Birmingham aren't. But their derby is among the best in the Country.

West Ham, though never won the league, have won three FA Cups and two European trophies now. Their biggest rivals, Millwall, have won no major trophies.

And being in different divisions doesn't matter. Port Vale/Stoke, Bristol Rovers/Bristol City, Wrexham/Chester are all fierce rivals but rarely play each other. Ipswich/Norwich won't have faced each other for years until this season, niether did Luton/Watford until a couple seasons ago. Still main derbies.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Some rat bastard on their forum seems to think a few of their lot are bringing inflatable helicopters to the game Sunday.

Who cares if they do? If an individual is that way inclined to try and instigate such a poor attempt of a wind-up, then they transcend quantifiable boundaries of a football fan, so they are better ignored. There’s literally no point of engaging with these individuals, instead let’s wind them up about us winning a Championship, Premier League and Fa Cup since the last time we played them.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Trophies and league standings are irrelevant.

Villa are one of the most succesful teams in the Country but Birmingham aren't. But their derby is among the best in the Country.

West Ham, though never won the league, have won three FA Cups and two European trophies now. Their biggest rivals, Millwall, have won no major trophies.

And being in different divisions doesn't matter. Port Vale/Stoke, Bristol Rovers/Bristol City, Wrexham/Chester are all fierce rivals but rarely play each other. Ipswich/Norwich won't have faced each other for years until this season, niether did Luton/Watford until a couple seasons ago. Still main derbies.

I didn't say they weren't derbies, I was saying that they were poor examples to illustrate the argument that rivalries often contain one club bigger than the other. Luton-Watford, Port Vale-Stoke, Bristol clubs and us/Forest/Derby have consistently competed at similar levels.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

This is not a squad at harmony with the new manager or his tactics, this is the chance for them to come together or for the cracks to be ruthlessly exposed 

sadly we are way off the pace to be sure this is a match we will win 

But we Should win it 

that’s the problem 

Have you heard something regarding this?

Or is it more a point about lack of time to implement Enzo's ideas? (Which I agree with btw)

20 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

We'll have these lot. They are dog sh*t.

Absolute rubbish…..these will be decent, organised, well coached and at it ……we have too many players looking elsewhere and a manager who is frustrated with the squad and knows we are not ready …….as earlier poster said things are not well…….it could take until October to sort this mess and implement his ideas post the window closing …….this could be a car crash I reckon on Sunday …..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

This is not a squad at harmony with the new manager or his tactics, this is the chance for them to come together or for the cracks to be ruthlessly exposed 

But we Should win it 

that’s the problem 

What have you heard? 

Neel from Beyond the 90 had me on the show again. We looked back at some tactical analysis of the Liverpool game and then look forward to the Coventry game, looking at their tactics and danger men. Even gave a shout out to some people on this forum! Let's just all pretend I didn't call it the M42 derby :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

But we Should win it 

that’s the problem 

Do you mean " not up to speed" with his tactics ?

I am quite sure they understand what he requires but not all will have the necessary skills to be able to perform at that level.

I don't think we  will ever be sure of a win in this division, that is why we play the games !

Obviously this is not the team we will have after the window closes but I still think it will be good enough to beat Coventry.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

But we Should win it 

that’s the problem 

This contrasts journos in the know like Guillem Ballague or whatever his name is, who seems to be reporting exactly the opposite, including players staying because of the new approach.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This contrasts journos in the know like Guillem Ballague or whatever his name is, who seems to be reporting exactly the opposite, including players staying because of the new approach.

It’s only my opinion buddy ..: I don’t read newspapers 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What’s it based on? Am genuinely interested

It’s mainly based on Not listening to reporters who are “in the know”, they stay “in the know” by playing ball and pushing an agreed narrative, Pep looks after all his old boys in the media; he makes sure the media boys never hang one of his old boys out to dry .. the narrative is always controlled 

so my opinion is simply based on my own views and assessments and like all opinions mine isn’t any more valuable than the next persons 

• Like 3