Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:
14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Can we organiSe a protest at seagrave.... demanding nacho is kept on?

Lose the Z. 

Edited 3 minutes ago by elvisfmcfly
Not American

Oxford University Press would beg to differ!

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Why are people missing the fact that Percy reported the squad had a 35-50% reduction in wages relegation clause. 

That makes giving players away like Iheanacho for £8million make a lot less sense. 

We will have to replace him, probably with a decent transfer fee and decent wages and on a 3-4 year contract.

Surely the smarter investment is to keep a proven goal scorer on a much reduced wage, with a 12 month get out if he doesn't perform. 

His attitude has been first class during his whole time with us, despite the fact he has been messed around so much. 

An Iheanacho - Daka partnership could really blossom in the Championship and means we can focus our transfer activity on filling the midfield. 

Maybe the player himself doesn't want to take the pay cut........no point keeping a player who isn't motivated to stay at a lower level....

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

I said his mindset isn’t good enough (for what I think we require) not that he isn’t good enough player for the championship.

He will get us goals in the championship and is worth more then 8 million, but if we get promoted I feel we need players with a different personality.

though I admire him for not kicking up a fuss over lack of game time, it could to some like myself, highlight a fundamental flaw between those that want to play and keep striving to improve vs those that don’t.

Maddison another example. Whether we like him or not, he has that desire to keep improving, and has the attitude (some will say arrogance) to show that. 

Ah, apologies, I misinterpreted! 

I think for most, it is they we look and think is it worth passing on the £8mill for the likely benefit we would get this season.

You seem to be looking a lot more deeply (not a criticism at all).

You can look at it two ways. A similar discussion is at play re Barnes and if they chose to stay. You can look at it as they lack ambition whereas Maddison has shown more (Spurs and ambition is questionable). The flip side is that they are willing to get their hands dirty trying to get us back and must enjoy being at the club. Whereas Maddison couldn’t get away quick enough despite all of them being part of the collective failure from last season.

Personally I would sooner have players who have an affinity with the club (as much as a modern footballer can) and who wants to be with us than those just looking to move up. 

It’s similar with Coady and Winks based on reports of there being Premier League interest. If the project interests them and they want to be with us, good!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Why are people missing the fact that Percy reported the squad had a 35-50% reduction in wages relegation clause. 

That makes giving players away like Iheanacho for £8million make a lot less sense. 

We will have to replace him, probably with a decent transfer fee and decent wages and on a 3-4 year contract.

Surely the smarter investment is to keep a proven goal scorer on a much reduced wage, with a 12 month get out if he doesn't perform. 

His attitude has been first class during his whole time with us, despite the fact he has been messed around so much. 

An Iheanacho - Daka partnership could really blossom in the Championship and means we can focus our transfer activity on filling the midfield. 

The replacement will be worth something in a year's time though. Iheanacho will be worth nothing next summer and we know how players' form can dip when into the last year of contracts. I would rather buy a proven Championship striker than taking a chance on Daka coming good and Iheanacho playing to the level we know he can play, but often doesn't. 

8 minutes ago, Viva said:

The replacement will be worth something in a year's time though. Iheanacho will be worth nothing next summer and we know how players' form can dip when into the last year of contracts. I would rather buy a proven Championship striker than taking a chance on Daka coming good and Iheanacho playing to the level we know he can play, but often doesn't. 

This.

There's always a lot of talk on this forum about the club not learning lessons from past dealings.  They appear to be doing that now with paying the price to get their targets (Winks, Cody), not letting transfer saga's drag on in the hope that we recoup a bit more cash (the sale of Maddison) and not letting sentiment get in the way of progress (getting rid of Stowell).  If this happens, it's another example of the change in attitude that will hopefully bring us success.

We might not like it but these days, indecisiveness costs more than lower than ideal transfer fees. 

• Like 3

This taking of below par fees is 12 months too late. Surely there'd be enough takers to get more or potentially he'd hold more value to us at £8m for a season.

Having said that he is massively overrated by many on here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think I read, like lots of other aspects of English, the American is actually the 'original' and it was us that changed

Another example of this is the ‘u’ in words like ‘labour’ and ‘flavour’.  

IMG_7004.jpeg.4e26a5b8920c03d49dc51828dbfd0a9d.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ah, apologies, I misinterpreted! 

I think for most, it is they we look and think is it worth passing on the £8mill for the likely benefit we would get this season.

You seem to be looking a lot more deeply (not a criticism at all).

You can look at it two ways. A similar discussion is at play re Barnes and if they chose to stay. You can look at it as they lack ambition whereas Maddison has shown more (Spurs and ambition is questionable). The flip side is that they are willing to get their hands dirty trying to get us back and must enjoy being at the club. Whereas Maddison couldn’t get away quick enough despite all of them being part of the collective failure from last season.

Personally I would sooner have players who have an affinity with the club (as much as a modern footballer can) and who wants to be with us than those just looking to move up. 

It’s similar with Coady and Winks based on reports of there being Premier League interest. If the project interests them and they want to be with us, good!

Fair and valid points.

Yes if we think we would get 8M worth of goals (whatever that looks like) this season, then yes we should keep, irrespective of my views on mindset. 

for the record I wouldn’t sell for 8M

It is a tough one. I think Barnes being homegrown, local lad, LCFC supporter, and not an England regular, if I was him id do the same and stay. With Madders I don’t blame him At all. (though agree spurs are questionable choice) but for him, he wants international football.

Does this mean one is more driven than the other?

Or are we in an age where most footballers ultimately put their family and personal life (as they should) ahead of professional sporting honours?

I feel I’m digressing, but I guess for the fans whose life evolves around football, to have players they feel are not as invested would be tough, but I can see why. 

51 minutes ago, bovril said:

I think I read, like lots of other aspects of English, the American is actually the 'original' and it was us that changed

Help me make sense of this! The English language is perhaps our greatest export, followed by The Beatles. 

20 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Help me make sense of this! The English language is perhaps our greatest export, followed by The Beatles. 

A lot of people believe American English retained features of 17th/18th century English that we lost in Britain. I think the same is true of French in Canada.

3 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Didnt Nacho have a sell on clause written into his contract from Man City?  If we sell low we may not end up with a lot of money anyway?

No, they had a buyback, which expired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Umm, this can’t be good. 
Has he been seen in any training photos?

IMG_9984.jpeg

Played for Nigeria so gets longer off, same with the other internationals. Souttar came back early however. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1