Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

40 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo    Winks

Castagne   Ndidi   KDH   Mavididi

Iheanacho 

That's my guess. Strong enough team. Coady is obviously a big loss. Looks like Ndidi may play in advanced role until we sign an attacking Mid. But I'd be reasonably happy with this lineup. Still think we'll see 2 or 3 more signings before the end of the window who will improve us going forward. 

Probably something along those lines - the only real grey area is right wing and #9 - if vardy is fit, he starts, id guess.

I'm hoping castagne won't play, he's been poor, doesn't look interested and could leave ricardo exposed.  I'd rather see marcal or mcateer there, or even albrighton, just as a better defensive option.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Understandable ;) It's been a while since I last went to Cov, but what I do remember is of concrete buildings and an 'estate agent street' :P

Dreadful place, Ring Road is the worst I've driven, and no surprise Ghost Town and Concrete Jungle were songs from a band from Coventry!  Even the rats have cleared off!!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Understandable ;) It's been a while since I last went to Cov, but what I do remember is of concrete buildings and an 'estate agent street' :P

Oh God - how true, and I worked there for twenty years! A concrete wasteland with a part elevated ring-road encircling it. Much Park Street was the estate agent and solicitor stretch.

The joke was that the City Council (which I worked for :() finished the job in destroying the city centre - started by Luftwaffe bombers. Before the war, it was a picturesque, Tudor-looking place.

However, I shall unashamedly admit that during the '87 Cup, I did support the Sky Blues in their ultimately-successful run. The buzz around the city was just so infectious.

I wouldn't go back there except if someone offered me a free ticket to see City play at the Ricoh. Horrible place.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Funnily enough it's the most excited I've been for a few years. Not sure whether it was the Rodgers regime but I was bored, really wasn't enjoying going to watch us. Sterile atmospheres and London or the north west every other week. I'll probably do more aways this season than I have in the last 4 years combined. 

I'm quite comfortably more excited for this than last season. We went into last season having done literally nothing in the window, losing Schmeichel and still having the manager who'd served up a shitshow for the past year saved because he happened to catch the bottom two sides when they'd already been relegated. It was depressing. I think I got a little more up for it by the first game just by nature, but one game in and everything was crap again.

Just imagine how nice a 3-0 win would be here. The lift it would give everybody. I want fundamental change at this club but it'd be nice to actually take your mind off it and let the football take over. I do like Maresca early doors. I really hope he's the business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

I wouldn't go back there except if someone offered me a free ticket to see City play at the Ricoh. Horrible place.

It's the Coventry Building Society Arena now...but I guess like the KP, many referred to it as the Walkers Stadium for years after. And at least if you did you'd be out of town and a spit away from the M6 to make a quick exit/escape. 

Saying that, I did used to like going to Highfield Road. Proper authentic football ground that. You used to be able to park on the road by Gosford Green and then it was a quick walk up the hill to the ground. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We will be playing the title win clip pre-match as the players walk past massive pictures of Youri Tielemans who has left the club after we got relegated lifting the FA Cup :ph34r:

Also I will be chanting about us winning the League and Cup for as much of this game against Cov as I possibly can.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As a lot of us have said already. 

With the height of Cov, we should maybe play Wilf and then Castagne at the wing

If Vardy starts then Praet as no.8, he gets forward and links well with Vardy. He moves in front of the striker.  Start Timmy too, he works better with Praet.  Strong team - concerned about Vesty though ....... JJ, Wilf, Nacho, Daka is a strong bench

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox

Apologies if already asked but does anyone know who the captain will be, guessing coady when fit but not a clue about tomorrow 

Just now, glasgowfox said:

Apologies if already asked but does anyone know who the captain will be, guessing coady when fit but not a clue about tomorrow 

Nobody knows yet. Enzo said there are several leaders in the dressing room. I'd imagine it will be Vardy if he starts.

15 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Some nice places outside of Cov, such as Kenilworth and Warwick areas. Same as Leicester really, if you live Cropston or maybe Rutland. But for all its faults Leicester city centre is far nicer, even if Cov has the famous cathedral.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I reckon it will be 
                 Hermanson

faes vesterguard doyle

Ricardo. Winks

albrigton. KDH Iheanacho mavididi

Vardy

I’d be very happy with that. But it’s not quite how we’ve been working in pre season 

39 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I reckon it will be 
                 Hermanson

faes vesterguard doyle

Ricardo. Winks

albrigton. KDH Iheanacho mavididi

Vardy

...you really should not be looking to play Nacho in this setup!!!

All that is doing is shoehorning him in. We have moved away from a #10, we have changed the system, and we need a genuine #8 in that position.

14 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo    Winks

Castagne   Ndidi   KDH   Mavididi

Iheanacho 

That's my guess. Strong enough team. Coady is obviously a big loss. Looks like Ndidi may play in advanced role until we sign an attacking Mid. But I'd be reasonably happy with this lineup. Still think we'll see 2 or 3 more signings before the end of the window who will improve us going forward. 

Ndidi as an attacking midfielder? :beer:

They have lost 1 in their last 24 games at this level, same system, same manager.

Id genuinely take a draw, but it’s very hard to know where we are because of the messy pre season.

We aren’t going to be the finished article of what Enzo wants for a while yet, squad isn’t even complete, nevermind him having enough time with them.