Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

Just now, AjcW said:

There's also an element, and I know we don't 'owe' anyone anything... but... he's been incredibly loyal and not kicked up a single fuss about lack of gametime, and every time he's been called upon he's come back raring to go. 

Maybe he deserves another crack at the Prem next season?

He as much responsible for us being in this mess as anyone like the other 24 squad members he deserves to be in the championship.

Bloke get to much of a free pass on here.

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

He as much responsible for us being in this mess as anyone like the other 24 squad members he deserves to be in the championship.

Yeah but he played a pass while injured. 

#truehero

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

5 goals 5 assists in 1120 minutes last season deserves to be in the championship lol

• Like 1

As said in the other thread, though, if we sell him only to sign Piroe I'll be not far off apoplectic. Basically just immediately spuffing the money on what might be a downgrade that we don't need. 

Buy a fvcking winger or two. 

Edited by Finnegan

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As said in the other thread, though, if we sell him only to sign Piroe I'll be not far off apoplectic. Basically just immediately spuffing the money on what might be a downgrade that we don't need. 

Buy a fvcking winger or two. 

We will need another striker though if Nacho leaves

I highly doubt Enzo is going to always want us to play with a striker on the shoulder like Daka and Vardy

Be plenty of other money to use from other players leaving to get wingers

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

will need another striker though if Nacho leaves

I'd dispute the use of the word "need." Having different types of striker at the club to give you options is a want, not a need. And for all the questions about Haaland fitting in at Man City because he likes to get in behind, think he did just fine. As did Vardy playing possession based football for Rodgers in 19/20.

I can't say I'm overly concerned about our striking options. 

They're much better than our wide ones. 

Also think this is extremely optimistic:

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

plenty of other money to use from other players leaving to get wingers

At the end of the day, you prioritise where you have the greatest need and our greatest need right now is out wide. We need an absolute minimum of two decent wingers, probably more realistically 3, ideally even 4.

If there's "plenty of money later", THEN you sign another striker as an option. As I said earlier, let's get our Plan A sorted before we start budgeting for Plan B. 

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Scored 5 out of the 12 striker goal contributions last season. Simply imperative that we buy if he goes. 

I think our team, tactically, is going to be set up so differently and in such a different competition that I'm not sure this really works. 

The bottom line is we have 3 centre forwards and we're only going to play 1 at a time, leaving us ultimately needing 2 in the squad as a healthy minimum. 

Unless you think any of our 3 can't cut it at this level, which would be an extreme view in my opinion, we could afford to sell any one of the three and not replace them directly. 

With Barnes going, we literally don't have any wingers good enough. There's a much greater need elsewhere at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think our team, tactically, is going to be set up so differently and in such a different competition that I'm not sure this really works. 

The bottom line is we have 3 centre forwards and we're only going to play 1 at a time, leaving us ultimately needing 2 in the squad as a healthy minimum. 

Unless you think any of our 3 can't cut it at this level, which would be an extreme view in my opinion, we could afford to sell any one of the three and not replace them directly. 

With Barnes going, we literally don't have any wingers good enough. There's a much greater need elsewhere at the moment. 

I think it's also weighted by how one feels about our options up top. I simply don't think what we have is good enough taking into account volume of games, Vardy's age etc. It pretty much all rests on whether Maresca can get a tune out of Daka, which I'll admit worries me. 

40 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

5 goals 5 assists in 1120 minutes last season deserves to be in the championship lol

50% of which came in 2 games (2 goals and 3 assists) Spurs & Villa.

Let’s forget the hat trick of chances at Southampton.

He’s a decent player in patches, but that’s not good enough, which is reflected in the clubs interested in his services even at a bargain price. 

Daka got 4 goals and 4 assists in 1179 minutes, does he deserve to be in the PL too? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Don’t get the negativity around Nacho. We played him once consistently and he scored and assisted a shed load. People honestly thinking Piroe would be an upgrade 🤣.  You just have to play Nacho and he will bag an absolute bucket full in this league. No pleasing some people. 

