Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

8 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Sure I’ll be in the minority…

but when our fans (or a selection) talk about mindset not being good enough, in my opinion Kele fits into that. 

plus the fact his pace isn’t good enough, and he’s clumsy, I don’t see him as, as big a loss as others.

8M though is a bit to cheap 

You have massively contradicted yourself in this post.

You suggest he is not good enough. We are now in the Championship so the insinuation here is that he is not good enough for the Championship.

You then say £8mill is not enough.

Which is it? In my mind, players ‘not good enough for the Championship’ would not command fees are close to £8mill anyway! 

9 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

He is a managers nightmare, and pretty sure he is thick as f*** and very difficult to coach. 

Why? Inside info?

I’ve heard stuff along similar lines from someone who had interactions with him or his team before his time with us. Supposedly can be very difficult and very demanding in what he wants but gives little in return. I can’t comment on him being ‘thick’ nor would I.

I’ve always liked him for us, I think sometimes he looks clumsy, but he scores goals. 

So far in this window Leicester have made generous offers for 2 players whilst selling Madders cheaply. Strikers are rarely sold at a discount and surely the finances don’t force a sale at this price. I’d be inclined to get another striker in start pre season and see what offers come in

On the face of it, 8m seems very low. But I wonder whether wages are a factor here. (maybe no relegation reduction?) So maybe this is a sale we need and not one that we want. 

I really like Nacho, but let's not forgot he blows very hot and cold. At his best he's a goal and assist machine. At his worst he looks like a pub player. 

Sell for the right price for me. 15m seems reasonable given last year of contract.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how it's possible but I think Iheanacho is the most underrated and overrated striker I've ever known. Drifts from one to the other and I'm still not sure if I'm a fan of him or not.

That said, would absolutely smash the championship and would rather him go for nothing next year than for £8m to Forest.

Problem with Kel is you either get an 8.5 or 4.5 performance. When he’s on form he’s a Top6 striker, when he’s off form the ball bounces off him and you wonder if he’s ever played football!

Kind of suggests he’s got the ability but possibly not the right mindset to do it week in week out. You can argue that’s the managers job but some of it has to come from within.

£8m is low, but realistically only by say £3-4m given his and our situation.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gerard said:

Surely by definition we only do deals that we think benefits us?

Yes, you're right. But in forest's case, we should weigh up not only our own benefit but theirs too. We only deal with them if we believe it benefits us AND causes them harm (like the Wes transfer)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

This is one I would just say no. £8m is not a lot to lose and if we made him main man and he tore the championship a new arsehole, we could hopefully convince him to stay. And if we don't need him, well 8m is **** all compared to promotion (and let's face it, the only way we don't need him is if we rip up the league without hm starting. 

It's all IFS though, yet we could get a fee for nacho and go all in on a 25 year old whos scored 44 goals in the championship over 2 seasons, and have hiim on a 5 year contract

• Like 1

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

It's all IFS though, yet we could get a fee for nacho and go all in on a 25 year old whos scored 44 goals in the championship over 2 seasons, and have hiim on a 5 year contract

Which tbf does sound better. So I won't lose much sleep over it anymore.  Surprisingly feels like we can trust our club again. 

On 02/07/2023 at 06:25, LCFCJohn said:

You have massively contradicted yourself in this post.

You suggest he is not good enough. We are now in the Championship so the insinuation here is that he is not good enough for the Championship.

You then say £8mill is not enough.

Which is it? In my mind, players ‘not good enough for the Championship’ would not command fees are close to £8mill anyway! 

I said his mindset isn’t good enough (for what I think we require) not that he isn’t good enough player for the championship.

He will get us goals in the championship and is worth more then 8 million, but if we get promoted I feel we need players with a different personality.

though I admire him for not kicking up a fuss over lack of game time, it could to some like myself, highlight a fundamental flaw between those that want to play and keep striving to improve vs those that don’t.

Maddison another example. Whether we like him or not, he has that desire to keep improving, and has the attitude (some will say arrogance) to show that. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I suppose after losing Soyuncu and Youri for free the club may be a little reluctant to let it happen again. 

But if we’re only getting £8m for him that argument sort of goes out of the window. It would be different if the choice was between getting £30m now or losing him for free next summer…

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

But if we’re only getting £8m for him that argument sort of goes out of the window. It would be different if the choice was between getting £30m now or losing him for free next summer…

Depends on what funds we need to balance the books and how much wages we need to free up.

Also depending on whether he wants to stay, we have far too many players last season who want out. 

On 02/07/2023 at 07:39, Edingleyfox said:

So far in this window Leicester have made generous offers for 2 players whilst selling Madders cheaply. Strikers are rarely sold at a discount and surely the finances don’t force a sale at this price. I’d be inclined to get another striker in start pre season and see what offers come in

I suspect Spurs wanted more than £10m for Winks and that we knocked a little off the Madders fee so they knocked a little off the Winks fee.

Winks and Coady are very good business at this level and their transfer fees will be peanuts if it gets us back up. Coady for the price is pretty much bang on what I'd expect to pay, Winks was a touch more but not much.

Nacho leaving feels inevitable which is a shame as with Madders gone he'd finally get that number 10 slot he prefers. Hopefully we can get £10m plus as we'll need to spend on the forward line this summer with Barnes also likely off.

We all love Nacho because he comes across as a really good guy and has been one of the few players this year that genuinely looked like he gave a shit.

That aside, apart from 1 purple patch, his time here has been disappointing.  I think he'd be great to keep but imagine he's one of the bigger earners so again, getting him off the wage bill would be smart and if we can bring in around the £10m mark, i'd be open to it happening especially if it means us being able to bring in the lad from Swansea.

Where he goes I don't think matters.  Yeah it would be awful to see him go to Forest and do well, but let's be realistic, we've got bigger fish to fry at the minute.

11 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We all love Nacho because he comes across as a really good guy and has been one of the few players this year that genuinely looked like he gave a shit.

That aside, apart from 1 purple patch, his time here has been disappointing.  I think he'd be great to keep but imagine he's one of the bigger earners so again, getting him off the wage bill would be smart and if we can bring in around the £10m mark, i'd be open to it happening especially if it means us being able to bring in the lad from Swansea.

Where he goes I don't think matters.  Yeah it would be awful to see him go to Forest and do well, but let's be realistic, we've got bigger fish to fry at the minute.

Disappointing because he's had a manager that didn't use him. Had a tough start to his career here but he's turned it round massively and he's consistently been one of our best players when he's actually been played. Stats back that up and even when he's having a bad game, he still makes things happen. It's no accident that he gets more chances than anyone else when he's on the pitch.

• Like 1