Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Indeed it will.

I just find the constant negativity baffling.  It's everywhere.  I go on FB and see an article linking us with the Palace winger followed by a load of doom merchants telling us we're signing too many players on loan when we only currently have one!

I'm fed up with it.  Get the game on, I've had enough with the waiting and the negativity.

Too right..It the negativity that kills the forum and the hope..

But most posts I believe are Forest & Rams interlopers..one can't come to any other conclusion because too many supposed fans are bringing the club down before season starts...

they can't be our own fans...or :ill:

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I know Coady is injured but is Doyle injured too? He seems to have barely featured in preseason 

We've had three friendlies since he's been here and he's played in all of them including the full 90 against Liverpool

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm ready for this now. Absolutely no idea what our best team is or what Maresca is going to pick, will be quite telling who's left out of the matchday squad. I know that didn't mean much under Rodgers as they still didn't move on but it'll at least tell us who's not currently in his plans.

I think the team I'd go for is:

Hermandsen

Ricardo

Faes (he won't pick Souttar)

Doyle

Justin

Praet

Winks

KDH

McAteer

Vardy

Mavididi 

That said I'm still very curious with Ndidi as an ACM 😂😂😂

Who would you have playing in the centre of the back 3 Ric? Intrigued to see if Ricky will start at right back or left back as the inverted option. 

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But most posts I believe are Forest & Rams interlopers..one can't come to any other conclusion because too many supposed fans are bringing the club down before season starts...

It's ingrained in our DNA and it's not unusual amongst the football fan culture. It's not just football fans but generations of Leicester folk running down our city. It's a mindset that's been around for my lifetime at least. It's always been a case of the grass is greener. 

I try to be positive but, like many, I'm old enough to carry the scars from previous seasons. We can be 3 nil up (not that it's happened for a while!) going into the last 5 mins and I'll still be on the edge of my seat fearing a comeback. 

Unfortunately, match going fans can't just switch off the telly or wireless and forget about it. In my case I have to battle my way out of the city and spend 2 and a half hours (on a good day) on the motorway. It gives me too much time to mentally analyse the show that I've just witnessed. 

It's not surprising some of the negativity around after the previous 18 or so months. 

How long will we persist with Vardy running from side to side without touching the ball? Given the lack of creativity we need a front 2, with one being Iheanacho. 

My preference would be 

Hermansen

Ricardo 

Souttar 

Doyle

Justin

Winks

Dewsbury-Hall

McAteer

Iheanacho

Madividi 

Vardy

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I know for a fact that a Derby fan posts on here acting as a Leicester fan.

I don't trust our lot in a local derby after them showing twice in two seasons at the City Ground that they couldn't care less.

I have my doubts that we'll see a shift in mentality this soon, given the bulk of our side is still made up of the shysters who let us down so badly. But coming out of the traps against this lot with hunger, energy and a few shin-tickling tackles would go a long way to starting to repair the damage they are in large part responsible for.

I just want a team to be proud of again. I hope Maresca can give us that, but it ultimately falls on the players to make it happen.

7 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I don't trust our lot in a local derby after them showing twice in two seasons at the City Ground that they couldn't care less.

I have my doubts that we'll see a shift in mentality this soon, given the bulk of our side is still made up of the shysters who let us down so badly. But coming out of the traps against this lot with hunger, energy and a few shin-tickling tackles would go a long way to starting to repair the damage they are in large part responsible for.

I just want a team to be proud of again. I hope Maresca can give us that, but it ultimately falls on the players to make it happen.

Ignoring we beat forest at home. I don’t think any of that is a gauge for tomorrow. I think it will come down to how fit we are, and I think we will be 1-2 weeks behind we’re we should. Question for me is if we can sh@t house a draw, or if Enzo will try to stick to the system no matter what, even if it means defeat. 

Have to keep reminding myself it’s not a sprint. Lot of games to get through. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It's ingrained in our DNA and it's not unusual amongst the football fan culture. It's not just football fans but generations of Leicester folk running down our city. It's a mindset that's been around for my lifetime at least. It's always been a case of the grass is greener. 

