Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Faes and Vestergaard are not defenders to be able to get back in to position very quickly, so this will be a difficult watch at times. Unless he's some sort or wizard. I don't think I could pick a worse pairing out of all our defenders if I tried and yet here we are.

Maybe it'll work 😂😂😂

Totally get that but mate but was thinking of the protection in front of the back 3/4 which was absolutely lacking last season.

I do have a bit of fear about Vestergaard against Simms though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I'm looking forward to today. Think the people on here who are really down about us right now probably needed to spend the summer not thinking about football.

Or just maybe it could be the other way round? 

I'm nervous now though, it is a huge game for us would be great to get off to a good start and stamp down our authority on how we're going to approach this season 

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I'm looking forward to today. Think the people on here who are really down about us right now probably needed to spend the summer not thinking about football.

Imagine not thinking about football all summer and coming back at 11:00am to see Vestergaard in the starting 11, couldn’t be me.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

I won’t be as positive in a couple of hours but one of the first things that I noticed from comments and some parts of pre-season, Enzo makes players get defensively into shape much quicker.

...what I did notice was that players were back in defence in numbers, but no one was picking up anyone!!!

Runners not being tracked, which was too reminiscent of last season.

This will be a tough game. They just missed out on promotion although will be missing Goykeres and Doyle. However they have a more established team and style of play under Robins whereas I feel we are a little undercooked at this point but will improve through the season 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Coventry played teams from lower leagues with varying degrees of success, i suspect none of them are likely to have worked them as hard as we will.

True

re negativity - i think we’ll win the league but I expect it will take a few games before we’re up to speed 

Right that’s the summer over, thanks England and Australia, now back to football after getting last season out of my system! 

I can see a cagey 1-0 win , will be a tough watch as opening days tend to be. The team is not the finished article and won’t make any real judgement till 10 games have passed(easier said than done!) 

Let’s hope we can banish last season where it belongs, the history books and bounce back in style!

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I went to check the final scores on the BBC webpage yesterday. Firstly, there was the womens world cup, then the Scottish prem results and only then the Championship.

Seemed to be scrolling down and down. :unsure:

never no point checking on the BBC, they just put what they have first, then anything else

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Depends if you can see ‘the process’ working or not 

we lost by 4 last Sunday but I was pretty content 

I don’t think the average Leicester fan would be able to see a process lol 

They would rather have a headless chicken up top like Huuuuuuuuuuummmmeeeeee. 

• Haha 1