Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This was a massive contribution to our relegation in my eyes.

7 players out of contract, added too by Maddison what he’s big move and both Praet and Soumare wanting away.

10 members of a 25 man squad with a foot out of the door.

in elite sport you only have to be 1 or 2% off and you are found out.

Do we know that Soumare wants to leave?

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We had a offer for him.

Very rare now days for a club to make a offer without speaking to the player first

No thread or anything online about this.

Who offered and how much?

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

We had a offer for him.

Very rare now days for a club to make a offer without speaking to the player first

This is very wrong and happens way too often. It unsettles players and disrespects the Club who Owns his Contract. 

EUFA should step in and make a ruling that Players or Agents who do it will be banned for a period.

• Like 1

The reason Uefa don't do anything is because it's virtually impossible to police it. That's why agents are part of the game. They represent multiple clients so no club can ever say for sure who they're offering up. And let's be honest nobody gives a shit when it's working in your clubs interests.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

This is very wrong and happens way too often. It unsettles players and disrespects the Club who Owns his Contract. 

EUFA should step in and make a ruling that Players or Agents who do it will be banned for a period.

Happen 99% of the time.

how do you stop it in the modern era.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

This is the whole point, they don’t speak to the player, they are speaking to their agent, hence no rules are broken, at least that was my understanding

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

It happens on 99.999999% of transfers 

and clubs are quite happy about it because it means they don’t waste their time chasing players that don’t want to come to them 

It is very wrong, but I dont know how it could be fixed, and if clubs even want it fixed, no club wants it leaked they bid for a player then the player turns the move down like used to happen a lot.

If a club blacklisted any clubs that didnt speak to them first, they would end up blacklisting way too many clubs.

The only potential way would be if football authorities were required to be an intermediate in offers, and if a club reported a player's head turn without any request made through the proper channels, then the player would be banned from joining another club unless they revealed the contacting party in which case the contacting party would get a transfer ban instead.  But even then they could contact the agent and then pretend the official contact (providing the player could hide his interest in leaving) is the initial contact so it would still be abused.  So yeah impossible I think.

Edited by Chrysalis

The only ones it benefits is the big clubs and the Agents. I don't believe any club like it but partake in it because everyone else is doing it.

Agents do it to bump up their earnings with no thought for the Clubs.

As I said the only ones who can stop it is EUFA. and they should do more to prevent it in the best interests of the Clubs and game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Sadly I think we should sell with just one year left on his contract.

Agreed especially if it helps generate funds to reinvest in players. We cannot afford to repeat the mistakes of last season when we kept hold of players who had one eye on the exit door and as a result performance levels dropped off. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Here's the thing, given the option of:

- Kel signs a new contract, stays, and we go with Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho

or 

- We sell Kel, buy Piroe, and go with Vardy, Daka and Piroe

Which would people go for??

Given that he only has a year left on his contract, begrudgingly option two.

• Like 2