I try to be positive but, like many, I'm old enough to carry the scars from previous seasons. We can be 3 nil up (not that it's happened for a while!) going into the last 5 mins and I'll still be on the edge of my seat fearing a comeback. 

Unfortunately, match going fans can't just switch off the telly or wireless and forget about it. In my case I have to battle my way out of the city and spend 2 and a half hours (on a good day) on the motorway. It gives me too much time to mentally analyse the show that I've just witnessed. 

It's not surprising some of the negativity around after the previous 18 or so months. 

The ups & down of our fair city & sporting clubs is our lot and at some time over many decades I hope 85% of present followers like ourselves have witnessed the highs & lows from the terraces..one day loving the pie n chips after the game,darting to the nearest or furthest pub in rain,snow,sleet or sunshine,or throwing the pie & chips,over people's backyards,in the bins or over the cut in disgust..

Maybe some young sprogs and older members after 14 yrs of growing pains then success, we were always worried until the very last minute including songs like ,"the snobs are going home"

to accompany us into oblivion or extasy. 1958 my first game with my Dad, Dunkirk losers in those many cup finals,battle of Britain as the ice kings or our first League-cup success..Gillies,

era,the Bloomfield era , Administration, O'Neill achievements,Pearson modern club rebuild with unfinished business and are you an Ostrich.then dilly ding,dilly dong Ranieri..Tears of joy,biggest tears of greaving..Whether Filbert street or KP we all lost our hearts along the terraces...

Now time to readjust,reasses,again for the umpteenth time pick ourselves up,put on our gameday gear and start supporting that so terrible devils club again,but posters have to understand flat cap moaners..piss us off more than our devils club various up & down  Antics..

Strangely but fortunately enough the KP family,Vichai & Top will stay longer in the memory than those coming after Shipman..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I mean ‘no way we lose’ is factually incorrect as there are 3 possible outcomes in any match are there not?

Theres a difference between confidence and respect and arrogant and disrespectful which is what your post is.

Personally I expect a slow start due to the squad being all over the place and the trip to Asia. I’ll more more surprised by a win on Sunday than a defeat. That’s not negative, it’s understanding that we have been away from this league for 10 years and won’t come in and win 46 games by 3 or more goals. It doesn’t mean I don’t think we can still get promoted once we click.

If the players and Maresca have your attitude we will actually be in trouble.

Great post. I too fear a poor start to the season as we've had too many changes and contracts to sort out. But, yes, we all hope for a decent season once we get settled, and promotion is the target. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm ready for this now. Absolutely no idea what our best team is or what Maresca is going to pick, will be quite telling who's left out of the matchday squad. I know that didn't mean much under Rodgers as they still didn't move on but it'll at least tell us who's not currently in his plans.

I think the team I'd go for is:

Hermandsen

Ricardo

Faes (he won't pick Souttar)

Doyle

Justin

Praet

Winks

KDH

McAteer

Vardy

Mavididi 

That said I'm still very curious with Ndidi as an ACM 😂😂😂

And that front 3 and midfield is why I'm struggling to see where the goals are going to come from  lol

If Cov sit deep we'll clock up about 1000 passes. If they press us then we might slip Vards in, but they'll also likely benefit from us making mistakes and get chances of their own.

44 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

3-0 easy.

This lot are not all that. They're coming for a point not to play like most teams this season.

I keep going between this perspective and then remembering that our pre season has been a ego massage for Toppy Woppy and not elite sport preparation.

Cov we're absolute dirt against Boro, two legs of absolute shit. Combined 2 shots on goal in three hours. The final was a bit better but hardly total football. 

I think within 10/15 minutes we'll have a good idea of where it's heading. Either we'll be dominant or it'll be a slug fest and then it's just a roll of the dice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I keep going between this perspective and then remembering that our pre season has been a ego massage for Toppy Woppy and not elite sport preparation.

