Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Our Tone Deaf Social Media Team

51 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's not just our owners that parade the teams around like an expensive toy. It's part of the job nowadays. Even Wrexham ffs are in the USA

At least they played a meaningful game... Our own Jonny Evans was the only senior player facing them and their star man punctured a lung, but still. :whistle:

10 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Singha was lightyears above Chang if they insist it needs to be Thai beer. Bring it back 

I quite like both to be honest but I can’t see them both being on offer for commercial reasons. The Guinness is passable too. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Nope, Cov haven’t played anymore games against “real” football clubs than we have

We have played Northampton and a game behind closed doors. 

They have played Forest Green, Shrewsbury, MK Dons and will have played Exeter by the time we play another game. 

Plus all this PR shit we're doing instead of focussing on the season 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

We have played Northampton and a game behind closed doors. 

They have played Forest Green, Shrewsbury, MK Dons and will have played Exeter by the time we play another game. 

Plus all this PR shit we're doing instead of focussing on the season 

Doesn’t matter whether it was behind closed doors or not, we also played 135 minutes against Leuven

By the time we play each other we will have played more minutes in pre-season games

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Well….

Interestingly or not, seeing people I’d normally say a more rational than myself with LCFC comment on this 

Turns out someone at the club can actually organise a piss up in a brewery. (or a disgusting sparkling water hydration sesh at least) 

Can't wait to see Chang Mineral being flogged for £3.50 a pop on the concourses. 

3 hours ago, FOTS said:

"We are Leicester City footballers in Thailand and we’ve been asked to deliver a message - we are in captivity and being treated well."A832D5A9-79A3-45A2-BDC6-E3D2CB7BCC75.thumb.jpeg.d2ae960fdde4c41ff6823c759a667988.jpeg

If this isn’t on the front of a rag paper in 5 days with someone’s blurred out arsehole, we might as well not have gone imo 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I assume that whilst we are doing this shit every day Coventry are actually training and playing games against real football clubs? 

Yes I'm sure we gave up valuable training time to do this. :rolleyes: Whilst Coventry are training 24/7, no breaks, no downtime.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yes I'm sure we gave up valuable training time to do this. :rolleyes: Whilst Coventry are training 24/7, no breaks, no downtime.

When they have finished training, presumably close to home i'm assuming they are going home and recovering rather than being dragged all over Bangkok doing multiple PR events. 

It's a load of old bollocks and you can look at it through your blue tinted specs all you like but it's shit prep for the upcoming season. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

For the love of god, and your own mental wellbeing please stop whining.

Why are so many of you determined to suck any joy or hope out of every situation.?

Are you like this in the real world?

Glad someone else mentioned it lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

When he took the job on he must have known we were going there? 

Plus as has been mentioned by others, we aren't the only club outside the PL playing games abroad. Nobody would have moaned had we had games lined up in Italy until ......

co* haven't played that much more than us and are also rebuilding their side, most teams will have a fair number of squad changes between now and the window shutting.

It's not worth getting that upset about that some have to post regularly about how appalling the owner/staff/club/players are.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Plus as has been mentioned by others, we aren't the only club outside the PL playing games abroad. Nobody would have moaned had we had games lined up in Italy until ......

co* haven't played that much more than us and are also rebuilding their side, most teams will have a fair number of squad changes between now and the window shutting.

It's not worth getting that upset about that some have to post regularly about how appalling the owner/staff/club/players are.

Rudkin isn't widely known in football so he's probably just realised our football operation is being lead by an utter plank.

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

When they have finished training, presumably close to home i'm assuming they are going home and recovering rather than being dragged all over Bangkok doing multiple PR events. 

It's a load of old bollocks and you can look at it through your blue tinted specs all you like but it's shit prep for the upcoming season. 

Its not just PR (although that will be a significant part of it), but there's also a pretty strong basis that training in hot conditions can improve athletic performance for around a month, even when returned to colder climes.

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

One of the issues last season was a lack of communication, nevertheless the guy has a job to do and I'd say from his reaction, it's hampered that job. We aren't premier league and we don't have 11 players that are used to one another, this pre season is more important than in many past seasons of the past I'd say.

On 22/06/2023 at 17:47, 21st Century Fox said:

Screenshot-2023-06-22-17-43-10-21-1c3376

This season at least, "We're about to go down but.... there's a new £70 shirt that's going on sale soon", takes some beating.

This has aged well but at the time I suppose they thought our best players would want to play in the championship..