Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

8 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

He's in last year of a contract isn't he? I love the guy but if he's not signing a new contract then it's time to grab what we can... cannot repeat last years mistakes and lose players on a free. If £8m is the fee, then so be it.. another fine piece of miss-management by our board.

But surely he’s gonna tear it up in the champ? Look at what he can do to the fa cup fodder we’ve played in the last few seasons. 
worth keeping if he plays week in week out, especially as a 10 I believe he can get 30+ goal contributions in the champo.

it’s all been said previously but it ain’t a competition. He has to start against cov imho

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Maybe the club think we would be fine with Vardy, Daka and Hirst? Also seems we have interest in the Swansea forward who wouldn't cost us that.

Vardy is 37, Daka unproven and Hirst is a purely wild stab in the dark 

piroe would cost about 15m I bet and looks like he wants to play in the Prem

Edited by whoareyaaa

FFP was only a problem for the club so Rob Tanner says because they were trying to get under the target of 70% wages to turnover for UEFA European standards. The Premiership was 85% wages to turnover, I don't think we'd be judged on Championship standards whatever they are straight away surely.

Chris Wood went for £15 million to Newcastle, I'm betting there's no way the loan to buy Forest have for Wood with Newcastle is less than £8 million figure that's being quoted for Nacho. They know Nachos better than Wood, we know it, if you asked 100 fans, 90 would probably say Nacho is better, an you'd probably of asked 5 Kiwis out of the other 10. Keep Nacho he's worth double. He's still young enough to chance a season in the champ with us, an he won't be a regular starter in a top 10 prem side.

18 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

But surely he’s gonna tear it up in the champ? Look at what he can do to the fa cup fodder we’ve played in the last few seasons. 
worth keeping if he plays week in week out, especially as a 10 I believe he can get 30+ goal contributions in the champo.

it’s all been said previously but it ain’t a competition. He has to start against cov imho

I understand those points but we've caught a cold on players in their final year and not playing 100%. In his last year and not signed up to another club, he's not going to give 100%, he may try but every challenge is a potential ACL. I don't blame players for putting their futures first, but we have to be realistic in that even if he tries, we won't get a fully committed Nacho for next season.

If we could convince him to sign a short term deal, then yes probably as there's no doubting his ability at this level and the premier league.

2 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I understand those points but we've caught a cold on players in their final year and not playing 100%. In his last year and not signed up to another club, he's not going to give 100%, he may try but every challenge is a potential ACL. I don't blame players for putting their futures first, but we have to be realistic in that even if he tries, we won't get a fully committed Nacho for next season.

If we could convince him to sign a short term deal, then yes probably as there's no doubting his ability at this level and the premier league.

I doubt he will be going into the first game worrying about an ACL because he’s thinking about his next destination in 12 months time  plus the manager will make sure the players are giving 100% he doesn’t seem like that type either … maybe in the last few games but he could have helped us get promoted by then 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I doubt he will be going into the first game worrying about an ACL because he’s thinking about his next destination in 12 months time  plus the manager will make sure the players are giving 100% he doesn’t seem like that type either … maybe in the last few games but he could have helped us get promoted by then 

Its all conjecture. The club will know more about where his heads at, whether or not he is committed and whether or not heads are being turned by the lure of PL football and getting back to near his old wages.  I know many people love the bloke and i can see why, but the 1 year left on his wages issue is something that can't be swept under the carpet just because we all like him. What we cant just assume is that he is going to be 100% committed, remain injury free and not have his head turned at any point.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yea he’s a proven goal scorer so I would say the goals are guaranteed next year .. we are not getting anywhere near 15m with a year left so it would be beneficial to keep him and see if he can help us get promoted

if he gets on with manager and we go up he might sign a deal you just don’t know 

I think it’s hard to find proven goal scorers so to sell and have to bring is someone else to replace him with who is won’t be easy 

...Pep did not fancy him when he came to Man. City and he came to us in 2017!!!

Perhaps Pep has shed some light on what he saw when he had Nacho in his squad and pointed out his limitations, back to Maresca. 

If he is not going to get the opportunity to be a starter, then it might just be well that he moves on, where he gets support from his manager. You always felt that there was a caveat when Rodgers ever praised Nacho, he was never a convert to be in the Nacho fan club.

Going to Forest for that sum is a kick in the teeth and it is really hard to believe but Forest just keeps on buying players with no real shape or identity of what they want to achieve.

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It’s all conjecture. The club will know more about where his heads at, whether or not he is committed and whether or not heads are being turned by the lure of PL football and getting back to near his old wages.  I know many people love the bloke and i can see why, but the 1 year left on his wages issue is something that can't be swept under the carpet just because we all like him. What we cant just assume is that he is going to be 100% committed, remain injury free and not have his head turned at any point.  

