Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Have there been any decent links between us and him in the past fortnight?  Seems like a redundant thread to me ????

Percy named him alongside Winks and Coady right at the start as players we had a strong interest in. 

In fairness, he did also say Steffen 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have there been any decent links between us and him in the past fortnight?  Seems like a redundant thread to me ????

Percy/McGrath mentioned him in their Casadei article on Saturday 15th

“There is interest in Swansea forward Joel Piroe but also competition for his signature.”

• Thanks 1

He's got a year left on his contract and has said he doesn't want to extend his stay. 

Read that Swansea want at least 20m and Leeds are keen to sign him as he fits their kind of player, don't know if we are just as keen as Leeds. 

Whichever club he goes to Swansea are going to make a huge profit for a player they signed for only £1m.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Adams has no senior caps and Nigeria have Osimhen, Iheanacho, Sadiq and Awoniyi all miles and miles ahead of him. 

Hopefully…..

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He definitely isn't. 

It was the best example I had of somebody who doesn’t shoot very often but overperforms their xG excluding long shots. The point is finishing skill isn’t that valuable, surprisingly. Getting in a position to shoot often is more valuable.

It’s why Vardy is a relatively unique player, he’s scored lots of goals in relatively few 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

We attempted more cutbacks in that Northampton game than virtually the entirety of last season as well. When we have a couple of wide forwards we'll start sticking them on a plate.

I noticed this as well. It was almost too easy, so perhaps that showed the level of Northampton, more so than our success at doing it. 

Certainly a good sign that we are able to create that space though with passing and movement, despite the level of opposition 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I noticed this as well. It was almost too easy, so perhaps that showed the level of Northampton, more so than our success at doing it. 

Certainly a good sign that we are able to create that space though with passing and movement, despite the level of opposition 

...it is down to the movement and process we are adopting!!!

Ndidi on the right did ok, found space and timed his runs to perfection. This is a player we do not trust with the ball at his feet and yet he looked good going forward. Imagine a player who is made for that position, who holds on to the ball a little bit longer and can pick out an onrushing attacker.

Borges is said to be going to West Ham, but he does that supply so well on the left and plays for the team.

45 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We attempted more cutbacks in that Northampton game than virtually the entirety of last season as well. When we have a couple of wide forwards we'll start sticking them on a plate.

This. 

Vardy has lost quite a bit of pace (still fast) and is more prone to injury. But he was a spectator feeding of next to nothing, always looking isolated. Our brain box of a manager could fathom what to do. 

Give him better chances and he'll score, as long as he stays fit of course. 

On 21/07/2023 at 21:08, DezFox said:

A lot of talk about Piroe to Leeds? 

Not really, just that he would cost 15m and Leeds, Leicester and Everton are interested. I think there will be movement now the price has been put out there, clearly Swansea trying to get the interest now they have his replacement. He has already said he won't sign a new deal. 

Edited by Fox 4 Life

15 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if they want £15mil for him, we should just going in with like £12mil with add ons

think we need to be quick with the deal tho but we are never quick

Just as we have to sell players at a championship discount, we have to purchase them with the same ‘restrictions’

If we are actually serious about him the. we will be trying to convince the player to come here (also via agent payments etc etc) 

Then we can screw down the price because there is no competition for him 

Seems to be very interlinked between us, Everton and Atalanta.

Atalanta who have been linked with Piroe look likely to sign El Bilal Toure. He's also been linked with Everton, who will then turn to either Piroe or Kelechi. If they go for Kelechi I think we go in for Piroe. If they go for Piroe then Kelechi stays here.

Either way, I think we go into the season with excellent striker options for the Championship. 

51 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Seems to be very interlinked between us, Everton and Atalanta.

Atalanta who have been linked with Piroe look likely to sign El Bilal Toure. He's also been linked with Everton, who will then turn to either Piroe or Kelechi. If they go for Kelechi I think we go in for Piroe. If they go for Piroe then Kelechi stays here.

Either way, I think we go into the season with excellent striker options for the Championship. 

This is very true. The problem of course is we have zero creativity to give them chances 😕