Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Shows our fall, but also shows the job Robins has done. One of the best jobs in the Country over last 6 years absolutely fair play to him/them.

I still don't take them lightly and I think some people are underrestimating them a bit.

Indeed. They made the Playoff final and were unlucky not to be promoted.

I would say a toss up, could go either way.

Bookies seem to have us strong favourite, but I can't think why.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Enzo Maresca Pre-Match Press Conference vs Cov

Coady?

“Unfortunately Coady is not with us and probably won’t be with us for the next games. We don’t know. We are still waiting to see how he improves. They are still analysing the situation.”

Captain?

“I think it is something that the team has to decide, the captain. In our case, Jamie, Marc, Conor Coady, Ricardo Pereira, these kinds of players. They are leaders. They can be captains.”

Missing Coady?

“Since day one, we build the idea around new players and Conor was one of them. Since day one, we build the idea about Conor being there. It’s a big shame. Not only because he’s a good player. You can hear his voice, he’s talking with everybody. That’s a boost for the manager.”

Vardy to captain if he starts?

“I don’t know if he’s going to start!”

Transfers?

“We decided for Conor because he’s a good player, he can pass a lot and he’s a real leader. Unfortunately, we’ve lost him for a while. It’s not a good thing for us. But about the market, my situation is like the rest of managers, until it’s closed, many things can happen. Our squad is not finished. Nine players have left, five have arrived. It’s a work in progress.”

Need more signings?

“It depends if we want to keep all of the players we have in this moment. If some leave, we will need changes.”

Players can leave?

“For sure, we have too many. Some of them will leave.”

Happy with progress?

“Absolutely, yes. It’s not a quick process because it’s completely new. We can see day by day the team is improving. The friendly games we have played, the team is getting better. The last friendly game the result was unfortunate. The first half an hour, we were brilliant. This is the path.”

Are you ready?

“Yes. We need to be! Probably the difference between us and the rest of the clubs, they are probably working with the same manager. This team is playing under a new manager after just one month. That is the big difference, but we need to be ready.”

Souttar's future?

“Harry’s a guy who since day one has been working very well. But for 25 players in the squad, something can happen. No (he’s not said he wants to leave).”

Championship strength?

“I think there are many clubs that all want the same. I know very well the Championship. It’s a strong competition and this year there are many clubs who were in the Premier League in the last 10 years. It will be competitive.”

Promotion?

“We need to start in the right way. We need to start well. The only pressure I feel is to see the team improving. I don’t receive any pressure from the club that we need to get promoted. The club is ambitious. But it’s not A, B, C. It’s dynamic.”

Coventry?

“Coventry had the same manager for the last five or six years. I always imagine myself with the same team for five or six years and imagine how good we could be.”

You've been told it's a derby?

“It’s the M69, right?! We know it’s a big derby. The stadium will be full so the atmosphere will be good. Hopefully we can give our fans something to celebrate.”

How difficult to switch mentality?

“I think if we think about winning the Premier League, winning the FA Cup, that will be not good for us. We are a Championship club. The reality is not what you’ve done in the past. It’s completely different from previous seasons. Leicester in the Championship, all the clubs want to try to win against us.”

“That’s why I’m saying that if we think about the past, it will be a big mistake. We need to realise the present and adapt. It’s new opponents, new stadiums. It’s completely different.”

Mavididi?

“It’s quite clear in our idea that wingers are very important. Most of the time we allow them in situations one v one, so they need to be good in one v one. They like to stay wide, they have to stay wide, not inside. Unfortunately, he arrived just a few days ago, but that’s the market.”

I like this comment it shows he's prepared to stay and build a successful team with us rather than jumping at the first oppertunity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

“That’s why I’m saying that if we think about the past, it will be a big mistake. We need to realise the present and adapt. It’s new opponents, new stadiums. It’s completely different.”

:appl:

Feels like this is a message to Top and the board as much as anyone

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I like this comment it shows he's prepared to stay and build a successful team with us rather than jumping at the first oppertunity

He has only been here 8 weeks, I think it’s more about hoping he gets the time to implement his style of football. Unfortunately it’s a cut throat business and all managers want more time if they are not getting the results. 
It’s about finding a balance, this team/squad should be competing at the top end of the division. Just because the board haven’t said it to him. It’s a no brainer.

I'm really curious to see who Enzo will name for the not-nailed-on positions.

Expecting a back 3 of Doyle-Vestergaard-Faes as Souttar appears to be at the bottom of the pecking order.

I don't think Mavididi will start given less than a week of training and even having started his preseason with Montpellier a week later than us. Brought on as a 60 minute sub, or half time if we're losing going into the break. Who will be our starting wingers? Enzo doesn't seem to have settled on who he prefers there yet. Complete toss up between Wanya, Albrighton, McAteer, Praet, Daka and Castagne.

Vardy to start up front, probably. I'd like to see Iheanacho involved as Cov will be parking the bus and he's our most creative striker - he doesn't suit being the lone spearhead but it's possible if Enzo decides to play with the sort of false 9 role instead. Could he be an option for one of the attacking 8s maybe? Although that would be sacrificing the physical presence that either Ndidi or KDH bring which is few and far between elsewhere in this XI.

7 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

KDH on the right! 

Left footed, can take players on, has good delivery - i was campaigning for it all last season barnes/maddison/youri/KDH - no one listened :(

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Do they still ‘embargo’ part of press conference which usually gets revealed about 10pm in the papers? 

Yeah. Saw Jordan Blackwell tweet earlier that more bits from the press conference will be released at 10:30pm

23 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I need this game to kick off. Least excited I’ve been for a league season ever. And I’ve done many Div 1, Championship returns, league one and the Levein years. It still feels down (for me) from last year.  

I think I need a fresh start. Enzo’s style to look as beautiful as it did v Liverpool for 30 minutes. A Madvidi step over and goal or two to get me back into it. Start well boys, please. 

Funnily enough it's the most excited I've been for a few years. Not sure whether it was the Rodgers regime but I was bored, really wasn't enjoying going to watch us. Sterile atmospheres and London or the north west every other week. I'll probably do more aways this season than I have in the last 4 years combined. 

12 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

My team for Sunday -  

Mads

Ricardo Faes Doyle Justin

Winks Ndidi 

KDH Nacho Mavididi 

Vardy 

...we do not need a #10, nor Ndidi playing in a position where he will have to take the ball under pressure!!!

Praet alongside Winks and he pushes up to join KDH, Mcateer and Mavididi when we are in possession. This format is not something that I can foresee Maresca using.

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo    Winks

Castagne   Ndidi   KDH   Mavididi

Iheanacho 

That's my guess. Strong enough team. Coady is obviously a big loss. Looks like Ndidi may play in advanced role until we sign an attacking Mid. But I'd be reasonably happy with this lineup. Still think we'll see 2 or 3 more signings before the end of the window who will improve us going forward. 

• Like 1