Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Here's the thing, given the option of:

- Kel signs a new contract, stays, and we go with Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho

or 

- We sell Kel, buy Piroe, and go with Vardy, Daka and Piroe

Which would people go for??

Nacho signing a new deal

But depends on the likelihood of that happening really when he can definitely get himself a Prem move now

Not saying he would be like this but if we keep him and he doesn’t sign a new deal there is every chance he gets himself a deal with a foreign club in January then we potentially have a player who already has eyes on his next club for half a season

The past season dealing with a lot of players with a foot half out the door has made me rather wary of keeping players around with just 1 year left

If he has shown no intention of signing a new deal now I would move him on and go for Piroe

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Here's the thing, given the option of:

- Kel signs a new contract, stays, and we go with Vardy, Daka and Iheanacho

or 

- We sell Kel, buy Piroe, and go with Vardy, Daka and Piroe

Which would people go for??

Whichever option give us players that want to be here and are up for the challenge. There is at least 6 or 7 premier league teams Iheanacho could go to and improve their squad so he is probably a cut above the championship. If he wants to play in it I think he would do really well but I am not sure he will be up for it. It's not like the Vardy situation where he is a club legend and has played in the lower leagues before.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nacho signing a new deal

But depends on the likelihood of that happening really when he can definitely get himself a Prem move now

Not saying he would be like this but if we keep him and he doesn’t sign a new deal there is every chance he gets himself a deal with a foreign club in January then we potentially have a player who already has eyes on his next club for half a season

The past season dealing with a lot of players with a foot half out the door has made me rather wary of keeping players around with just 1 year left

If he has shown no intention of signing a new deal now I would move him on and go for Piroe

I think we can take a risk or two with players out of contract next summer. 

What we can’t do, ever again, is take 7 risks while 7 more line up for 12 months later.

I’d build the attack around Nacho given the choice and let Daka go, possibly on loan.

But in Enzo I trust, already!

26 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Sadly I think we should sell with just one year left on his contract.

Yes seems like a pittance for such a talent but perhaps the time has come for him to move and hopefully flourish elsewhere.  I'd be happy if he signed a new contract but not likely to happen is it?

£10m-£15m is a seriously good deal for anyone to be honest.

I'd love to keep him but if he wants out then we shouldn't stand in his way.

Wouldn't have a problem spending the entire Iheanacho money on Piroe.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Why would you do any business with a club that broke FFp while you was 1 or 3 teams relegated while the premier league slept on punishing them.

110 Million to everton no less

Because business is business.

No value in cutting your nose off to spite your face, selling Iheanacho to whoever is neither here nor there, this isn't Barcelona selling Messi to Real Madrid in 2010. Just do the best deal for Leicester City.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

£10m-£15m is a seriously good deal for anyone to be honest.

I'd love to keep him but if he wants out then we shouldn't stand in his way.

Wouldn't have a problem spending the entire Iheanacho money on Piroe.

It's also a good deal for us, there is every chance Iheanacho is still deemed a squad player here. Selling a squad player for £10m+ as a Championship club with one year left on his contract is great business.

It’s very likely we have leaked the news of Evertons  interest, to try and  get a few more clubs bidding/ interested.

When the news breaks that a club are interested in a player, it’s not always that club the player is sold to…

Just now, Fox42 said:

In my eyes, that’s probably worse than Forest.

Depends. 

Do you want to see him leave or not? Forest might actually buy him. Everton likely to spend six weeks looking in the shop window dreaming of making a bid and then stand there crying as the window closes. 

They're in an absolute state. Can't see them actually really lumping up 10/15m for him tbh. 

31 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

As much I'd like to keep Iheanacho I think selling him and having Daka, Vardy and a more physical option (Piroe) I think gives a better balance of options. 

Please tell me you are taking the piss...

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m finding our striker situation odd at the minute, if Kel seems the most likely to leave then I am surprised they haven’t used Daka down the middle yet?

With time to calm down and reflect after initial irritation after the Northampton game, what others (spherical etc) pointed was fair, ultimately. They all need minutes. 

There's definitely a risk of over thinking it isn't there. Daka wasn't sent on at LW because that's the plan long term, he was sent on to get some match time in his legs. Same as Kel. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

With time to calm down and reflect after initial irritation after the Northampton game, what others (spherical etc) pointed was fair, ultimately. They all need minutes. 

There's definitely a risk of over thinking it isn't there. Daka wasn't sent on at LW because that's the plan long term, he was sent on to get some match time in his legs. Same as Kel. 

It's why we played Ndidi in a role to get him running about as well. The last 30 minutes of that game was a complete write off. Playing against trialists so may as well go out and run around. Get a feel for the ball but other than that it was all about getting minutes in legs.

• Like 2

There's also an element, and I know we don't 'owe' anyone anything... but... he's been incredibly loyal and not kicked up a single fuss about lack of gametime, and every time he's been called upon he's come back raring to go. 

Maybe he deserves another crack at the Prem next season?