Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Our Tone Deaf Social Media Team

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I've quite long thought they're sat in the office trying to get a reaction. It makes for good content I must say.

And that's what social media is all about. Interactions, shares, hits, retweets, likes, quotes etc etc. 

If you're wound up by ours, or any other football club's, social media then you've played right into their hands. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

A place to share brain farts coming from our club's socials. 

I'll start... 

Screenshot_20230622-1627003.thumb.png.0b816383903fcee468d523fb5cb32f24.png

You just wouldn't, would you?

could have at least had some banter and followed up with 'We gave him a cake and he only went and dropped it' 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And that's what social media is all about. Interactions, shares, hits, retweets, likes, quotes etc etc. 

If you're wound up by ours, or any other football club's, social media then you've played right into their hands. 

It's the club's official account not Talksport or some rag though? They shouldn't be trying to bait their own fans.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's the club's official account not Talksport or some rag though? They shouldn't be trying to bait their own fans.

They're not baiting anyone here though. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

He is a Leicester player. He may be terrible but the club wishing him a happy birthday is fine as far as I'm concerned. 

They have done far worse in the past "our beloved chairman along with five others tragically lost their lives" in particular read very badly. 

It's not that he doesn't deserve a happy birthday post. 

Any kind of post involving Ward is going to open him up to a world of abuse. 

They probably should be doing whatever they can to shield him from that negativity.

It might seem silly but he's still a person and might take it all to heart.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He's not been good enough but it's not his fault he was picked. Abuse of Ward is becoming a bit harsh, not seen anything to suggest he isn't a nice bloke. 

Not popular amongst the squad, never saves the date for parties

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Danizen said:

It's not that he doesn't deserve a happy birthday post. 

Any kind of post involving Ward is going to open him up to a world of abuse. 

They probably should be doing whatever they can to shield him from that negativity.

It might seem silly but he's still a person and might take it all to heart.

This is how I saw it as well. They're just making him a target. Why you would put up a post of a player who is incredibly unpopular and just open up another avenue of negativity I don't know.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I mean they should be able to post a happy birthday message to one of our players without it leading to abuse. 

I agree, but you're living in a dream world and completely blind if you can't see it's going to happen.

Our social media team seems to quite comfortably fall into this category.

They have to keep the content coming to keep up engagement but they're also probably bound by pretty tight brand guidelines. 

Hence the innocuous nonsense 90% of the time.