Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

27 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

And what about his effort against Leeds? Literally one leg to make that pass. I'm sorry, but that outdoes any negative from that Southampton game if you're talking about a point making a difference.

Nobody's sat here saying he's perfect but his numbers (when he was actually given a chance to play and his professionalism) mean that he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as some of those losers. As for Maddison, he made a rod for his own back with his comments but people criticising his contributions from last year are just as pathetic.

That was great against Leeds. Just none of this gives him a free pass! Signs a deal, then stay. Don't, then we take hat we can. Simple. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Speak for yourself.

Iheanacho's performance at Southampton was shocking, but it wasn't gutless. He kept getting into the right positions but he just had a very, very bad night in front of goal. It can happen.

This. There’s a difference between having a shocker of a game and being gutless. He’s probably scratching his own head after that wondering how those chances stayed out. Big difference between that and being gutless, swanning around the pitch looking uninterested!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, its tricky for the club either way, as I sure every person would love him to stay, ideally sign a new deal, and boss the league. There is just way more nuance in looking at his position and therefore the clubs, as it stands right at this moment.

Or maybe the club are convinced we can survive without the sale of Kel and he is willing to help get us back up and the club feel suitably confident it would happen without a new contract, then fair play to them.

If I had to make an educated guess, I would imagine that has agent has been touting his services around to a number of clubs to see if they can get him back in top flight football and that's why there's been a few rumours. 

I imagine it's an open secret for a few of the agents of our players that if we receive the right kind of offer we'd sell. I imagine half the squad is probably on that list as we look to make further reductions to the wage bill. 

But I'd be highly surprised if we're actively looking to sell Iheanacho or if there's actually concrete offers in atm. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Never buy a football club

Ha.

I just think that at some point we have to gamble on getting out of this league.  WE can try and offer nacho an extension and some wonga - if he doesn't want it then we risk his resale vale to try and get promoted - he seems the type of guy who will try for us.  If we get up he can stay or go. 

Just to say that I have empoyeed many people... and they were talented and always had other options.  I was always straight with them and some liked that and were loyal to me.  Others just did what suited them best.  I always went the extra mile for those who were loyal to me and even today I help them.  What goes around comes around.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

agree- worth well more to us if he gets us promoted and he would get 20 goals easily in championship - under £20m would be pathetic never mind 8m- I cannot believe for one second we would even consider it for less than 15

for me - I thibk he would try for us and is worth more on the pitch than in the bank

• Like 3

I have criticised Nacho heavily  but no thought of wanting or letting him go.

Again a player who was poorly handled,and selection tactics in games,under Rodgers very poor and to detriment to individual players..

• Like 2

Even if Kelechi stays we need a new striker. He is an impact player who scores goals out of nothing but has never been a prolific goal every two games man like Vardy at his peak. Barnes will almost certainly go now so we need a new man to compliment Daka and Iheanacho. My preference is for a big, powerful player with aerial threat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Even if Kelechi stays we need a new striker. He is an impact player who scores goals out of nothing but has never been a prolific goal every two games man like Vardy at his peak. Barnes will almost certainly go now so we need a new man to compliment Daka and Iheanacho. My preference is for a big, powerful player with aerial threat.

He's only ever been an 'impact player' because we've had Vardy who has started when fit since the 2014-15 season. With Vardy on the wane, Nacho is our most consistent attacking performer, and should fit in nicely with the new managers tactics.

• Like 4

Linking Nacho performance in the Soton away game and Madders comments like they’re in any way similar? Someone needs to give their head a wobble. 

Maddison could’ve saved us from the drop and he knew it at the time. At the time nacho missed sitters thinking “play like that and we’ll be just fine” slightly ironic don’t you think?

12 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Linking Nacho performance in the Soton away game and Madders comments like they’re in any way similar? Someone needs to give their head a wobble. 

Maddison could’ve saved us from the drop and he knew it at the time. At the time nacho missed sitters thinking “play like that and we’ll be just fine” slightly ironic don’t you think?

He will be gone , reason he wasn't a permanent fixture in the side so just get over it .

7 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

I cannot believe that people still don't rate Nacho, or consign his great goalscoring record basically every time Rodgers deigned to let him play to just fluke purple patches.

Can't fathom how you can have watched us for the last few years and not rate him - baffling.

