Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

7 hours ago, LVFox said:

Seems to be very interlinked between us, Everton and Atalanta.

Atalanta who have been linked with Piroe look likely to sign El Bilal Toure. He's also been linked with Everton, who will then turn to either Piroe or Kelechi. If they go for Kelechi I think we go in for Piroe. If they go for Piroe then Kelechi stays here.

Either way, I think we go into the season with excellent striker options for the Championship. 

we were originally linked with him when congerton was here. wouldn’t be the first time he was working off of a list he had for us 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

we were originally linked with him when congerton was here. wouldn’t be the first time he was working off of a list he had for us 

<insert hopefully that means he signs Vestergard joke here> 

I think the winner to piroe will be the most likely to go up. 

makes a signing worth more if the alternative of you not getting him is one of your rivals does.

i could accept a prem team getting him but to lose to one of those and have to watch nacho leave on deadline day is going to hit hard 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2023 at 13:08, Staff said:

This is very true. The problem of course is we have zero creativity to give them chances 😕 

Zero is a bit harsh - remember this isn't the champions league.  I'm sure there are more natural wingers out there, or more experienced, better players for those positions - but as it stands, on their day, kdh, praet, castagne and albrighton have all been adequately creative at a higher level than this.  And we've not really seen what Marcal and McAteer are capable of at first team level.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

KDH, Praet, Castagne and Albrighton.

Stand back whilst I create fire with my hand and cock.

Whatever, funny man - there's no need to be an arrogant snob about players - who on earth are you expecting to see us sign that has more experience than these players? - between them they have 26 goals and 51 assists for this club.  As i said, maybe we can do better, i'd love it if we did, but it will most likely be only if we find some undiscovered gem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, LestaLad said:

We’re actually included in this article, says all 3 of us are racing to sign him. 

Awful source I know, but he was the first to report about Mavididi to us..

And I found another article somewhere that says Leeds are not in for him. 

I think we'll have to sell one of our strikers before we can think of signing him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We are not going to bring in a striker unless one of Nacho or Daka leaves.

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I don’t think we’re after him. I’ve heard Kalechi wants to stay. 

If he does thats brilliant, and hope its part of a new deal. Wanting to stay but staying with 1 year remaining shouldn't be considered a good option.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, LestaLad said:

We’re actually included in this article, says all 3 of us are racing to sign him. 

Awful source I know, but he was the first to report about Mavididi to us..

Surely they could have used a better picture. He looks drunk! 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think we’re after him. I’ve heard Kalechi wants to stay. 

Great news if true, they should get him to sign an extension to his contract, even if it means we offer him a get out if we don’t get promoted, at least we’d get a decent fee.

Guillan Balague said on radio Leicester that a few players had expressed a desire to stay when Enzo was appointed.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Whatever, funny man - there's no need to be an arrogant snob about players - who on earth are you expecting to see us sign that has more experience than these players? - between them they have 26 goals and 51 assists for this club.  As i said, maybe we can do better, i'd love it if we did, but it will most likely be only if we find some undiscovered gem. 

History won't help us score next season, how many of those goals and assists were from last season?

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

History won't help us score next season, how many of those goals and assists were from last season?

I refuse to compare any future performances with performances from last season - none of our players performed at a level close to what they are capable, furthermore, this season will be against less able teams - so it's a relatively meaningless exercise.

Anyway, the point was that the OP said we had 'zero' creativity in the midfield, which, statistically speaking, is guff.

Of course, there's no guarantee that, if these players play, they will produce goals and assists, but equally, history suggests they are certainly capable of doing so.

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I refuse to compare any future performances with performances from last season - none of our players performed at a level close to what they are capable, furthermore, this season will be against less able teams - so it's a relatively meaningless exercise.

Anyway, the point was that the OP said we had 'zero' creativity in the midfield, which, statistically speaking, is guff.

Of course, there's no guarantee that, if these players play, they will produce goals and assists, but equally, history suggests they are certainly capable of doing so.

The only of them who has ever been a reliable creator for us is now some way past his best and was less than impressive in his loan spell last season against these less able teams. If those are the players we're hoping are going to provide a creative spark then I am deeply concerned.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guest said:

The only of them who has ever been a reliable creator for us is now some way past his best and was less than impressive in his loan spell last season against these less able teams. If those are the players we're hoping are going to provide a creative spark then I am deeply concerned.

Sure, never said it was ideal - and there's a very real chance Praet and castagne won't even be with us by the end of september - but I'm just tired of people totally slating the squad we have, so i'm trying to show that, even worst case scenario, we do actually have a passable, if not brilliant team - and that even, on their day, they could be enough.  But sure i'd hope to see some fresh faces, some more naturally creative players brought in.

Let's face it, if we can set up a tap in for Wilf, we must be doing something right!

57 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Sure, never said it was ideal - and there's a very real chance Praet and castagne won't even be with us by the end of september - but I'm just tired of people totally slating the squad we have, so i'm trying to show that, even worst case scenario, we do actually have a passable, if not brilliant team - and that even, on their day, they could be enough.  But sure i'd hope to see some fresh faces, some more naturally creative players brought in.

Let's face it, if we can set up a tap in for Wilf, we must be doing something right!

Some people aren't slating the squad just pointing out that we've lost 3 of the 4 top goal-scoring and creating players from last season.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

Some people aren't slating the squad just pointing out that we've lost 3 of the 4 top goal-scoring and creating players from last season.

And if the window was shut or our intentions were to not recruit further, I think almost to a person, everyone would share your dismay, but neither is yet true

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

And if the window was shut or our intentions were to not recruit further, I think almost to a person, everyone would share your dismay, but neither is yet true

What you have said is correct, however, there is only a week to go before we start and every game and point might be essential to us this season. Surely we are allowed to express our concerns on a forum?

Just now, messerschmitt said:

What you have said is correct, however, there is only a week to go before we start and every game and point might be essential to us this season. Surely we are allowed to express our concerns on a forum?

Of course, not trying to assuage anyone’s concern as clearly I cannot from my position of utter ignorance, merest offering a slight cause to not yet despair. As much as I would always love is to complete our business as early as possible, when have ever been so proactive? Another point of disappointment, especially for the rebuild and Maresca.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course, not trying to assuage anyone’s concern as clearly I cannot from my position of utter ignorance, merest offering a slight cause to not yet despair. As much as I would always love is to complete our business as early as possible, when have ever been so proactive? Another point of disappointment, especially for the rebuild and Maresca.

I've got a few levels to pass through before I get to despair lol.

• Like 1