Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Poor Cov used to gloat that we’d never win the FA Cup and go on about the administration thing 😂 living in Hinckley I still see them as an irrelevant tinpot club

Same. I absolutely detest them. Loved them being in league 2. 

13 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Dreadful place, Ring Road is the worst I've driven, and no surprise Ghost Town and Concrete Jungle were songs from a band from Coventry!  Even the rats have cleared off!!!

Ghost Town was inspired by Jerry Dammer's time in Liverpool. Coventry, like most cities, including Leicester, has some pretty dismal places, and the city as a whole has few attractions, with few reasons for a visit. But As for the ring road, as ugly as it is it is fact one of the finest design feats of inner city travel, in which one can travel to each quarter of the city in minutes, largely in free flowing traffic. I doubt there's another urban roadway system to match. It is the case that visitors get unnerved when using it, as they fail to observe the signs telling them to keep in the right hand/outer lane, and instead use the inside lane that's to be used for entry and exit onto the system. 

Edited by georgecurtis
spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

They seem to have made some decent signings.

Think this'll be a tight game.

Robins seems to have done a good job that's been overlooked at times by some.

Yes, but the first team now includes 8 or 9 players who have only trained with each other for weeks, or even days. Think it will be a another slow start for us this season. Probably a good time to play Leicester, rather than a more beatable team as we get into our stride. 

Edited by georgecurtis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, georgecurtis said:

Yes, but the first team now includes 8 or 9 players who have only trained with each other for weeks, or even days. Think it will be a another slow start for us this season. Probably a good time to play Leicester, rather than a more beatable team as we get into our stride. 

Probably.

What's your general feeling towards us?

Do you have a negative attitude towards LCFC, like with much of your fellow fans?

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Ndidi as an attacking midfielder? :beer:

He'll likely start , not for his attacking prowess, but for his ability to break up the middle of the park where coventry tend to play through.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

They have lost 1 in their last 24 games at this level, same system, same manager.

Id genuinely take a draw, but it’s very hard to know where we are because of the messy pre season.

We aren’t going to be the finished article of what Enzo wants for a while yet, squad isn’t even complete, nevermind him having enough time with them. 

For what it's worth, we have lost one of our last 27 games...

in the championship.

• Haha 3

Ghost Town was inspired by Jerry Dammer's time in Liverpool. Coventry, like most cities, including Leicester, has some pretty dismal places, and the city as a whole has few attractions, with few reasons for a visit. But As for the ring road, as ugly as it is it is fact one of the finest design feats of inner city travel, in which one can travel to each quarter of the city in minutes, largely in free flowing traffic. I doubt there's another urban roadway system to match. It is the case that visitors get unnerved when using it, as they fail to observe the signs telling them to keep in the right hand/outer lane, and instead use the inside lane that's to be used for entry and exit onto the system. 

If that's one of the finest designs, I'd hate to see a bad one, an Insurance liability nightmare with 50/50 sideswipes entering and exiting. The only good thing is you can leave the place quickly. 

Edited by SK3Blue

10 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

If that's one of the finest designs, I'd hate to see a bad one, a liability nightmare with 50/50 sideswipes entering and exiting. The only good thing is you can leave the place quickly. 

Yes, you need to keep up with the flow, if you are a nervous or newbie driver I can see why you'd find it a bit unnerving. Still, at least in the national infrastructure survey Leicester's congestion wasn't found to be as bad as Nottingham, so I'm sure you'll take some succor from that. Leicester has some lovely countryside - often ride the motorcycle that way - but I'm careful not to enter the conurbations, as exit wouldn't be easy as there's  no good road out.

Edited by georgecurtis

2 hours ago, georgecurtis said:

The desecration of Coventry began before WW2 with some truly horrendous planning decisions , demolishing many 400 year old buildings. The Nazis of course piled on the agony and the boneheaded city planners of the 50s and 60s finished it off. A modern disaster.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

They have lost 1 in their last 24 games at this level, same system, same manager.

Id genuinely take a draw, but it’s very hard to know where we are because of the messy pre season.

