Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

15 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

after today i think he'd be ideal

just give them 15mil

...this system that we have adopted just does not suit Vardy's game!!!

He is playing with his back to goal,  where his strengths are facing the other way or playing on the half turn. Daka was brought in to play the same as Vardy, and we are putting him in various positions but he will succumb to the same problem.  It is not about age, it is about the style of play and the ability to supply constantly the type of balls that both these players thrive on.

If we continue to play this way, the inevitable would be Daka leaving and the elongated phasing out of Vardy (which no one wants to see).

• Like 2

Maresca doesn't seem to me as someone who is nostalgic or emotional, he has a job to do and is here to do that so I'm pretty sure that once he watches the game back he will realise that Vardy was totally ineffectual and likely Daka will be too in the same system. Nacho has to start and one of either Daka or Vardy need to be moved on (likely Daka). Then if Nacho also leaves we could see a couple of strikers coming in late in the window, one I'm sure would be Piroe as clubs like Swansea can't afford to lose £10-£15m on a player by him leaving on a free. I also think we could do with a Chris Wood type striker (but not him) for when we really need to roll our sleeves up in games, perhaps that's Piroe...

Edited by kingpower

I understand the links to him now that I’ve watched us yesterday. Vardy and Daka aren’t going to get loads of chances most games this season. 

Piroe and Iheanacho would be perfect as options, with Vards as a plan B. Sadly that means shipping Daka out but I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I understand the links to him now that I’ve watched us yesterday. Vardy and Daka aren’t going to get loads of chances most games this season. 

Piroe and Iheanacho would be perfect as options, with Vards as a plan B. Sadly that means shipping Daka out but I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Agree with your concept completely but surely you get rid of Vards on that basis (tear trickles down my face) 

from a business point of view, he will be on higher wages than Daka and if we are serious about being promoted you have to plan for that and say that next season we will need a striker that will play on the shoulder a lot more. Vards won’t be here next season due to contract situation and if we were to be promoted we’d then have to go out and spend 20-30 million on a striker that plays on the shoulder. Be a a bad decision to get rid of Daka when Kel and Vardy only have 1 years left on there contracts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Agree with your concept completely but surely you get rid of Vards on that basis (tear trickles down my face) 

from a business point of view, he will be on higher wages than Daka and if we are serious about being promoted you have to plan for that and say that next season we will need a striker that will play on the shoulder a lot more. Vards won’t be here next season due to contract situation and if we were to be promoted we’d then have to go out and spend 20-30 million on a striker that plays on the shoulder. Be a a bad decision to get rid of Daka when Kel and Vardy only have 1 years left on there contracts 

Very true and your rationale is sound, but the issue I have is I don’t think Vards would have any takers that would match his massive wages for this season. Not to mention the fact that (and I know emotion shouldn’t come in to it, but Vards is a genuine legend) I don’t want us to push Vards out. He deserves better than that! 

Maybe loaning Patson out is an option? Depends on our finances really and if we need to raise the funds to sign Piroe through selling players still at the club.

10 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Very true and your rationale is sound, but the issue I have is I don’t think Vards would have any takers that would match his massive wages for this season. Not to mention the fact that (and I know emotion shouldn’t come in to it, but Vards is a genuine legend) I don’t want us to push Vards out. He deserves better than that! 

Maybe loaning Patson out is an option? Depends on our finances really and if we need to raise the funds to sign Piroe through selling players still at the club.

I think you’re right in terms of nobody wanting Vards and I think that’s the issue. Because Dakas wages are comfortably less in the course of a year than what it would cost to buy a new striker next season. But again it’s a gamble on getting promoted. 

I think loaning Daka out is probably the sensible option as you state but then you run the risk of not giving him championship minutes to develop in the English game or him playing regular football somewhere in a nicer city and going hang on, I think I want to leave Leicester. 

