Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

Great post. I too fear a poor start to the season as we've had too many changes and contracts to sort out. But, yes, we all hope for a decent season once we get settled, and promotion is the target. 

But we are the fearless foxes,we got caught in the relegation barbed wire.

Now foxy is on the run again,let's lead all the bloodhounds a merry chase,and break into some chicken coups,just to upset the various opposition farms...

Taaallllyy--- Ho but don't forget all of you we are the cunning fearless crafty fox,not the blood thirsty bloodhounds pundits..We have to stand up and fight across all & more fields this season.

Yes Filbert is nice & cuddly,but has an awful rabid bite..:bounce:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Can’t really be using the Blackburn result as a gauge of how we’ll do in the Championship. Different manager, different players, different system etc. 

Could easily say oh we went 6 games unbeaten in the Prem between November and early December last year, so we won’t lose a game this year. 

Absolutely fair point. I just don’t think there’s much evidence that we’re going to smash this league (obviously I want us to!). We’re going to have to wait and see, I think this season is going to be a tough test for our manager and our current squad. 

Going to be really fascinating to see how we adapt to this league. It isn't as easy as some on here seem to think it is.

Our squad is lacking creativity, especially in central midfield and out centre backs are all very slow. Clearly we have some good players, whether they can gel quickly together into a team will be key to the start of the season.

We could quite as easily be bottom 3 after 6 games as top 3.  I think we will draw this match but it will be a decent match for the manager to assess where we are and what players we need to recruit in the next couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

My team for Sunday -  

Mads

Ricardo Faes Doyle Justin

Winks Ndidi 

KDH Nacho Mavididi 

Vardy 

This betrays alot of our pre season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

They got relegated to League Two a month after we played Atletico Madrid.

Shows our fall, but also shows the job Robins has done. One of the best jobs in the Country over last 6 years absolutely fair play to him/them.

I still don't take them lightly and I think some people are underrestimating them a bit.

• Like 4