Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Our Tone Deaf Social Media Team

Abusing your own players is not acceptable especially if its the guys bday. Its not like hes done anything bad.... well apart from telling some fans to eff off at half time against Chelsea... in that case perhaps some fans aint forgot.

• Like 2

I'm surprised the video of Enzo yesterday featuring Jon Rudkin so prominently didn't trigger more people.

I guess it's a way of saying look(!) Top and Jon really do care, they're trying their hardest and all hands on deck.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

He is a Leicester player. He may be terrible but the club wishing him a happy birthday is fine as far as I'm concerned. 

They have done far worse in the past "our beloved chairman along with five others tragically lost their lives" in particular read very badly. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think every player gets a happy birthday message every year?

But Danny Ward, arguably the most culpable player in our relegation, gets one a few weeks after relegation. 

It's just funny how they appear to get everything wrong. 

If nothing else, think of Ward in all of this. The comments were obviously going to be toxic, and they are.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Screenshot-2023-06-22-17-43-10-21-1c3376

This season at least, "We're about to go down but.... there's a new £70 shirt that's going on sale soon", takes some beating.

Using a jpeg of a player likely to leave as well. Regardless how much moolah we get it’s stupidity

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm surprised the video of Enzo yesterday featuring Jon Rudkin so prominently didn't trigger more people.

I guess it's a way of saying looking Top and Jon really do care, they're trying their hardest and all hands on deck.

I wanted to see Enzo push Rudkin in to the pool so fu*king badly in that vid. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The ****ing t-shirt cannons when we're in a relegation decider. Wildly optimistic about the mood of the fan base.

It's literally for the kids. Any adult willingly wanting one for themselves is a bit odd.

I don't think a t-shirt cannon is worth getting so worked up over. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's literally for the kids. Any adult willingly wanting one for themselves is a bit odd.

Keep it for the family stand. They were utterly brainless shooting them towards the Kop by the end of the season. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Using a jpeg of a player likely to leave as well. Regardless how much moolah we get it’s stupidity

I mean using a player leaving/out of contract (Amartey) and same player (Barnes) as the post you were replying to, for the same reasoning, in the Season Ticket marketing is equally ridiculous.

It could only be bettered by Tielemans and Maddison with a slogan such as "We're in it together".

Edited by Matt

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, Matt said:

I guess it's a way of saying looking Top and Jon really do care, they're trying their hardest and all hands on deck.

Seeing the pair made me irate. Top looked like the nerdy kid at school who’s been forced to work with the school bully.

Just seeing Rudkin in that poorly cut shirt wound me up. 

58 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

This thread basically reads "I'm grown adult who can't keep my emotions in check and get wound up by free t shirts and happy birthday messages."

The club has ****ed up in numerous way recently. Free t shirts, entertainment and birthday messages to player aren't the problems. Get a grip.

Not really. I just think they're a bit out of touch and it raises an eyebrow.

Everything doesn't have to be extreme all the while.

• Like 4

Just now, SemperEadem said:

And Newcastle

Jesus two of the worst then to compound the misery. 

I didn’t know they were a thing pre match. Saw people walking away from the ground with them and thought my god you look like see you next tuesdays

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I guess it's a way of saying look(!) Top and Jon really do care, they're trying their hardest and all hands on deck.

Rudkin gives me Higgins from Ted Lasso vibes. Just an awkward energy. I can tell Enzo isn't going to get along with him already. lol

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Keep it for the family stand. They were utterly brainless shooting them towards the Kop by the end of the season. 

The outrage from some parents that their sections were being ignored by the t-shirt cannons would be priceless. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Wouldn't feel that way had they not been blasting them into the stand I was in thinking that my engagement with the club was tantamount to American Foootttbbbaaawwwlll.

I don't sit in the family stand.

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It doesn’t really.

Social media is the main communication channel for clubs with its supporters away from matchday now - so it’s fair for us to discuss its effectiveness. When did you last receive a phone call from the club? A letter? An email that wasn’t just sales/marketing?

Clubs put people in roles to manage the social media content 24/7 and any potential sponsor will be shown the engagement stats. Brands won’t pay for a logo on a shirt now (which is why these no-mark betting brands and dodgy fronts for ownership investment are rife) but they will pay to be on a video or anything where they can track the number of eyeballs on it.

Unfortunately, the person managing ours might know something about algorithms or the theory behind social media marketing, but they sure as hell do not understand anything about being a football fan. It shows that whilst some people think it’s just tapping away on Twitter for an easy life, it’s actually quite a hard job.

You are communicating to an audience who are customers but don’t want to be seen as customers. Their brand loyalty is stronger than with any other company but the flip side of that coin is that they are more knowledgeable and emotionally invested in it then you probably are yourself as the one in the role.

Striking the balance of looking like you’re engaging your audience’s passions whilst still being ‘on-brand’, commercial and inclusive is tough. But then that’s also the problem. Football fans don’t want their social media to be like every other corporation that wants a £ out of them. They’d prefer authentic and this is why things like the fan podcasts and fanzine websites will always be infinitely more popular than what the club churns out via its ‘official channels’.

So yeah, spare me the updates on how Castagne’s getting on for Belgium days after he’s come out saying his agent is finding him a ‘top club’ and birthday wishes for Danny Ward that could be sent to him direct or said in-person. And let people crack on with sharing their thoughts on what the club is communicating to the fan base via social media.

Understand the importance of social media mate, but equally they are just wishing a current player happy birthday which I'm 99.9% sure they do to every current first team squad member. If that gets you worked up, if you think that's bad, or insensitive or intended to wind up fans then that's on you. Think you'll find every other club wishes their players happy birthday too. All this show you lot up as is a hateful bunch. Danny Ward seems a decent guy, just because his performances haven't been good enough  suddenly you're all frothing at the mouth. What exactly do you want from the social media team now? Doom and gloom? Do you want them to be giving daily videos of Rudkin giving grovelling apologies? Maybe they shouldn't have posted the fixtures or the league cup draw, don't want to remind us of the relegation do they. Or are you just expecting silence until training or the season starts? I'd genuinely hate that job with our fans because I guarantee someone would have picked up on it being Wards birthday and said something about problems at the club had they not posted anything lol. I remember someone on here complaining, during the good times, when the club celebrated the anniversary of Filbert Fox's first appearance. We just really are bunch of miserable bastards, even when times are good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1