We aren’t going to be the finished article of what Enzo wants for a while yet, squad isn’t even complete, nevermind him having enough time with them. 

Neither are they though they have had as much if not more of a turnover in players as us and have played less preseason games

54 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Probably.

What's your general feeling towards us?

Do you have a negative attitude towards LCFC, like with much of your fellow fans?

I think football forums are simply like most of social media - it's an adults playground, most of whom would be embarrassed to say the things they do in person. Without wishing to raise ire, if you read through this thread I think you'll find it contains much the same sorts of comments about the club, city, the fans as the SBT forum does. Bear in mind also, we have a lot of kids that have joined the throng as we climbed our way out of a quite desperate situation, and half of them haven't a clue. Nobody should take things seriously, would be my thought. The funniest chant last year was the 'where were you when you were shit' one from the Brummies.

In terms of my feelings towards Leicester, non-plussed really. Good club, always had solid support (better on average than Cov) and who have had a benefactor with cash, well, what's new in football over the last 20 years?. I think of clubs that I don't much care for, but Leicester is not in there, as there's no reason. I suppose in terms of affinity, I'm closer to Brum and Brom, as like many Coventrarians I have roots and old family in the West Midlands. 

Edited by georgecurtis
  • Like 3

With Enzo ball unlikely to be the finished article, and with some creativity missing from the 11 (AM and RW still to fill), I'd like to see Kel start. 

Imagine we'll go with Vardy/Daka when the system is fully operational, but feel it's unlikely we'll carve out chance after chance at the moment. Iheanacho's the man to make something of nothing.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

With Enzo ball unlikely to be the finished article, and with some creativity missing from the 11 (AM and RW still to fill), I'd like to see Kel start. 

Imagine we'll go with Vardy/Daka when the system is fully operational, but feel it's unlikely we'll carve out chance after chance at the moment. Iheanacho's the man to make something of nothing.

Yeah man we definitely need Iheanacho dropping in to space, pulling the centre backs with him and creating some room for those overlapping Wilfred Ndidi runs. 

Heaven forbid a competent finisher get on the end of one of these silky moves we've been putting together. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah man we definitely need Iheanacho dropping in to space, pulling the centre backs with him and creating some room for those overlapping Wilfred Ndidi runs. 

Heaven forbid a competent finisher get on the end of one of these silky moves we've been putting together. 

lol point taken.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't expect to see numerous silky moves leading to goalscoring opportunities with the personnel we have in the final third. Bearing in mind we'll also be relying on the likes of N'didi to play the killer pass, for me it's a safer bet to get Iheanacho on the ball with a license to shoot on sight.

We'll probably win 5-0 with 25 shots on target now that I've said this, mind.

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

lol point taken.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't expect to see numerous silky moves leading to goalscoring opportunities with the personnel we have in the final third. Bearing in mind we'll also be relying on the likes of N'didi to play the killer pass, for me it's a safer bet to get Iheanacho on the ball with a license to shoot on sight.

We'll probably win 5-0 with 25 shots on target now that I've said this, mind.

Which is strange because it seems that throughout preseason this is the one element we seem to have got right - still a bit shaky at the back, still not taking our chances in the the box, but creating chances has not been a problem (despite not being fully up to strength creatively), whether that be through good movement through the middle, slick passing out wide, or those big diagonals over the top.

Tomorrow's line up is still pretty much a premier League team Vs a championship team on paper.  If we come out with the right attitude to the game I can't see us not winning.  But attitude from top to bottom of the club has got us in the mess we are in so who knows 🤔

Edited by kristianity77

Yes, you need to keep up with the flow, if you are a nervous or newbie driver I can see why you'd find it a bit unnerving. Still, at least in the national infrastructure survey Leicester's congestion wasn't found to be as bad as Nottingham, so I'm sure you'll take some succor from that. Leicester has some lovely countryside - often ride the motorcycle that way - but I'm careful not to enter the conurbations, as exit wouldn't be easy as there's  no good road out.

Nottingham is absolutely terrible, everywhere, all the time. I hate it. And the council's beyond bankrupt so the potholes are getting scary.

I bought an automatic car purely for the amount of time I spend going nowhere, slowly