Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

9 hours ago, Line-X said:

It's the Coventry Building Society Arena now...but I guess like the KP, many referred to it as the Walkers Stadium for years after. And at least if you did you'd be out of town and a spit away from the M6 to make a quick exit/escape. 

Saying that, I did used to like going to Highfield Road. Proper authentic football ground that. You used to be able to park on the road by Gosford Green and then it was a quick walk up the hill to the ground. 

I only went to Highfield Road a couple of times - once to see City and once at the invite of a referee mate of mine who was running the line at a local match between two junior teams.

It was a nice ground, less ramshackle than Filbo. But like FS, it was suffering from being a post Victorian ground in a car dominated inner-city area.

When I worked there Cov were, behind Arsenal and Everton the longest continuous presence in the first tier (I'll stand to be corrected on that 🤔). I only hope our fall from grace is much shorter than theirs.

40 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Tomorrow's line up is still pretty much a premier League team Vs a championship team on paper.  If we come out with the right attitude to the game I can't see us not winning.  But attitude from top to bottom of the club has got us in the mess we are in so who knows 🤔

Premier league team that got relegated from the premier because they weren't good enough. This is our level.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can't wait for their first ever sold out away at Filbert Way to sing "where were you when you were shit" after about 2 minutes. 

Their 15/16 average in league 1 was 12,500.

They averaged 2,382 when they played home matches at Sixfields. 

• Haha 1

Mads

Ricardo

Faes

Vesty

Doyle

Ndidi

KDH
Winks

Castagne 

Vardy

Mavididi. 

(which i'd be relatively happy with, though i'd prefel Marcal or McAteer instead of castagne - time to move forward)

14 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Premier league team that got relegated from the premier because they weren't good enough. This is our level.

Ridiculous this, the reason there is so much built up anger/hatred/frustration towards our owners/dof is because we were plenty good enough.

They just couldn't see the disgusting arrogance, lack of care from our then manager and players to do anything about it.

Im the biggest pessimist going, but if we put in just 20% more effort per player than last season then we walk this league at a canter.

Thats how's avoidable relegation was 

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Livid said:

Deep down I’m still hacked off with entire club. Yes I’m livid even.

I’m in my 50’s and for the first time ever I thought we had some stability in the top tier and they totally screwed it up. A car crash we all saw coming but no one thought about braking until it was too late. 

The squad on paper could walk this division but the squad we had last year should have been top half of the PL challenging for Europe not getting relegated.

As for getting the myth about relegation being needed  to reset the club it’s like having a PC with the latest version of windows and having a few niggly glitches, the IT department comes along and replaces your PC with something with XP from 2001 and telling you to get on with it. 

I’ll be backing them tomorrow because they will be wearing the shirt but it’s going to take some time for me to get over the totally avoidable fall out from last season. 

I’m from the north of the county and playing Cov means absolutely nothing to me, they’re just Cov and that’s it. Sorry! 

It's good to know I'm not the only over 50 here that feel that the club have blown the potential of long term premier success, it's hard to get excited about the upcoming season, cause part  of me feels that we just shouldn't be here and sides like Fulham Brentford Wolves Brighton and even forest now enjoying better success than us. Even if we do get promoted we will  just be the Leicester of old where our main aim will be survival. when once we were playing European football or on the brink of it but I'd be very surprised if I'll ever see those days again.

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

It's good to know I'm not the only over 50 here that feel that the club have blown the potential of long term premier success, it's hard to get excited about the upcoming season, cause part  of me feel that we just shouldn't be here and side like Fulham Brentford Wolves Brighton and even forest now enjoying better success than us. Even if we do get promoted we will  just be the Leicester of old where our main aim will be survival. when once we were playing European football or on the brink of it but I'd be very surprised if I'll ever see those days again.

Those nights seem a long way off right now. I no faith in the current hierarchy at the club being able to get us back to that level. 

28 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

It's good to know I'm not the only over 50 here that feel that the club have blown the potential of long term premier success, it's hard to get excited about the upcoming season, cause part  of me feels that we just shouldn't be here and sides like Fulham Brentford Wolves Brighton and even forest now enjoying better success than us. Even if we do get promoted we will  just be the Leicester of old where our main aim will be survival. when once we were playing European football or on the brink of it but I'd be very surprised if I'll ever see those days again.

That's it in a nutshell.  We have blown a decade's growth when we appeared to have consolidated into an established Premiership force and we have done it though sheer incompetence, complacency and apathy.

• Like 4