Cov we're absolute dirt against Boro, two legs of absolute shit. Combined 2 shots on goal in three hours. The final was a bit better but hardly total football. 

I think within 10/15 minutes we'll have a good idea of where it's heading. Either we'll be dominant or it'll be a slug fest and then it's just a roll of the dice. 

The worry is Cov seem to know how to grind out games.

The optimist in me says we'll win but I'm still part pessimistic, as I'm sure we all are, fearing a 0-1 defeat.

I still worry about us scoring goals.

Edited by Fox92

Where to view on Satellite TV:

Leicester City v Coventry City
English Championship - Week 1
ST: 12:00
  Arena Premium 1 HD BiH     
  Arena Premium 1 Slovenia     
  Arena Premium 2 HD Serbia     
  Arena Sport 1 HD Croatia     
  beIN Connect FRANCE 📺    
  beIN Sports France 4 HD max     
  beIN Sports MENA Premium 2 HD     
  Cosmote Sport 3 HD     
  DAZN 3 Espana HD     
  DAZN España ($/geo/R)     
  ESPN+ USA ($/geo/R)     
  Match 4 Hungary HD     
  Premier Sport 1 Slovakia HD     
  Setanta Sports 2 Eurasia HD     
  Setanta Sports Ukraine     
  Sky Sports Football UK HD     
  Sky Sports Main Event HD     
  Sky UK Ultra HD 1     
  Sport 2 Israel HD     
  V Sport Premium HD     
  ViaPlay Baltic HD     
  ViaPlay Denmark HD     
  ViaPlay Finland HD     
  ViaPlay Iceland HD     
  ViaPlay Netherlands HD     
  ViaPlay Norway HD     
  ViaPlay Poland HD     
  ViaPlay Sweden HD

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Yes I am an older supposedly experienced  wiser man..

but football/sport ultimately boils down to your last sentence..More than immediate promotion,we have diddled & doddled over these last two seasons that the small % off great football Rodgers would turn that into a proud 70-80% of excellent watchable & proud football.It never really materialised, frustration & crustration settled along the terraces..and party boxes became drinking Pit-stops..

.But now a new wind a small club reassessment is taking place..more important for the fans the chance of a complete New team- management grabbing hold of that chance to become proud once again of our team..

Like always despite the shit falling all over us, we have to clean it off,face Monday morning office/factory flak and support our 2nd coming ..Wanting to rush,to the pubs,home,friends and burning desire for that Monday morning/evening wanting to go quietly into work and happily take on work and all comers.. 

Sorry fk promotion ,let's get our bases right,let's change the bails and first knock off what's in front of us..Then see if we have a backbone of players,that can stand proud in the PL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Couldn't agree more. Just read your other post about our defence as well. It's going to be fascinating, Maresca seems intent on picking defenders that logically we'd assume wouldn't be considered as part of our rebuild. 

Fans seem to think last season we defended badly because we didn't have a good set of defenders, which I don't believe is strictly true. My fear once again is the system and football we'll try to play will be exposed and we'll concede a lot more goals than we ought to. On paper we have good choices at the back.

The worry right now is, it doesn't appear we yet have the creativity or attacking threat to get ourselves out of trouble in matches either. 

Bring it on, will be chaos either way this season IMO.

Something to (perhaps) console you regarding our defending - the main evidence to suggest that we'll get caught on the transition is the liverpool game and, beyond the fact that Liverpool are probably one of the best two transitioning teams in the PL, i feel a lot of people are overlooking the amount of times liverpool were in these situations but were stopped.  In that game, there were numerous moments where we reacted excellently to giving the ball away or missing a tackle, the response and recovery was nothing like as bad as last year.

Granted, it would be better if we didn't make the mistakes in the first place, but i feel like the attitude in the team has changed, that Maresca's idea of recovery has got through to them.  We will give coventry chances, we're at that stage of learning, but i think we'll compensate much better than we did under rodgers, where no one reacted.