Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

2 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

I just can't take these teams seriously. We should win every match in this pissant league. 

I like your enthusiasm, however if that's what you envisage, may I suggest supporting either of the Manchester teams, liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham/ Chelsea, your view would be more palatable, we will not find it plane sailing, or easy in the Championship against any of the teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

I just can't take these teams seriously. We should win every match in this pissant league. 

I agree. It annoys me that we are here. I honestly can't take Plymouth,  Hull,  Rotherham, Cardiff, Millwall etc seriously. Even a nothing game against Brentford in the Premier League is 100x  more appealing 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Look at all those empty seats. Better get off to a good start next season or we'll be seeing that again.

We've got more season ticket holders than a lot of attendances we had last time we were in the Championship. I think even our lowest attendances will be 25/26k

57 minutes ago, Koke said:

I agree. It annoys me that we are here. I honestly can't take Plymouth,  Hull,  Rotherham, Cardiff, Millwall etc seriously. Even a nothing game against Brentford in the Premier League is 100x  more appealing 

As most of our players have been dismissed as not good enough on here or have left or are leaving , I am nothing like as confident as you.

Cutting edge insight from the club here.

"I couldn't give a **** about the first game of the season to be honest. I know we'll pump Cov. My eyes immediately scanned for our away game against Plymouth because I wanted a day at the beach and I've heard the Fiery Roquito from the Zizzi's there is particularly banging. Then I realised there's no beach in Plymouth and it's in fvcking April. Pissed off is an understatement."  - Enzo Maresca

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I think it's a good fixture to start with against a top side from championship last season, it will be a good marker for the rest of the season. 

Don't think it's a good marker because we are going to be bottom half at best (if we play no better than the way we played last season)

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

I like your enthusiasm, however if that's what you envisage, may I suggest supporting either of the Manchester teams, liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham/ Chelsea, your view would be more palatable, we will not find it plane sailing, or easy in the Championship against any of the teams.

Yes, and with the same lineup and attitude as last season we would struggle to stay up!

• Like 1

New season, new opponents with a new broom - cannot wait - this will be a lot tougher than some expect as a season but it could be interesting on the opening day as i would not be surprised if Barnes and/or Maddison are still here stepping out ......hopefully with a completely different attitude .....I expect Enzo to not carry players who are not mentally and physically 100% committed to the cause ...

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Cutting edge insight from the club here.

"I couldn't give a **** about the first game of the season to be honest. I know we'll pump Cov. My eyes immediately scanned for our away game against Plymouth because I wanted a day at the beach and I've heard the Fiery Roquito from the Zizzi's there is particularly banging. Then I realised there's no beach in Plymouth and it's in fvcking April. Pissed off is an understatement."  - Enzo Maresca

I noticed his "statement" has unwavering in it. That AI at Leicester needs a bit of work.

• Like 1

Some things transcend football. Just discovered an ex workmate  has terminal oesophogus cancer . He is an ardent Sky Blues Fan and hopes to live long enough to see the match at the K P probably on the T V.   Puts a different perspective on the match for me.