Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Piroe has now consistently scored 20 plus goals in championship twice in a row, Nacho as much as we think he'll produce that, he might not and walk for free next season. Move him on and invest in Piroe if we can 

Cheers Baldrick. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i cant see many clubs going near £20mil for him tbf

Yup. Final year of deal and already confirmed he won't sign a new contract with Swansea. The reported fee I've seen mostly is £15m. 

Our issue I don't think is the fee (Barnes money expected) but the fact we're competing against the chance of playing in the premier league and more than likely a higher wage. So I'd say we further down the pecking order for that reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

Yup. Final year of deal and already confirmed he won't sign a new contract with Swansea. The reported fee I've seen mostly is £15m. 

Our issue I don't think is the fee (Barnes money expected) but the fact we're competing against the chance of playing in the premier league and more than likely a higher wage. So I'd say we further down the pecking order for that reason. 

all depends on the player, Atalanta are meant to be interested too, since Utd are bidding for Hojlund

could easily be a bidding war for him

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Dahnsouff asked for a stats dump. Happy to oblige but this probably wasn't what he was after.

Quite interesting looking at the creative, passing stats for Piroe. There seems to be a perception that he's a more creative, almost sort of number 10 style forward and that he's quite alike Iheanacho. Was surprised by how much that doesn't match up with the reality. 

All stats here are per 90 minutes from the last two years. 

So if you look at Piroe vs our strikers, in particular Iheanacho, and focus on passing at its absolutely most basic, higher level then there's eerie similarity. Piroe and Iheanacho attempt 20.2 and 19.2 passes each per 90 with a completion of 80.4% and 75.6% respectively. This compares exactly as you'd imagine it would with Daka (13.8, 69.5%) and Vardy (7.89,  60.8%) who we know are obviously much different "types" of striker. 

Piroe (53.5) progresses the ball about as many yards per 90 as Iheanacho (51.5) - again, Daka (29.5) and Vardy (22.5) are a much different kettle of fish. 

And the passes have a very similar profile with Piroe and Iheanacho both playing exactly 12.3 short passes per 90 on the whole with completion rates around 80%.

Where they begin to differ drastically however is in actual product. Now, whilst Piroe clearly doesn't have finishers like Barnes, Maddison and Vardy around him, he's also not spent the last two years sliding towards relegation in a higher league. 

Piroe managed 0.1 assists per 90 over the last two years. At the same time, Vardy contributed 0.15, Daka 0.27 and Iheanacho an impressive 0.38.

Piroe managed less (0.76) key passes (passes that lead to a shot) than all three of JV (0.79), PD (1.15) and KI (1.47) he also makes less passes in to the final third, less passes in to the box and less progressive passes per 90 minutes on average than Iheanacho. 

Overall he makes less (2.21) shot creating actions (crosses, passes, drawn fouls, take ons etc) per 90 than both Daka (2.22) and Iheanacho (3.12) and less goal creating actions (0.31) than all of them with Vards at 0.32, Iheanacho at 0.53 and everyone's favourite statistical aberration Patson Daka making 0.61 goal creating actions per 90 minutes of game time. 

He has, however, scored more goals per 90 than any of our forwards over the last two years (perhaps not completely surprising given our respective teams and levels) and has done a better job of outperforming his xG than any of them too. Quite considerably. He favours shots from the edge of the box, as does Nacho, and takes more shots per 90 minutes than any of our strikers do. 

So no, Piroe isn't any type of midfielder, he wouldn't be playing on the right, he's not a CAM or anything else. He's absolutely, 100% a full on goal scorer. 

And as an aside, if we do lose Iheanacho we should be more worried about replacing his creative output than his finishing (which can be a bit wayward.)

Big fan of this, great work! 👏

Doubt they can afford to let him go on a free next year. 

Whoever does want him will be biding their time as surely Swansea will blink first. 

Although I thought the same about Gyorekes and he went for £20m so I definitely know nothing.

Given Holland are not in the AFCON we really do need to look at this chap.   Otherwise we could be left with just Vardy  come January.  So I guess Adams may not be on our agenda after all?

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Given Holland are not in the AFCON we really do need to look at this chap.   Otherwise we could be left with just Vardy  come January.  So I guess Adams may not be on our agenda after all?

Adams has no senior caps and Nigeria have Osimhen, Iheanacho, Sadiq and Awoniyi all miles and miles ahead of him. 

On 19/07/2023 at 12:55, Finnegan said:

@Dahnsouff asked for a stats dump. Happy to oblige but this probably wasn't what he was after.

STATS!

Thanks for the effort - it's interesting to see at a core level him and nacho play a similar game, the areas where they differ could, though, be for various reasons - it could be that they are actually very different players, it could be that, as you say, they have different players around thme, and were playing in differently performing teams at different levels.  It's also worth noting that the longer nacho played the lower his return seemed to be, so we've not really got any concrete comparison of how nacho would do (worse/better/same) if he was playing every week.

One thing we've been told about Enzo, though, is that he has an inclination to use players in different ways to how they are used to being used, so i wouldn't rule out Piroe playing in one of the wider roles - especially as enzo seems to like to flood the box - certainly at least until we find vardy has finally run out of juice.

On 19/07/2023 at 12:55, Finnegan said:

So no, Piroe isn't any type of midfielder, he wouldn't be playing on the right, he's not a CAM or anything else. He's absolutely, 100% a full on goal scorer. 

But, as your stats support, a very different type of striker to Daka and Vardy, whilst being a sort of mutant version of nacho?

8 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

But, as your stats support, a very different type of striker to Daka and Vardy, whilst being a sort of mutant version of nacho?

Piroe and Iheanacho could work well together. Piroe is more direct , Iheanacho links well.