Like you say it’s all conjecture.

KEEP

Edited by whoareyaaa

I'm frankly happy with any of the gutless losers from last season leaving they are all pretty much dead to me currently... however giving Forest a bargain signing is unacceptable. We should either be ripping the bastards off for every penny we can or taking the couple of Mill hit on his wages knowing that hel prob cover that with goals. 

8 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I'm frankly happy with any of the gutless losers from last season leaving they are all pretty much dead to me currently... however giving Forest a bargain signing is unacceptable. We should either be ripping the bastards off for every penny we can or taking the couple of Mill hit on his wages knowing that hel prob cover that with goals. 

I think Kel is one who deserves a free pass of being a gutless loser. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think Kel is one who deserves a free pass of being a gutless loser. 

He's far from the worst but he still made a big personal contribution to last season with his akinbiyi tribute act against Southampton. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So lose him for free next year?

I mean, if the best we're getting for him now is 10m then probably yes to be quite honest. 

Although I suppose that depends on whether Enzo has plans to start him and whether his head is in the game. 

In my opinion, an "On It" Iheanacho is better than any other striker we're going to be able to sign for 10m and could well have a big role in firing us to a promotion that would well and truly be worth turning down 10m now. 

Besides, if he's willing to go to shit like Forest with a very real prospect of coming straight back down then if we're on course for an obvious automatic promotion in six months time he might agree to extend his contract if Enzo is making him feel valued anyway. 

• Like 4

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

**** me this forum lol pathetic 

Not pathetic in the slightest. If people talk about giving a player a free pass then surely i'm in my right to point out why i dont think so. That Southampton game is key as well because it relates back to Madders 'lots of quality' chances. Kel had loads, and a draw there would have kept us up. Yet we all happily pile into Madders because of the Everton game. It wasnt just Southampton, there have been spells of missed chances (he went on a chipping spree the season before missing everytime).

Kel deserves to be on the same list as everyone else, and won't guarantee us anything next season.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Not pathetic in the slightest. If people talk about giving a player a free pass then surely i'm in my right to point out why i dont think so. That Southampton game is key as well because it relates back to Madders 'lots of quality' chances. Kel had loads, and a draw there would have kept us up. Yet we all happily pile into Madders because of the Everton game. It wasnt just Southampton, there have been spells of missed chances (he went on a chipping spree the season before missing everytime).

Kel deserves to be on the same list as everyone else, and won't guarantee us anything next season.

Speak for yourself.

Iheanacho's performance at Southampton was shocking, but it wasn't gutless. He kept getting into the right positions but he just had a very, very bad night in front of goal. It can happen.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

yep

agree- worth well more to us if he gets us promoted and he would get 20 goals easily in championship - under £20m would be pathetic never mind 8m- I cannot believe for one second we would even consider it for less than 15

A lot will depend on what the manager has said in terms of how we intend to play.  I can see why you would build the team around Nacho or Vardy.   Both for different reasons are solutions only for the next season.

I’d risk losing him for free rather than take £8m.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Someone didn't watch the Southampton game did they?

20 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

And what about his effort against Leeds? Literally one leg to make that pass. I'm sorry, but that outdoes any negative from that Southampton game if you're talking about a point making a difference.

Nobody's sat here saying he's perfect but his numbers (when he was actually given a chance to play and his professionalism) mean that he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as some of those losers. As for Maddison, he made a rod for his own back with his comments but people criticising his contributions from last year are just as pathetic.

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, if the best we're getting for him now is 10m then probably yes to be quite honest. 

Although I suppose that depends on whether Enzo has plans to start him and whether his head is in the game. 

In my opinion, an "On It" Iheanacho is better than any other striker we're going to be able to sign for 10m and could well have a big role in firing us to a promotion that would well and truly be worth turning down 10m now. 

Besides, if he's willing to go to shit like Forest with a very real prospect of coming straight back down then if we're on course for an obvious automatic promotion in six months time he might agree to extend his contract if Enzo is making him feel valued anyway. 

Yeah, its tricky for the club either way, as I sure every person would love him to stay, ideally sign a new deal, and boss the league. There is just way more nuance in looking at his position and therefore the clubs, as it stands right at this moment.

Or maybe the club are convinced we can survive without the sale of Kel and he is willing to help get us back up and the club feel suitably confident it would happen without a new contract, then fair play to them.

I suppose technically we signed him on a 5 year deal and paid £25mill for him, so £5mill a year. And we're being offered £8mill, which means we've paid out £17mill for 4 years, so £4.25mill per season. And that's forgetting to dilute it down further with the extension....

Someone help me out with whatever I was getting at!

• Like 1