Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

I doubt he’d do these numbers being given a full 90. He’s arguably a bit like Solskjaer off that list in terms of super sub contributions.

You say that, but when he had that run as a starter a few seasons ago wasn't the return something like 12 goals in 10 games? 

• Like 3

Just now, Jimbo said:

We won't, Kel is criminally under rated by us and massively under used.

I have a feeling he's one of those guys that doesn't give 100% in training and that's why he doesn't get to start as much. But when he plays he steps it up a notch. 

He'd bag for fun in the championship, if Forest get him and play him, he'll get double figures for sure and depending on how they play him, he'll add a few assists too 

Or he goes to Forest and very much like he does here he will have little purple patches of form but largely be very inconsistent and at times frustrating. He has become something of a cult hero here and like most of our fans I love him, but being honest, whilst his goal involvement stats are very good, overall it’s disappointing that despite an ageing Vardy, he has not been able to show the application or consistency to make the starting role his own. 

This would suggest that there are things missing in his attitude/application that will prevent him from being a very top level player and even hamper him at a club like ours where he hasn’t really kicked on after leaving Man City 

15 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Or he goes to Forest and very much like he does here he will have little purple patches of form but largely be very inconsistent and at times frustrating. He has become something of a cult hero here and like most of our fans I love him, but being honest, whilst his goal involvement stats are very good, overall it’s disappointing that despite an ageing Vardy, he has not been able to show the application or consistency to make the starting role his own. 

This would suggest that there are things missing in his attitude/application that will prevent him from being a very top level player and even hamper him at a club like ours where he hasn’t really kicked on after leaving Man City 

He hasn't had purple patches, he's had patches when he's been used correctly. You're not taking into account the fact that for the last 3-4 years we've had a manager who's arrogance has menat we've stuck to his system without the players to play it, instead of playing a system that suits the players. 

What is obvious is that Kel can't play as a loan striker, his movement and intelligence off the ball is lacking, but as part of a 2, or even playing a deeper almost 10 role he's been a very good player for us. 

His stats at Man City were hugely skewed because of the players around him, if I had Silva and De Bruyne playing behind me I reckon I could get double figures in the premier league, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he his underrated by us.

Like I said, I get the impression he's that laid back in training he's never giving 100% and that is what is holding him back but adding a personal element to that, rightly or wrongly, I can't exactly blame him. He's been through a few managerial changes, each with a different style and plan for him and he's always been the 2nd striker, mentally it must be pretty tough, so you end up thinking to yourself why give 100% because you know that the manager isn't going to play you and when he does he's asking you to play a role that makes you look poorer than you actually are

Edited by Jimbo

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You say that, but when he had that run as a starter a few seasons ago wasn't the return something like 12 goals in 10 games? 

Behind closed doors.

Can't play with fans in the stadium lol

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Behind closed doors.

Can't play with fans in the stadium lol

Couldn't care less, his goals in the quarter final and semi final saw us get to the FA cup final. 

If you're being serious, shows the difference it can make when you get to play your own game without fans constantly moaning about you 

I love Kel and I think he’d be great in this league, but I can’t get onboard with the assumption that he’d comfortably bag 20+ goals just because he’s not that type of player. He has 30 premier league goals in 6 seasons for us. If we look past that one purple patch where he scored 10-15 then the rest of his time here he’s been pretty mediocre. We’ve seen at times this season how poor he can be in front of goal, he’s underperformed on his xG too. I think we all agree he’s not really a 9, at least not up front on his own unless we’re playing with high 8’s and attacking wingers, neither of which we have. So then you have to find a different formation to fit him in. 

He can be great and his play making can be is really effective, him and Daka would be a dangerous partnership in this league imo. But I feel like people have overstated his quality because of that one 6 month stint.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Correct, length of time or ‘number of games’ do not tell a full story.

@Finnegan this seems like the sort of stat bomb you would have been leading with. You must be losing your touch :whistle:

He was probably, like any sane person, asleep at that time not angrily scouring the internet for a stat 😅

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Sorry to say but he looks out of place on that list…. You can make stats work for you and that list has certainly done that for Iheanacho 

I can't agree - that's about as basic a stat as is possible and it can't really be manipulated to work for anyone. Minutes played divided by assists or goals for all players who have played a good chunk of PL games.  

