Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Our recent cup performances against Championship sides showed very little gulf in class at all. We are very unlikely to " destroy" anybody. We should be prepared for a hard battle and any attempt to play over pretty football will likely fail.

Not sure what you mean by 'over pretty football', but teams that play attractive, passing football (Norwich, Fulham, Bournemouth, Burnley) have all been promoted from the Championship in recent years. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

He needs to sign a new contract or go. I would prefer to keep him, he’d be a beast in this league, but to lose him for nothing cannot be allowed. 

Even if we lose him for nothing after he scores the goals to get us promoted?

If his heads in it and we don't get a half decent offer I'd be really tempted to keep. He'd score 20+ with no issue in my mind. Doesn't look the disruptive type for the squad either.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not sure what you mean by 'over pretty football', but teams that play attractive, passing football (Norwich, Fulham, Bournemouth, Burnley) have all been promoted from the Championship in recent years. 

There is incisive passing and pointless passing. We won the title with the former.

3 hours ago, indierich06 said:

I ****ing love Iheanacho, but as he's in the last year of his contract and is likely on big wages, we need to shift him if we can and mitigate our losses with a fee. Would hope we can do better than 8m though, you'd think 12m-15m would be fairer. 

You'd hope... but if nobody is willing to bid more than that, then you are a bit stuck aren't you. People seem to think (not you) that Rudkin can just make people bid more money! 

We're in a difficult spot, with him being in his last year. Play too much hard ball and you are stuck with an un motivated player for a year and you get nothing for him next summer. Where as £8m could buy you another asset who is motivated and could potentially increase in value.

• Like 3

All depends on Maresca, if Iheanacho doesn't make his first XI and there is every chance of that then selling your 26yo Championship squad player in the last year of his contract is good business.

I think a lot of people underestimate the Championship thinking certain players will look like men against boys. I'm happy to go with what the manager decides as far as Iheanacho goes and it looks like Forest and £8m have been plucked out of someone's arse rather than a genuine link.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can you guarantee that, or that he won't be totally unmotivated? Look at what happened last season with a squad full of players knowing they were on their way out of the club.

Hopefully any player who stays will see how YT, linked with Arsenal and Barcelona last sumner, has moved sideways from where he was at the beginning of his saga.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can you guarantee that, or that he won't be totally unmotivated? Look at what happened last season with a squad full of players knowing they were on their way out of the club.

I agree with you in principle but I’ve seen nothing from Iheanacho over the last few years that would suggest he’d down tools.

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's not really about downing tools, it's about not being at your maximum. I don't think Tielemen's downed tools, or Maddison or anyone else. But there is absolutely no way they were playing to their maximum, it doesn't even have to be intentional, it's a natural instinct to knowing your time is up. 

That's spot on but Iheanacho's situation is a bit different. Those guys knew they were getting a decent move at the end of the season. Kel might think a good season in the championship either means he gets a better deal elsewhere or gets him a new deal with us. Look at the teams he's linked with and it's hardly the most inspiring for him. He's got something to prove (which is ridiculous given his output when he actually plays) I think it will largely depend on how Maresca wants to use him. Should be building the team around him but if he doesn't get assurances that he's a key player, you can't expect him to perform at 100%

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's not really about downing tools, it's about not being at your maximum. I don't think Tielemen's downed tools, or Maddison or anyone else. But there is absolutely no way they were playing to their maximum, it doesn't even have to be intentional, it's a natural instinct to knowing your time is up. 

Yeah I agree. And ideally I’d rather him sign. And I can understand those saying if he doesn’t sign we should cash in. But for me, even a 95% Nacho would be worth keeping. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

You'd hope... but if nobody is willing to bid more than that, then you are a bit stuck aren't you. People seem to think (not you) that Rudkin can just make people bid more money! 

We're in a difficult spot, with him being in his last year. Play too much hard ball and you are stuck with an un motivated player for a year and you get nothing for him next summer. Where as £8m could buy you another asset who is motivated and could potentially increase in value.

Agreed, it's a tricky one. It's early days still though, let's see what happens. Tbh, £8m would be much more palatable if it wasn't coming from Forest 😷

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

they was playing under a manager who also wanted out ? 

I doubt he would be staying if he wasn't going to be motivated this manager won't allow that imo.

Edited by whoareyaaa