The footballing knowledge on here is scary at times. Nacho and Daka will would absolutely demolish the Championship

• Like 4

11 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The issue is, Vardy was elite and potentially was m one of the greatest ever  Premier League strikers. Not many teams have had forwards that have been as lethal. 

• Like 2

It's kinda interesting that players need to be their own advocate too and run their career as a business. 

What I mean is, Soyuncu has managed to maintain his brand - regardless of stats or appearances - and ended up with a move to an elite CL team. 

Kels, seemingly, has no identity outside of Leicester at all. How on earth CL and EL level teams in Europe's top 4 leagues aren't enquiring at 8m I'll never know. Kels is EXACTLY the sort of striker you might see on a CL night lining up for AC Milan or,.say, Eintracht Frankfurt 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's kinda interesting that players need to be their own advocate too and run their career as a business. 

What I mean is, Soyuncu has managed to maintain his brand - regardless of stats or appearances - and ended up with a move to an elite CL team. 

Kels, seemingly, has no identity outside of Leicester at all. How on earth CL and EL level teams in Europe's top 4 leagues aren't enquiring at 8m I'll never know. Kels is EXACTLY the sort of striker you might see on a CL night lining up for AC Milan or,.say, Eintracht Frankfurt 

We’ll see what happens 

the lack of noise may reflect that his next move is agreed with a club and his people have told this to any clubs who have asked 

I think anyone who watches him for a couple of games knows that he’s inconsistent. just as likely to get an hour of absolutely no contribution to a game as an assist or a decent goal attempt. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We’ll see what happens 

the lack of noise may reflect that his next move is agreed with a club and his people have told this to any clubs who have asked 

I think anyone who watches him for a couple of games knows that he’s inconsistent. just as likely to get an hour of absolutely no contribution to a game as an assist or a decent goal attempt. 

Couldn’t agree more, there is no doubting how his ability to score/assist however in the same breath he can be just as likely to throw in a performance that looks like he has never set foot on a football pitch before in his life. Given his contract situation I think if we can get anywhere near £10m then it will be a fair price. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

I cannot believe that people still don't rate Nacho, or consign his great goalscoring record basically every time Rodgers deigned to let him play to just fluke purple patches.

Can't fathom how you can have watched us for the last few years and not rate him - baffling.

But then where is the long line of clubs willing to take him off our hands? I like Nacho and I do rate him a lot but I don’t know why there’s this consensus on here that he’s a 20 goal a season premier league striker or something like that. He’s wildly inconsistent, right down to his ability to control the ball, he’s either bergkamp or Ali Dia. I think there’s a reason a lot of people assume he’s staying with us this season and it’s because there’s not many clubs willing to have him. When he’s playing well he’s great to watch - he is so creative and can score all types of goals, but besides that one 6 month spell he’s never really carried it into more than a few consecutive games and at the top level that’s what really matters. 

• Like 1

I ****ing love Iheanacho, but as he's in the last year of his contract and is likely on big wages, we need to shift him if we can and mitigate our losses with a fee. Would hope we can do better than 8m though, you'd think 12m-15m would be fairer. 

• Like 1

There’s no way Iheanacho is anything but a top quality premier league striker. He’d destroy the Championship. God knows why he’s not coveted far more. I think he’s too quiet and nice. Honestly. I can’t believe anyone would think he wouldn’t score 20 Premier League goals a season if played consistently. 

1136F7F2-3FE0-4201-9C18-2CB7CF024FEC.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The footballing knowledge on here is scary at times. Nacho and Daka will would absolutely demolish the Championship

They would certainly out pace the big and strong hoofers in the championship. Keep the ball on the ground with through passes would scare the centre backs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

No less so than the utter contempt some treat the Championship with.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

There’s no way Iheanacho is anything but a top quality premier league striker. He’d destroy the Championship. God knows why he’s not coveted far more. I think he’s too quiet and nice. Honestly. I can’t believe anyone would think he wouldn’t score 20 Premier League goals a season if played consistently. 

1136F7F2-3FE0-4201-9C18-2CB7CF024FEC.jpeg

I think when people watch him week out there must be concerns around his concentration/ ability to be the main man.

He is such a strange one, would still like to keep him mind.

Our recent cup performances against Championship sides showed very little gulf in class at all. We are very unlikely to " destroy" anybody. We should be prepared for a hard battle and any attempt to play over pretty football will likely fail.

• Like 3