By the looks of it, we should raise some liquid from Somoure and Timmy so we should be ok with funds coming in. The hit isn’t actually on Daka, it’s on Vardy. We can’t shift him even if we wanted to and his input to outlet is completely unjustified in terms of business (obviously I love the guy and if there’s anybody I’m happy to do that for it’s him if I look at it on an emotional level) but that’s the reason he has no takers. 

whoever offered him the extra year has made a horrible, horrible decision for the club from a financial perspective. Liverpool did the same with Gerrard, when it was clear to see he was passed that level and shouldn’t be playing. That cost them the league that year as well.

i’ll give you one guess who was the manager of Liverpool at the time…..

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

...he will probably end up in the Premier League for Palace or a recently promoted club!!!

1 hour ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

...why would we be looking for a player that plays off the shoulder in the Premier League, when our style of player does not lend itself to that!!!

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why would we be looking for a player that plays off the shoulder in the Premier League, when our style of player does not lend itself to that!!!

Because we've seen, first hand, what having no plan B looks like.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

whoever offered him the extra year has made a horrible, horrible decision for the club from a financial perspective. Liverpool did the same with Gerrard, when it was clear to see he was passed that level and shouldn’t be playing. That cost them the league that year as well.

i’ll give you one guess who was the manager of Liverpool at the time…..

...you just cannot blame that one moment, being the reason why they lost the league!!!

Try looking at the game after that, they played against Palace with 11 minutes to go and  3 - 1 up, only to draw the match. They finished 2 points behind Man. City. It could not have been Gerrard's extended contract, that cost them the league, he would have contributed to them being in their position throughout the season.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you just cannot blame that one moment, being the reason why they lost the league!!!

Try looking at the game after that, they played against Palace with 11 minutes to go and  3 - 1 up, only to draw the match. They finished 2 points behind Man. City. It could not have been Gerrard's extended contract, that cost them the league, he would have contributed to them being in their position throughout the season.

Understand your point but I hadn’t mentioned Gerrard’s slip as I’m assuming you mean by that one moment? 

One of my best mates is a Liverpool fan (don’t ask me why I like him) and I watched them with him a lot that season. I would say to him every match he was a liability for them. That whole season he was a yard off the pace. I base my comment on the season not him slipping at that game against Chelsea because as you stated, that evening they chucked the lead away against palace was probably more defining than the Chelsea game. 

• Like 1

This position will become critical to us as we do not have anyone here that completely fits the bill ..  and it will cost us if we are looking to bounce back ...  so if the right player is out there, we need to dust off the chequebook and get it sorted. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

We're not going to be buying Piroe for £15m when a striker like Daka can't even get a go off the bench.

But that’s because daka can only play one role. Enzo even tested him to see if the wing would work (we all know it can’t)

With Piroe you also get someone that you can use on the wings. Which is essential as if mavididi or the new rw get an injury then we are back to using youth. 

Vardy won’t play every game so it’s really important we have a decent 3rd striker option.  we also need the ability to switch to 2 strikers if things don’t go as planned. 

It all hinges on someone leaving but the club would be in a much stronger place if we had him instead of just about any of our striker options tbqh 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

But that’s because daka can only play one role. Enzo even tested him to see if the wing would work (we all know it can’t)

With Piroe you also get someone that you can use on the wings. Which is essential as if mavididi or the new rw get an injury then we are back to using youth. 

Vardy won’t play every game so it’s really important we have a decent 3rd striker option.  we also need the ability to switch to 2 strikers if things don’t go as planned. 

It all hinges on someone leaving but the club would be in a much stronger place if we had him instead of just about any of our striker options tbqh 

If we have that sort of money to spend (we don't) then it'll go on attacking midfielders and wingers.

I'd love to have Piroe here but we don't have a bottomless pit of money and Vardy/Iheanacho/Daka is ridiculously stacked for this level. If Iheanacho goes then I could see us begin to look for a striker but right now there are simply much larger fires that need putting out.

If we had £15m to spend i'd much, much rather it went to Coventry to buy Hamer.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If we have that sort of money to spend (we don't) then it'll go on attacking midfielders and wingers.

I'd love to have Piroe here but we don't have a bottomless pit of money and Vardy/Iheanacho/Daka is ridiculously stacked for this level. If Iheanacho goes then I could see us begin to look for a striker but right now there are simply much larger fires that need putting out.

