Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Did you really think 1st vs 2nd was going to be left as a 3pm kick off on Saturday? No chance.

Nope, but Friday night perhaps. Or Saturday early. Could live with both. 

No other Monday games in Jan - apart from 1st Jan which is Bank Holiday. 

Why Monday? What on earth possesses those fvckwits to put it up as a Monday game? 

Genuinely feel for Ipswich fans too. 

11 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Nope, but Friday night perhaps. Or Saturday early. Could live with both. 

No other Monday games in Jan - apart from 1st Jan which is Bank Holiday. 

Why Monday? What on earth possesses those fvckwits to put it up as a Monday game? 

Genuinely feel for Ipswich fans too. 

Friday night or Monday night, what's the difference?

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

image.jpeg.8c6453789df54524271f452e81b56503.jpeg

Agree it was always likely to be moved but Monday night…👎

I’m going to have resort to asking my towns branch of the Ipswich fan club if I can get a lift on their minibus….could be the longest couple of hours of my life on the journey home if they win!

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Monday night is a work night if you do a Monday-Friday job and a school night. Means some parents won't take their kids because it's too late and they've got school in the morning, or depending on where you live and work, having to take Monday and Tuesday off/half days rather than just Friday. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

For me, huge difference. As I suspect for many others too.

Work on Tuesday morning. Need to get kids to school on Tuesday morning. 

One of the biggest games of the season and you have to make it "fit in". Rather than just enjoy the occasion, have a few beers etc. 

• Like 1

Plenty of matches are played midweek, so it's nothing that unusual. Of course Sky are going to want to put this on tv and I'm glad they do because that means we are doing well! It will suit some people and not others, but that's just to be expected.

That Ipswich game is a shocker.

Had a mate at work who's an Ipswich fan who had said to his young lad at the start of the season that he'd take him to his first away game this season. He asked him to pick which game he'd like to go to and he said Leicester. Poor kid has had a torrid year as his mum was very poorly for most of it and would have been really looking forward to it, but that fixture change will have ended any hope he has as there's no way his dad's dragging him all the way up here from Ipswich on a school night.

Whoever does the scheduling at Sky is a complete moron. Absolutely no consideration whatsoever for the match going away fans. Too busy trying to appease their army of armchair supporters paying a pittance (on a game by game basis and by comparison to the match going fan) who only tune in because there's no PL footy on. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lionator said:

I’m sure Ipswich fans will be delighted at that. Both games messed around to appease sky. I wonder if we could arrange something with them to protest?

We couldn't muster up a protest to get rid of our charlatan of a manager last season, so what makes you think we'd be capable of a joint protest with fans of another team? lol

We couldn't punch our way out of a wet paper bag, apart from the old dear who didn't want to be without visibility under the tifo! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently according to the link, the end of February games including the away trip to Leeds should be announced by 5th January.. 

I can’t imagine for one second this will remain Saturday 3pm slot, but which day? Might have to book Friday Saturday Sunday off work then cancel the days it ain’t.. 

18 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

So apparently according to the link, the end of February games including the away trip to Leeds should be announced by 5th January.. 

I can’t imagine for one second this will remain Saturday 3pm slot, but which day? Might have to book Friday Saturday Sunday off work then cancel the days it ain’t.. 

that’s what I planned for Ipswich home, then it got moved to Monday… sky have a PL game on Friday and Monday of that weekend. Saturday 12.30 looks most likely as Arsenal play at 8pm on the day due to CL involvement in the week