Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

On 04/02/2024 at 08:57, grobyfox1990 said:

It can’t be Monday as that’s international week. Surely too big a game for Sunday midday? I’m booking travel assuming it being a Friday night ko. 

It could be any one of Friday night, Saturday or Sunday lunch time. 

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agree in theory . Problem is they’ll all get smashed by the bigger teams and you won’t get a chance of seeing a smaller team sh1t house their way to a 5th round by playing port vale, Mansfield at home etc. Just give these teams the cup money. If PL clubs can pay 3rd choice keepers £50k a week we can shame them into funding the ‘lifeblood’ of the game surely 

Problem is the rich six don't rely much on the lifeblood of the game in this country so probably don't care all that much, they certainly don't care about the rest of the PL

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

It could be any one of Friday night, Saturday or Sunday lunch time. 

Arsenal v Chelsea 12.30 on the Saturday, Fulham v Spurs 17.30. Plus there will be fa cup QF matches. It won't be Saturday, and feels like too big a game to stick on a Sunday at 12.00. It has to be Friday night but who knows with Sky

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

Problem is the rich six don't rely much on the lifeblood of the game in this country so probably don't care all that much, they certainly don't care about the rest of the PL

But they do care about playing extra games. Scrap replays, they are totally pointless, in return you pay for the privilege by funding smaller clubs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Arsenal v Chelsea 12.30 on the Saturday, Fulham v Spurs 17.30. Plus there will be fa cup QF matches. It won't be Saturday, and feels like too big a game to stick on a Sunday at 12.00. It has to be Friday night but who knows with Sky

Arsenal Chelsea will be on TNT though won’t it. None of the FA Cup matches will be broadcast on sky either. I vaguely see your point, but don’t 100% rule out the Saturday slot. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Arsenal Chelsea will be on TNT though won’t it. None of the FA Cup matches will be broadcast on sky either. I vaguely see your point, but don’t 100% rule out the Saturday slot. 

Good point. I guess Sky won't mind competing with Ars v Chels and a QF on other channels.

10 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

At the moment Chelsea are still in the F A Cup, so if that continues then their game at Arsenal will be postponed

Soton home KO will be announced before Chelsea are confirmed to be in/out of the cup QF. I think they will plan our fixture on the proviso that ars v chels goes ahead.

The beauty of cup draws is that they aren't meant to be perfect. I've said in the past I could tolerate a situation where you got rid of replays between teams in the same league but at the same time as well, if you get that and it suits neither side - so be it. They aren't meant to work out as you hoped.

8 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Soton home KO will be announced before Chelsea are confirmed to be in/out of the cup QF. I think they will plan our fixture on the proviso that ars v chels goes ahead.

To be fair, we could know as early as tomorrow. Quite fancy Chelsea to get knocked out. 

• Like 1

Any ideas on what's likely to happen with the Bristol City and Norwich games? Bristol City is already an early kick off and Norwich is on a bank holiday Monday. As they're so close together as it is presumably not much scope to move them. Could do with Norwich staying where it is.

43 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Any ideas on what's likely to happen with the Bristol City and Norwich games? Bristol City is already an early kick off and Norwich is on a bank holiday Monday. As they're so close together as it is presumably not much scope to move them. Could do with Norwich staying where it is.

they'll undoubtedly stay on those days, potential for KO time to shift for TV though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

they'll undoubtedly stay on those days, potential for KO time to shift for TV though

Thanks - as TV isn't announced for that period yet presume Bristol City has been moved for security or logistical reasons so unlikely they'll move it back to 3pm. Suppose there's a fair chance Norwich could be moved to an early or late kick off though.

53 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think when TV companies move games to wanky times like 12 or 8 on boxing day they should pay the fans transport and ticket costs, its small fry for them.

Only way to make this happen is to apply pressure to them in a co-ordinated way, which no one can be arsed to do in this day and age. I'm still wrangling with them over my travel costs for Blackburn away, which was moved from Friday night to Sunday midday with very little notice meaning I missed the match

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Thanks - as TV isn't announced for that period yet presume Bristol City has been moved for security or logistical reasons so unlikely they'll move it back to 3pm. Suppose there's a fair chance Norwich could be moved to an early or late kick off though.

Bristol C away has been listed as half 12 for months now, still unsure why

19 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Bristol C away has been listed as half 12 for months now, still unsure why

Ashton Gate is hosting the England v Wales game in the Women's Six Nations on Saturday March 30th, KO 4.45pm, where a crowd of over 1,000 is expected!

This has probably goy something to do with it.

Good news.  I think we're in luck with Hull City away staying Saturday 3pm KO  (9th March)

It looks like the TV games have all been announced as:

Fri 8th March 2024 20:00    Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds United    Sky Sports Football
Sat 9th March 2024 12:30    Cardiff City v Ipswich Town         Sky Sports Football
Sun 10th March 2024 12:00   Huddersfield Town v West Brom       Sky Sports Football

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Good news.  I think we're in luck with Hull City away staying Saturday 3pm KO  (9th March)

It looks like the TV games have all been announced as:

Fri 8th March 2024 20:00    Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds United    Sky Sports Football
Sat 9th March 2024 12:30    Cardiff City v Ipswich Town         Sky Sports Football
Sun 10th March 2024 12:00   Huddersfield Town v West Brom       Sky Sports Football

They love giving Sheff Wed a Friday night game.

On 04/02/2024 at 13:55, lcfcfoz said:

Tricky one, Southampton will lose to Liverpool more than likely. But I think we have half a chance v bournemouth, who play man city late on Saturday before our game. We play Leeds the Friday before so extra days rest. And they have burnely after us so could matter more to them pending results leading up to that game

Bournemouth this season are not unlike us of old,a decent mid table side,but have

tendencies to slip down now and again,or find form to dabble with top 9-6th.

This game is open,simply because it’s an all round don’t know..

We don’t know what Bournemouth will have on the night

We surely don’t know our player,squad system hights capabilities we can reach..

& its neither defining whether we are good enough for PL or just a decent championship side. It’s a simple one off game,where a win either side gives confidence to that winning side, Though if we lose,we won’t shy or cry away from

championship earnt ambitions.

• Like 1