The big question though is what would we rather have this time next year:

A. Iheanacho who is out of contract and leaving on a free

B. Piroe or a similar level striker with 2-3 years still on contract. 

I think Iheanacho is great, and a player that has been misused heavily over his time at the club, but if he's not planning on signing a new contract, then it's time for him to leave.

It's not a matter of viewing alternatives as better options, it's a matter of not letting us be in the Tielemans situation again simply because we're sentimental about a good player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's worse than that, unless we are counting Dev squad players, or out of position players, we don't even have enough for both sides of the pitch! You know it's gotten bad when you can actually drop the s from wingers because we literally only have 1 lol

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

It's worse than that, unless we are counting Dev squad players, or out of position players, we don't even have enough for both sides of the pitch! You know it's gotten bad when you can actually drop the s from wingers because we literally only have 1 lol

At an absolute stretch you could play Albrighton on the left and Praet on the right I suppose?

I think that would be enough to give @Mark a stroke. In fact, I'm expecting a warning for even suggesting it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Verumex said:

The big question though is what would we rather have this time next year:

A. Iheanacho who is out of contract and leaving on a free

B. Piroe or a similar level striker with 2-3 years still on contract. 

I think Iheanacho is great, and a player that has been misused heavily over his time at the club, but if he's not planning on signing a new contract, then it's time for him to leave.

It's not a matter of viewing alternatives as better options, it's a matter of not letting us be in the Tielemans situation again simply because we're sentimental about a good player.

It’s a stretch to suggest Piroe is similar level to Nacho. No evidence of that at all. 

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

50% of which came in 2 games (2 goals and 3 assists) Spurs & Villa.

Let’s forget the hat trick of chances at Southampton.

He’s a decent player in patches, but that’s not good enough, which is reflected in the clubs interested in his services even at a bargain price. 

Daka got 4 goals and 4 assists in 1179 minutes, does he deserve to be in the PL too? 

Tbf none of the attacking players were specifically to blame for relegation.

It was more fact we couldn't defend for shit. That and Rodgers persisted in playing Vardy who is done. 

Our attacking play when we weren't tarting around at the back was largely mediocre! 

Just a few less shit goals conceded and we were safe by a mile. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

30 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Tbf none of the attacking players were specifically to blame for relegation.

It was more fact we couldn't defend for shit. That and Rodgers persisted in playing Vardy who is done. 

Our attacking play when we weren't tarting around at the back was largely mediocre! 

Just a few less shit goals conceded and we were safe by a mile. 

One pathetic penalty or pony back pass and we were safe too from JM10. We've not created enough chances consistently for 2 years, we just scored in patches. I certainly think theres a myth our attacking prowess hasn't declined when it did.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s a stretch to suggest Piroe is similar level to Nacho. No evidence of that at all. 

I didn't say he was. I said that option B was for Piroe or a striker at a similar level to Piroe.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One pathetic penalty or pony back pass and we were safe too from JM10. We've not created enough chances consistently for 2 years, we just scored in patches. I certainly think theres a myth our attacking prowess hasn't declined when it did.

It did, but I feel that was more a confidence thing combined with Rodgers 'style'. Obviously Vardys decline was a big thing, it always was going to be an issue to replace one if the best strikers in the World, we sadly never will get close to him. 

The sort of situation where you could score 2 or 3 away from home and still get smashed because the defending/goalkeeping was so atrocious.

Really the squad we had, even playing at 50% should have never been relegated or anywhere near relegation. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

£12m for Nacho, but it needs to all be up front. The buyer can send it straight to Swansea’s account. Bank transfer is fine. We’ll add an extra £3m in (sort of) achievable add-ons for Piroe. Everybody’s happy.

Rudkin’s job is easy!

But yeah…We can’t be losing and more saleable assets on a free - Need to start offering them around.