Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

36 minutes ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I'm hoping for a win because this is a 9pm kick off on a Sunday down here and I don't want to be in a fuming mood for the working week ahead.

The game is five in the morning for me  but I've been getting up at 1.00 am to watch the World Cup so no problem.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

we might not be ready for coventry, we probably will lose this one …. but if by game week 2 we line up with this team…. the league will need the head start. 

Vardy/Nacho

Mavididi.                           Rak-Sakyi

KDH.       Casadei

Winks

Doyle.     souttar/ coady. faes. Ricardo 

Mads

The league will be in serious trouble 

Indeed it will.

I just find the constant negativity baffling.  It's everywhere.  I go on FB and see an article linking us with the Palace winger followed by a load of doom merchants telling us we're signing too many players on loan when we only currently have one!

I'm fed up with it.  Get the game on, I've had enough with the waiting and the negativity.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Indeed it will.

I just find the constant negativity baffling.  It's everywhere.  I go on FB and see an article linking us with the Palace winger followed by a load of doom merchants telling us we're signing too many players on loan when we only currently have one!

I'm fed up with it.  Get the game on, I've had enough with the waiting and the negativity.

So much negativity on here these days.!!!

What has happened is done.

We now need to to make this a year to remember. 

I am excited to have Enzo here introducing new ideas & I'm excited about the upcoming season

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I find the lack of confidence in terms of getting a result plain weird.

There's no way we're losing this game.  Have people truly forgotten how poor sides in this league are?  They may be competitive and "up for it" but they lack quality and a clinical edge.

We have more than enough to put at least 3 past this lot.  Easy win.

We are where we are (😂) for a reason

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There's no way we're losing this game.  Have people truly forgotten how poor sides in this league are?  They may be competitive and "up for it" but they lack quality and a clinical edge.

Have you truly forgotten about that Blackburn side that smoked us last season?

We’re likely worse than we were before the window opened and we have a brand new manager implementing a new system. 

We don’t have a divine right to any points this weekend, we will be tested. 

• Like 3

Just taking a look at their forum and wow they are bitter for us. One of them moaning about our 'fluke league title' etc. 

I do wonder why they hate us so much? We don't really class them as our main local rivals but they seem to think this is their biggest derby game? 

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I mean ‘no way we lose’ is factually incorrect as there are 3 possible outcomes in any match are there not?

Theres a difference between confidence and respect and arrogant and disrespectful which is what your post is.

Personally I expect a slow start due to the squad being all over the place and the trip to Asia. I’ll more more surprised by a win on Sunday than a defeat. That’s not negative, it’s understanding that we have been away from this league for 10 years and won’t come in and win 46 games by 3 or more goals. It doesn’t mean I don’t think we can still get promoted once we click.

If the players and Maresca have your attitude we will actually be in trouble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Lots of Cov fans thinking they'll turn us over and making out it's a fairly even match up. But how long after we beat them will they start banging on about "the difference in finances"

There is going to be a lot of noise directed at us this season.  We need to ignore all this, remain respectful, stay patient and get behind EM and the Team. If we do all this, we will be in the mix come next April.   COYF!

I'm actually quite positive about the season and looking forward to Sunday - we might make a slow start to get over overseas trips, bed in new players/manager/system. One thing I won't do is panic after say 6 games. It's a long season and the table will be tight in the middle zone all the way. It'd be great if we won the first 10 games and made ourselves front runners and out of the mix but I suspect that won't happen simply because of the readjustments we will need to make.

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Just taking a look at their forum and wow they are bitter for us. One of them moaning about our 'fluke league title' etc. 

I do wonder why they hate us so much? We don't really class them as our main local rivals but they seem to think this is their biggest derby game? 

Forest or Derby would make that exact same post if they'd been on here to look what some of us thought of them.

All depends where you're from. I also think it's plausible that the Midlands rivalries fluctuate. 

Coventry is closer to Leicester distance than Forest, that's going to be the causation of a lot of it.

I’m expecting us to lose this, but gain automatic promotion comfortably. We’ll take a while to get going, but once the system beds in and players get minutes in the legs, we’ll start having a lot of fun. 

Think Sunday will be quite scrappy with us losing our shape frequently. 

I want to see effort, controlled aggression, enthusiasm, will to win. I want to see body language that shows the players want to be here and a mental toughness. 

That would be the least we can expect after what they put us through last season from hell. Give us something to get behind. That's all. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

Have you truly forgotten about that Blackburn side that smoked us last season?

We’re likely worse than we were before the window opened and we have a brand new manager implementing a new system. 

We don’t have a divine right to any points this weekend, we will be tested. 

Can’t really be using the Blackburn result as a gauge of how we’ll do in the Championship. Different manager, different players, different system etc. 

Could easily say oh we went 6 games unbeaten in the Prem between November and early December last year, so we won’t lose a game this year. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I want to see effort, controlled aggression, enthusiasm, will to win. I want to see body language that shows the players want to be here and a mental toughness. 

That would be the least we can expect after what they put us through last season from hell. Give us something to get behind. That's all. 

And a win. 

10 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

It’s mainly based on Not listening to reporters who are “in the know”, they stay “in the know” by playing ball and pushing an agreed narrative, Pep looks after all his old boys in the media; he makes sure the media boys never hang one of his old boys out to dry .. the narrative is always controlled 

so my opinion is simply based on my own views and assessments and like all opinions mine isn’t any more valuable than the next persons 

That’s interesting. I think we’ll find out a lot on Sunday if his methods are going to show promise. I’m optimistic! I’m a bit concerned about how open we were against Liverpool and only beat vastly inferior opposition before that by a single goal (Northampton, Port FC etc).

I'm ready for this now. Absolutely no idea what our best team is or what Maresca is going to pick, will be quite telling who's left out of the matchday squad. I know that didn't mean much under Rodgers as they still didn't move on but it'll at least tell us who's not currently in his plans.

I think the team I'd go for is:

Hermandsen

Ricardo

Faes (he won't pick Souttar)

Doyle

Justin

Praet

Winks

KDH

McAteer

Vardy

Mavididi 

That said I'm still very curious with Ndidi as an ACM 😂😂😂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

This is not a squad at harmony with the new manager or his tactics, this is the chance for them to come together or for the cracks to be ruthlessly exposed 

sadly we are way off the pace to be sure this is a match we will win 

But we Should win it 

that’s the problem 

This doesn't surprise me at all. There's plenty of players barely been involved in pre-season on top of others who likely don't want to be here. I'm quite surprised by the lack of game time to those who are seemingly determined to get us back up (Souttar, Kristiansen, Justin etc)

It's going to be a fascinating few weeks, he really needs to be clear in who's staying and who can leave and ensure the buy-in is there and it doesn't get disrupted.

• Like 1