Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Getting somebody's wages off the books is not 'cashing in'. And Iheancho's wages will have been reduced along with everybody else's. 

The 8 mill is funds to re invest. Listen, we aren't selling Kels for some crazy profit. He's a cult hero for a reason, and the epitome of the player whos loved because he doesn't play much. 1 year means out, no matter what. It has to be a red line. Who bloody knows what is the right salaries are but it was reported he was on about 90k a week. Even with the reduction thats huge. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

Getting Iheanacho for 8 million is an absolute steal and if that's the price we are negotiating at then I'm surprised that there's not loads of clubs lined up to match or beat that kind of offer. Guaranteed Premier League goals and assists and he barely ever started games. There's 14 to 16 squads that he would improve in that league, for that price even as a bigger club I'd buy him and start him in every League cup & F.A cup game (I realise he might turn on offer like that down personally). 

6 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Getting Iheanacho for 8 million is an absolute steal and if that's the price we are negotiating at then I'm surprised that there's not loads of clubs lined up to match or beat that kind of offer. Guaranteed Premier League goals and assists and he barely ever started games. There's 14 to 16 squads that he would improve in that league, for that price even as a bigger club I'd buy him and start him in every League cup & F.A cup game (I realise he might turn on offer like that down personally). 

There is a reason for it. There are much better options out there.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

There is a reason for it. There are much better options out there.

I'd agree there's loads of players with potential to get better numbers than him, but for that price and the fact that he's proven that he's capable, it's a steal. 

• Like 1

For 8 million I'd sooner keep him for this season. He's a quality finisher who dare I say it has got under BR. 

His movement is much better outside the box which has added another dimension to his game.

8 milion is an insult of an offer.

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

For 8 million I'd sooner keep him for this season. He's a quality finisher who dare I say it has got under BR. 

His movement is much better outside the box which has added another dimension to his game.

8 milion is an insult of an offer.

Not as straight forward as that, We still have to keep our eye on FFP.

The club will be looking at it as 8m + the 90k a week he's on saving... Don't forget his contract is up next summer and doesn't want to sign another one.

• Like 2

We haven't got value for money from him whichever way you look at it.

Some of that isn't down to him, but let's not pretend he's something he's not.  Looking at what he's produced for us in his time here, we clearly overpaid for him when we bought him.  He's only really been slightly more acceptable as a signing than Perez because of the purple patch of form he had a couple of years back.  

With a year left on his deal, he should go.  Is £8m too low?  Probably but only just.  I'd would have expected about £10m but in the interest of moving forward as a club, if it gets it done quick and allows us to move on, take the money and bid a warm farewell.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We are going to sign someone on more than 65k a week are we?

Well if we believe what we were told by John Percy the other week, then all the players wages have a clause that reduces them by between 30 and 50 per cent, if relegated, and I highly doubt that Nacho has been on over 100 grand a week previously.

Edited by smudger63

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For £8million? There really isn't 

Go tell the other scouts that then? People in this game largely know what they are doing. I am sure many of them look at Kels as a potential hidden gem that comes with huge risk. They will have far more insight into how he works, trains and behaves with coaches than we know about. If he was as good as many think he is, they would be queuing up for him. 

He's in last year of a contract isn't he? I love the guy but if he's not signing a new contract then it's time to grab what we can... cannot repeat last years mistakes and lose players on a free. If £8m is the fee, then so be it.. another fine piece of miss-management by our board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So lose him for free next year?

Depends on the fee and whether we can use that fee / use that fee wisely.

Under £15m and I’d keep. He’ll make a big difference to our promotion campaign

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We haven't got value for money from him whichever way you look at it.

Some of that isn't down to him, but let's not pretend he's something he's not.  Looking at what he's produced for us in his time here, we clearly overpaid for him when we bought him.  He's only really been slightly more acceptable as a signing than Perez because of the purple patch of form he had a couple of years back.  

With a year left on his deal, he should go.  Is £8m too low?  Probably but only just.  I'd would have expected about £10m but in the interest of moving forward as a club, if it gets it done quick and allows us to move on, take the money and bid a warm farewell.

By “the purple patch of form” you mean when the manager was forced to give him a run in the side.

He’s been really badly managed for me, everytime  you think he’s undroppable / first name on the team sheet he was dropped. It’s almost like we rewarded his good performances with a seat in the stands. 

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Depends on the fee and whether we can use that fee / use that fee wisely.

Under £15m and I’d keep. He’ll make a big difference to our promotion campaign

This always the crux isn't it - can he make the difference to a promotion push?

15 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Not as straight forward as that, We still have to keep our eye on FFP.

The club will be looking at it as 8m + the 90k a week he's on saving... Don't forget his contract is up next summer and doesn't want to sign another one.

I don’t think FFP comes into it right now as it’s based over 3 seasons in the championship I think

we are not buying a striker that is capable of scoring and assisting for less than 15/20m so we should hang on to him hope he gets on with the boss and see where we are at next season

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don’t think FFP comes into it right now as it’s based over 3 seasons in the championship I think

we are not buying a striker that is capable of scoring and assisting for less than 15/20m so we should hang on to him hope he gets on with the boss and see where we are at next season

Maybe the club think we would be fine with Vardy, Daka and Hirst? Also seems we have interest in the Swansea forward who wouldn't cost us that.