Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I thought Piroe was staying at Swansea as he wanted a free transfer to Italy next season. Has this changed?

well Atalanta have singed 2 strikers now, and that was the only italian team linked with him from what I remember

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this system that we have adopted just does not suit Vardy's game!!!

He is playing with his back to goal,  where his strengths are facing the other way or playing on the half turn. Daka was brought in to play the same as Vardy, and we are putting him in various positions but he will succumb to the same problem.  It is not about age, it is about the style of play and the ability to supply constantly the type of balls that both these players thrive on.

If we continue to play this way, the inevitable would be Daka leaving and the elongated phasing out of Vardy (which no one wants to see).

Yes the way we are playing its crazy nacho didn't start hes so much more suited to it and we looked so much better when he was on 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I thought Piroe was staying at Swansea as he wanted a free transfer to Italy next season. Has this changed?

He might want a free transfer to Italy but I’m not sure his club will if they can get decent money for him this window. No idea if we are are actually going to seal a deal tho, I guess it’ll depend on outgoings 

1 minute ago, kingpower said:

He might want a free transfer to Italy but I’m not sure his club will if they can get decent money for him this window. No idea if we are are actually going to seal a deal tho, I guess it’ll depend on outgoings 

They can't force him to leave.

I was at Swansea V Northampton. We need to get him. I know people will say it's only Northampton but he scored more goals in 60 mins than we did in an entire game against northampton

Edited by Andy W

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

going by LCFC Leaks on twitter we've ended interest in Piroe, can sort of understand it given Swansea are asking £15mil for him and hes got less than a year left on his deal

suspect Archer might be the one, well i hope he is

i think buendia might have just killed the chances of it. Likely to hang around now to challenge zainolo and coutiniho for a support role 

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf i dont think he will, theyve got a number of players ahead of him dont forget

i had a glance at their forum, supposedly only PC can currently play on the left. So archer becomes a possibility as last year PC shat the bed 

4 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

With what LL says about Nacho, I wouldn't be surprised if all the Piroe speculation ramps up again. Its all gone very quiet about him - links with us and everyone else have dried up - but the window fast approaches!

personally feel like we wont go for him, given Swansea want least £15mil and i cant imagine the club feel its worth the money given hes got less than a year left on his deal

16 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

personally feel like we wont go for him, given Swansea want least £15mil and i cant imagine the club feel its worth the money given hes got less than a year left on his deal

They aren't getting 15m from anyone with a year left on his contract.

I think someone gets him for cheaper then that. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

They aren't getting 15m from anyone with a year left on his contract.

I think someone gets him for cheaper then that. 

cov got nearly £20mil for VG, who went sporting

but even then the player might want to go on a free next year

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

cov got nearly £20mil for VG, who went sporting

but even then the player might want to go on a free next year

They got roughly 17m (20m euros)

There just seems a less interest in Piroe. You need interest to drive the price up. 

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Gyokeres got 33 G+A last season, Piroe got 21 G+A. Completely different level of player.

true but the top brass at swansea wont see it that way

dont get me wrong,would love to see him here and i think he'd be perfect upfront for us, but atm i cant see it happening

23 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

true but the top brass at swansea wont see it that way

dont get me wrong,would love to see him here and i think he'd be perfect upfront for us, but atm i cant see it happening

No chance unless we sell Daka and Castange for good money.