Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

Sounds crazy but the best situation for the club if we was to lose a striker it would be Jamie Vardy to leave and then sign Piroe.

Vardy will not play every game or even close to many games, high risk of Injury. Extremely high wages that would benefit the club with him leaving.

It's shit to think about but he has nothing left to prove at Leicester and will always be a legend but take away personal feelings towards him for the sake of the clubs finances he would be the most logical striker to leave

Edited by Fox85
  • Like 3

I don’t think we need piroe if we keep all 3 strikers. 

Surely, all 3 of ours strikers are capable of contributing 10-15 goals each this season? 

I like this guy and he would be a great signing but I’d rather we spend the money on a supply line for the 3 strikers we have if they’re sticking around..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I don’t think we need piroe if we keep all 3 strikers. 

Surely, all 3 of ours strikers are capable of contributing 10-15 goals each this season? 

I like this guy and he would be a great signing but I’d rather we spend the money on a supply line for the 3 strikers we have if they’re sticking around..

I initially had no problem with the Piroe rumours, figuring he was capable of both replacing Iheanacho and also doing the Perez / Maddison narrow right side thing for an overlapping wing back. Decent options. 

Having seen how we're likely to line up, however, I'll now be pretty annoyed if we do target Piroe unless we're getting good money for all of Daka, Barnes and Nacho which seems unlikely. 

We are desperately going to need proper actual wide players on both the right and left to make this formation work. And I hope we do, it looks like a really exciting attacking line up.

But it has no need for conventional wing/full backs of which we have 5 and only needs one central striker of which we have 3 whilst needing probably 3 or 4 quality wingers of which we have (without Barnes) literally 0 currently. 

We need to get a wiggle on quite frankly and fvcking about with a central striker while Vardy, Daka and Nacho will all "do" (even if you think Piroe is an upgrade) would be pretty poor resource management. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

I initially had no problem with the Piroe rumours, figuring he was capable of both replacing Iheanacho and also doing the Perez / Maddison narrow right side thing for an overlapping wing back. Decent options. 

Having seen how we're likely to line up, however, I'll now be pretty annoyed if we do target Piroe unless we're getting good money for all of Daka, Barnes and Nacho which seems unlikely. 

We are desperately going to need proper actual wide players on both the right and left to make this formation work. And I hope we do, it looks like a really exciting attacking line up.

But it has no need for conventional wing/full backs of which we have 5 and only needs one central striker of which we have 3 whilst needing probably 3 or 4 quality wingers of which we have (without Barnes) literally 0 currently. 

We need to get a wiggle on quite frankly. 

Couldn’t agree more. The lack of links to wingers really concerns me..

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

We need to get a wiggle on quite frankly. 

I was about to write exactly the same. Piroe makes little sense unless we have a buyer for Iheanacho or at least 1 of our strikers. 

We really ought to focus on the areas of the pitch we are criminally weak and under resourced in (attacking midfield)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was about to write exactly the same. Piroe makes little sense unless we have a buyer for Iheanacho or at least 1 of our strikers. 

We really ought to focus on the areas of the pitch we are criminally weak and under resourced in (attacking midfield)

Even if we have a buyer for Nacho, I would reinvest that money in an actual winger. 

For me, good squad management starts with "two players for every position." Working under the assumption that Daka has only been playing LW to get him fitness in preseason and looking at the fact he's had zero credible rumours away I think it's safe to say Vardy is first choice and Daka will probably be second choice ST this year. 

That's strikers sorted. We don't need Piroe but we desperately need multiple wingers and probably another CM if the manager doesn't want Soumare. 

And I know we've needed wingers but "made do" over the last few years but this is completely different. The tactics are now completely different. Rodgers system could have used wingers yes but Maresca's relies on them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we’re looking into the loan market for attacking midfield, a lot of these premier league clubs will want a close look at lads like Diallo, Rak-Sakyi, Archer… I think that’s the delay in this area as they’ll be going abroad with their clubs.

If Nacho leaves it then depends on what kind of striker Enzo is going to prefer to use on whether we go for Piroe I feel

Striker on the shoulder like Vardy or Daka or a striker like Piroe who will drop deeper and get involved in our forward and build up

If we are a lot more likely to come up against teams who are going to sit deep against us in a low block which I think we will I think I would personally prefer Piroe for that

Need to see what potentially happens with Iheanacho first anyway

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even if we have a buyer for Nacho, I would reinvest that money in an actual winger. 

For me, good squad management starts with "two players for every position." Working under the assumption that Daka has only been playing LW to get him fitness in preseason and looking at the fact he's had zero credible rumours away I think it's safe to say Vardy is first choice and Daka will probably be second choice ST this year. 

That's strikers sorted. We don't need Piroe but we desperately need multiple wingers and probably another CM if the manager doesn't want Soumare. 

And I know we've needed wingers but "made do" over the last few years but this is completely different. The tactics are now completely different. Rodgers system could have used wingers yes but Maresca's relies on them. 

I think if we are to be successful this year with the intensity of this formation, 2 players in each position is vital.

Wingers look like the main issue at the club. I don't know if the club is waiting on Barnes but surely we need another winger in any case.

I'd be concerned if Iheanacho left and would want Piroe in if that is likely and perhaps get him at the same time. There are a lot more games in the championship and I don't think I would want to rely on Vardy and Daka alone.

Just now, moore_94 said:

If Nacho leaves it then depends on what kind of striker Enzo is going to prefer to use on whether we go for Piroe I feel

Striker on the shoulder like Vardy or Daka or a striker like Piroe who will drop deeper and get involved in our forward and build up

If we are a lot more likely to come up against teams who are going to sit deep against us in a low block which I think we will I think I would personally prefer Piroe for that

Need to see what potentially happens with Iheanacho first anyway

I think that’s what Enzo wants is that flexibility and option to change it depending on the team we are playing against.

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think that’s what Enzo wants is that flexibility and option to change it depending on the team we are playing against.

Sure but we need to flesh out plan A before we start working on B

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Yeah I think it is rather unlikely that if Nacho does go that we don’t sign another striker

If it isn’t Piroe then I think we would go for someone else of that style

• Like 2