Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Some people aren't slating the squad just pointing out that we've lost 3 of the 4 top goal-scoring and creating players from last season.

Saying we have zero creative ability is not saying that at all, it's saying that we have a midfield of danny simpsons.  I get we're reduced in creativity, i get that we need some new blood, some more naturally created players - but the way people are talking about the players we are left with is disrespectful and simply inaccurate.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

What you have said is correct, however, there is only a week to go before we start and every game and point might be essential to us this season. Surely we are allowed to express our concerns on a forum?

Sure - express concerns but manic hyperbole is not a functional way to do it.  And if posters do chose to make up ridiculous accusations then, by the same token, we are allowed to challenge this - seeing as it's a forum , an' all.

Guest glasgowfox
19 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Saying we have zero creative ability is not saying that at all, it's saying that we have a midfield of danny simpsons.  I get we're reduced in creativity, i get that we need some new blood, some more naturally created players - but the way people are talking about the players we are left with is disrespectful and simply inaccurate.   

be careful mate i think you could get a warning from admin for being positive......not sure if its allowed in here sometimes :clap: 

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I refuse to compare any future performances with performances from last season - none of our players performed at a level close to what they are capable, furthermore, this season will be against less able teams - so it's a relatively meaningless exercise.

Anyway, the point was that the OP said we had 'zero' creativity in the midfield, which, statistically speaking, is guff.

Of course, there's no guarantee that, if these players play, they will produce goals and assists, but equally, history suggests they are certainly capable of doing so.

Show me the history that the 4 names you have mentioned continuously, plus Marcal and Mcateer are creative enough to get us out of this division. The only person speaking guff is you

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Since you would like to take every word extremely literally in order to argue, let’s focus on your desire to bring in “new blood” and “naturally created players”? 

How would bringing in a few bags of donated type AB- and some new borns conceived exclusively via consensual bareback in the missionary position help our midfield full of Danny Simpsons? 

55 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I haven't said we have zero creativity.

30 minutes ago, Staff said:

Show me the history that the 4 names you have mentioned continuously, plus Marcal and Mcateer are creative enough to get us out of this division. The only person speaking guff is you

Why do you need to have a breakdown of the stats, historically - it's a simple point: these players can be creative!

The only reference to Marcal and McAteer i made whas that we don't know what they are capable of!  In the same way that when barnes and kdh had a season in the EFL we didn't know what they were capable of - there's nothing radical or shocking about this - we simply don't know, but again, going back to the original point, we can't say for certain that they will provide 'zero' creativity.

2 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

What you have said is correct, however, there is only a week to go before we start and every game and point might be essential to us this season. Surely we are allowed to express our concerns on a forum?

56 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Sure - express concerns but manic hyperbole is not a functional way to do it.  And if posters do chose to make up ridiculous accusations then, by the same token, we are allowed to challenge this - seeing as it's a forum , an' all.

What part of my statement is "manic Hyperbolel"

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Since you would like to take every word extremely literally in order to argue, let’s focus on your desire to bring in “new blood” and “naturally created players”? 

How would bringing in a few bags of donated type AB- and some new borns conceived exclusively via consensual bareback in the missionary position help our midfield full of Danny Simpsons? 

I took one word literally, because your point was entirely constructed around it.  If you'd said 'little creativity', or 'inadequate creativity' or even 'an unknown level of creativity' there wouldn't have been an issue - but you made this grand statement that we have 'zero creativity' - that's quite an accusation to make, and shows little understanding or respect for the current squad.

I'm not being pedantic or looking for an argument, but if you make sweeping generalisations like this in a forum, you're going to get pulled up on it.  

6 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I haven't said we have zero creativity.

No, the original poster to whom i originally implied said it. :doh:

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

Why do you need to have a breakdown of the stats, historically - it's a simple point: these players can be creative!

The only reference to Marcal and McAteer i made whas that we don't know what they are capable of!  In the same way that when barnes and kdh had a season in the EFL we didn't know what they were capable of - there's nothing radical or shocking about this - we simply don't know, but again, going back to the original point, we can't say for certain that they will provide 'zero' creativity.

Mcateer has been out on loan, and showed nothing in that spell. You said that I'm talking guff, that this isn't champions league etc. You show me when these players have performed at this level at a level worthy of promotion. Not a single one of them have they? And not one of them in our recent history have shown that they have the ability to do so either. They are getting older, and they aren't getting better. This group of players relegated us. We need reinforcements, we need creativity. If you can't see that you need to get your head out of the sand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Staff said:

Mcateer has been out on loan, and showed nothing in that spell. You said that I'm talking guff, that this isn't champions league etc. You show me when these players have performed at this level at a level worthy of promotion. Not a single one of them have they? And not one of them in our recent history have shown that they have the ability to do so either. They are getting older, and they aren't getting better. This group of players relegated us. We need reinforcements, we need creativity. If you can't see that you need to get your head out of the sand. 

I didn't say you were talking guff, i said the OP was talking guff - referring to the notion that we have 'zero creativity'.

Jesus, what is wrong with you guys - my issue was with foxeswalk's OP!

I've made my point. I'm not going to be drawn into any more of this mess....

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

You quoted my post and used the phrase "manic Hyperbole"

I quoted your post which said:

Surely we are allowed to express our concerns on a forum?

To which i replied, 

Sure - express concerns but manic hyperbole is not a functional way to do it.

Because the original comment referred to us having 'zero creativity' which i considered to be manic hyperbole, given that it is a statement of an absolute extreme - thus the point i made to you was (i'll rephrase it for you):

"Yes we are allowed to express our concerns on a forum, but if we chose to use sweeping statements (like 'zero creativity') it diminishes our point given that it is extreme hyperbole and clearly not true; it would seem that a better way to to express concern is rationally and reasonably, for example "i'm a bit concerned that we don't have enough creativity"." Which is true, and without controversy.

Yes?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

I didn't say you were talking guff, i said the OP was talking guff - referring to the notion that we have 'zero creativity'.

Jesus, what is wrong with you guys - my issue was with foxeswalk's OP!

I've made my point. I'm not going to be drawn into any more of this mess....

Then don't quote people, and then criticise them for what somebody else has written, simple.

2 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

lol

• Thanks 1