Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

If anyone subscribes to sky,.they can't really complain at the Boxing day time change. Bin it off. 

I despise their coverage, ever since Keys and Gray left (which says probs more a out me than sky tbf)  Won't even watch sky on the firestick- I look.for the PL feed instead.  

. Same (less) money easy buys subscription to every game going Inc 3pm.kick offs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

If anyone subscribes to sky,.they can't really complain at the Boxing day time change. Bin it off. 

I despise their coverage, ever since Keys and Gray left (which says probs more a out me than sky tbf)  Won't even watch sky on the firestick- I look.for the PL feed instead.  

. Same (less) money easy buys subscription to every game going Inc 3pm.kick offs

Really wish it was that simple to just boycott sky and everything  would  be sorted, but let's look at it as a business and not a fan. Let's take the boxing day game as one example. Someone has bought the rights to show that game ( yes it probably sky)  but you could watch that game live in most countries.  Those other tv companies are not sending cameras or commentators to the game.  Sky? Will buy the rights for let's say £3m and then sell on to other tv companies for £1m each  so msking a profit.  If no one ever watched  sky that  would  still make it worth their while. Unless the whole world boycotts nothing will change. It really is shit  but while the market is there it will continue. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Still find it incredible people still subscribe and pay their hard earned money to these clowns. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This will be the 6th time we've played Ipswich on Boxing Day (5 of them coming in the last 22 years). They must be the club we've played most on Boxing Day (or perhaps Liverpool who I think we've played a fair few times on BD). The first occasion was in 1961 - which was our first ever game against Ipswich, and the first of just a handful of occasions when Sir Alf Ramsey managed a side against us. Anyway, I feel like this would make for of those splendid @kushiro articles.

Didn't we play Bournemouth 3 years in a row ? Seemed like it anyway. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

I went to those, the 0-1 defeats I'm convinced most of the team were still p1ssed from Christmas day drinking. 

I was there, good old days of being happy drunk, on and off the pitch.  I sat in in the south stand upper tier, totally pissed, i dont remember in those days fooking worrying about stewards.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Trying to work out what best to book off for the Ipswich home game currently 20th Jan. Guessing it’ll be moved. Likelihood of it staying on a weekend, or do people think more likely Friday or Monday nights. Only got three requests for that period left and want to try and use them as best as possible!

Sky love us on a Friday night so wouldn't surprise me if we're moved to that 8pm slot. 

It's the PL split during that weekend (and the one before) so Sky may opt to use that Friday slot and maybe other weekend slots for EFL games. 

On 19/07/2023 at 08:17, Fitbaphile said:

From EFL website https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/upcoming-tv-games/:

Match dates Announced by date
12-19 August 8 July
26 August - 20 September 21 July
23 September - 7 October 18 August
21 October - 11 November 15 September
25 November - 13 December 21 October
16 December - 1 January 10 November
13 January - 3 February 8 December
10 - 24 February  5 January
2 - 6 March 2 February
9 March 9 February
16 March 16 February
29 March - 1 April (Easter) 1 March
6 - 10 April 8 March
13 April 15 March
20 April 28 March
27 April 5 April
4 May 29 April
N.B. These dates are illustrative and subject to change"

Posting this again as took me a while to find it! 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sky love us on a Friday night so wouldn't surprise me if we're moved to that 8pm slot. 

It's the PL split during that weekend (and the one before) so Sky may opt to use that Friday slot and maybe other weekend slots for EFL games. 

This was what I was thinking. Might just have to chance it and try to book the Friday Saturday and Sunday off. Fell foul of it with the Leeds game and ended up working the Friday where it got moved to!

• 2 weeks later...

Might already be common knowledge but the sheff weds game is apparently on the red button on sky tonight

I have nowtv so not entirely sure it shows on that, any guesses?

***Just seen in the match day thread it may appear 30 mins before KO on nowtv

Edited by blurryface

47 minutes ago, blurryface said:

Might already be common knowledge but the sheff weds game is apparently on the red button on sky tonight

I have nowtv so not entirely sure it shows on that, any guesses?

***Just seen in the match day thread it may appear 30 mins before KO on nowtv

I think the Preston match was on the Sky red button and from memory it showed up on Sky on the football home page about 15 minutes before kickoff. It was listed among the ‘extras’ with all the other Championship games.