If we had £15m to spend i'd much, much rather it went to Coventry to buy Hamer.

oh we absolutely don’t… but it would depend on receiving a fee for either nacho or daka. I think if we could get 10 for either we could afford the rest. 

I think hamer will cost around the same so again if the options are casadei and piroe or  hamer and daka…. i think i’d prefer the first option personally. 

Im sure we won’t get either though 

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

oh we absolutely don’t… but it would depend on receiving a fee for either nacho or daka. I think if we could get 10 for either we could afford the rest. 

I think hamer will cost around the same so again if the options are casadei and piroe or  hamer and daka…. i think i’d prefer the first option personally. 

Im sure we won’t get either though 

The chances of Cov selling us Hamer are vanishingly small.

It’s a tough one regarding what profile of 9 we want up top. The threat of our 9 running i behind pins the oppositions CB’s. We nearly scored in the first half when KDH couldn’t play in a free Mavididi. Their defence was too focused on Vardy in behind that Mavididi was just left free. They then dropped a man onto Mavididi because of this and we then dominated the midfield. City do this with Haaland very well. It’s why nacho gets left out I think as he lacks the threat in behind even though he’s better in pretty much every other way. Not sure if Piroe offers a threat in behind but I hope he does, never seen him. 

3 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

It’s a tough one regarding what profile of 9 we want up top. The threat of our 9 running i behind pins the oppositions CB’s. We nearly scored in the first half when KDH couldn’t play in a free Mavididi. Their defence was too focused on Vardy in behind that Mavididi was just left free. They then dropped a man onto Mavididi because of this and we then dominated the midfield. City do this with Haaland very well. It’s why nacho gets left out I think as he lacks the threat in behind even though he’s better in pretty much every other way. Not sure if Piroe offers a threat in behind but I hope he does, never seen him. 

You're right but Vardy kept receiving the ball with his back to play because of this and Nacho would have been much better in this situation. I think it's more to do with Nacho more than likely heading off in August and Maresca not wanting us to become to used to playing with players who aren't staying. That said, he should have come on about 20 minutes earlier. Vardy was never going to affect the game with them being so wary of the runs in behind. 

• Like 1

Feel that we do need to have a striker who can run in behind for when we need to play more direct and stretch games but I'd be inclined to use Vardy for this purpose, sell Daka, keep Nacho and get a target man/ focal point type in (a la Luca Toni or Alvaro Morata) 

27 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You're right but Vardy kept receiving the ball with his back to play because of this and Nacho would have been much better in this situation. I think it's more to do with Nacho more than likely heading off in August and Maresca not wanting us to become to used to playing with players who aren't staying. That said, he should have come on about 20 minutes earlier. Vardy was never going to affect the game with them being so wary of the runs in behind. 

Yeah I agree, Vardy hasn’t been able to get into games for a while and is ineffective.  The same happened to Haaland yesterday though, hardly any touches and subbed on 63. But he’s there as he occupies the defence and creates space for others. Plus he scores 40+.. 

As you say, Nahco came on, dropped in well, linked the play and we looked great. Id also rather us start Nacho but I do really think pace in behind and a willing runner is key in this formation. Maybe the plan is that Rak-Sakyi and Mavidi stretch it and make the space for Pireo in the middle. Who knows. 

7 hours ago, kingpower said:

Maresca doesn't seem to me as someone who is nostalgic or emotional, he has a job to do and is here to do that so I'm pretty sure that once he watches the game back he will realise that Vardy was totally ineffectual and likely Daka will be too in the same system. Nacho has to start and one of either Daka or Vardy need to be moved on (likely Daka). Then if Nacho also leaves we could see a couple of strikers coming in late in the window, one I'm sure would be Piroe as clubs like Swansea can't afford to lose £10-£15m on a player by him leaving on a free. I also think we could do with a Chris Wood type striker (but not him) for when we really need to roll our sleeves up in games, perhaps that's Piroe...

I thought Piroe was staying at Swansea as he wanted a free transfer to Italy next season. Has this changed?