In your opinion he looks out of place on that list but, of course, factually is he not out of place on that list because he is on that list.

The fact he has put those numbers up against players who have all played for the big clubs (other than Kane, Spurs are tiny) is even more impressive imo.  Must we do our Kel down? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Sorry to say but he looks out of place on that list…. You can make stats work for you and that list has certainly done that for Iheanacho 

It’s likely somewhere inbetween. He probably does look out of place on that list yes, but that’s a list of the some of the best strikers to grace the league since 1992. They are elite. He is a level or so below but still a very good player at Premier League level and massively too good for the Championship.

I guess with the likes of Kel, we will just see what happens in the pre season. He’s likely to still be here, as are a few of the others potentially up for sale….

But if Maresca can get a tune out of these lads he might fancy keeping them around…… some risks will be taken to try and get back up straight away, and if Enzo can get a tune out of the lads remaining, and add a bit of exciting talent the HMS piss the league could well set sale. 

22 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I can't agree - that's about as basic a stat as is possible and it can't really be manipulated to work for anyone. Minutes played divided by assists or goals for all players who have played a good chunk of PL games.  

In your opinion he looks out of place on that list but, of course, factually is he not out of place on that list because he is on that list.

The fact he has put those numbers up against players who have all played for the big clubs (other than Kane, Spurs are tiny) is even more impressive imo.  Must we do our Kel down? 

It’s not about that, those numbers do paint a false picture, adding a bunch of sub appearances to make a per 90 stat is tantamount to pointless. Let me be clear, I want him to stay far more than any other player, and not putting him down. It just paints a false picture of consistency.

Edited by Dahnsouff

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Correct, length of time or ‘number of games’ do not tell a full story.

@Finnegan this seems like the sort of stat bomb you would have been leading with. You must be losing your touch :whistle:

I've brought this up several times. I've been defending Iheanacho before I'd even heard of Patson Daka! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've brought this up several times. I've been defending Iheanacho before I'd even heard of Patson Daka! 

Ah ok! Not taking the piss by the way, your posts on the Daka thread over the past days I couldn’t agree with more. It’s refreshing to see balanced information on here rather than the normal ‘hE’s ShIt’ about every player!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trugerkem said:

He really doesn't though does he? Stats can of course be used to twist an argument but when it comes to goals and assists, vs appearances/per 90's you can't argue with that. His job is to score and create goals and that's shown very few have done better in PL history.

Even if he's wasteful with chances, that would just tell you that his positioning is better than anyone else's so that he can keep getting those chances to score at that rate in the same team.

Imagine having goal involvement stats that are completely undeniable on any level and banging on about consistency when you get half a game a month to prove yourself because an arrogant bell end won't play you. Downplaying that one time he was brilliant for 6 months is ludicrous because in all the time he's been here it's the only 6 months he's played and all he did was score and assist, like that was some sort of fluke but the rest of the time he was twiddling his thumbs on the bench he somehow wasn't good enough. Boggles my mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nick said:

I doubt he’d do these numbers being given a full 90. He’s arguably a bit like Solskjaer off that list in terms of super sub contributions.

26 of his 30 PL goals for us have come in games he's started.

68 starts

26 goals in those starts

13 assists in those starts

I'd imagine that, since I think he is our all-time leading FA Cup goalscorer, if we were to include his goals from cup starts his stats would only improve. Any way you look at it, he's been underutilised. Primarily by Rodgers.

• Like 4

There seems to be some proper idiots on here. Kel is clearly a very effective goal scorer and assist maker. The stats don’t lie. The fact we have misused him since his arrival is not his fault or as a result of any lack of ability. Just stupidity. 

Play him as a 10 or literally just behind a main striker and he will help fire us back to the Premier League. Absolutely criminal what the club have done to Itchy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I just think that particularly with the younger players who have known nothing but Rodgers and the team in a downturn, we need to see how they go in this new environment. There’s far too much just saying everyone’s shit because we went down, like it wasn’t due to other factors and that players can’t improve again,.

Absolutely spot on.  Virtually every player regressed last season, the common denominator being a team spiralling under a manager who was no longer effective.  

• Like 2