Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

The idea that Enzo May walk seems daft to me, you can do that if your past record is good, his is not and walking away from a job on top of that won’t look good 😊 n his cv.

Some of you really need to calm down and perhaps look at your post history, many of you have repeated the same point dozens of times over every thread going. You must have a list of stock phrases you just lazily copy and paste.

He is unbeaten in the championship, at a club that’s a basket case 

if he keeps that up and continues to looks like the real deal then don’t be Surprised if a desperate club (Everton) come and sign him 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maresca will walk before the seasons out IMO. 

I do fear his time here is short. 50/50 he gets fed up with the DoF and takes a walk, or a “big” club sees the MacGyver act he’s pulling off with the bubble gum and tin foil roster here and snatches him up. 

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Are you the club accountant?

clClub is well know. For playing their cards close to their chest yet you seem to know everything that’s going on, or claim to.

Believe what you want to believe 👍👍👍 it’s a view and opinion; maybe I knew something, maybe not, I’m comfortable either way buddy, thanks for the reply 👌

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnFoxUS said:

I do fear his time here is short. 50/50 he gets fed up with the DoF and takes a walk, or a “big” club sees the MacGyver act he’s pulling off with the bubble gum and tin foil roster here and snatches him up. 

Everton  could fall into that bracket ?? 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maresca will walk before the seasons out IMO. 

This is my concern too. Coming from one of the best-run clubs in the world, he must be wondering what the **** he's let himself in for.

The fact we haven't managed to flog a single piece of deadwood (I'm not including Hirst), even for a knockdown price is farcical. The likes of Castagne, Daka, Vestergaard, Thomas, Praet, Ndidi....there aren't even any serious links. Incompetent.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

The idea that Enzo May walk seems daft to me, you can do that if your past record is good, his is not and walking away from a job on top of that won’t look good 😊 n his cv.

Some of you really need to calm down and perhaps look at your post history, many of you have repeated the same point dozens of times over every thread going. You must have a list of stock phrases you just lazily copy and paste.

Agreed, he'd be silly to walk. I can understand his frustration but it's not like he's stuck with a squad full of donkeys (one or two exceptions aside). We're 4 wins out of 4 to start a season for the first time in the club's history (albeit not convincingly) yet anyone reading FoxesTalk would think we are in total crisis. Maresca just needs to get on with it and get the most out of what he has at his disposal, which as it stands is better than almost all of the rest of the division.

23 minutes ago, sylofox said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣some of the comments and some of you make me laugh. Everything's Rudkins fault 🤣🤣

So he runs finances and budgets now?

Hes not picked the players, but does the deals.

Hes told what his budget is for said player. So he signs them.

No hes not great at his job and I won't defend that. But really the blames put on him like he's the only one running the club.

Ffs grow up, stop being play ground bullies. It's not all his fault. Blame the finance director blame Susan and Top.

It really is not all Rudkins fault, but like I said play ground bullies pick on the easy target.

You talk about Rudkin like he owns the club. He's employed and has constraints so if they are wrong it's not his fault.

If your kids were being treated like you treat him you would be in uproar.

Fecking grow up.

I hope his dad doesn’t DM me 🤣 will probably fax me anyway. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

if he keeps that up and continues to looks like the real deal then don’t be Surprised if a desperate club (Everton) come and sign him 

Basket case seems a tad strong, the first 11,  if not the strongest is one of the strongest in the division 

14 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Swapping one basket case for another may not appeal as much as you think.

If Everton are looking for a new manager at that point they are bang I  trouble.

Edited by coolhandfox

27 minutes ago, sylofox said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣some of the comments and some of you make me laugh. Everything's Rudkins fault 🤣🤣

No hes not great at his job and I won't defend that. But really the blames put on him like he's the only one running the club.

Ffs grow up, stop being play ground bullies. It's not all his fault. Blame the finance director blame Susan and Top.

It really is not all Rudkins fault, but like I said play ground bullies pick on the easy target.

You talk about Rudkin like he owns the club. He's employed and has constraints so if they are wrong it's not his fault.

Fecking grow up.

Out of interest, how would you view a reasonable measurement of performance for a Director of Football like Jon Rudkin?

If the wages and transfer fees are set by another department and if the incomings and outgoings are decided by other departments, is the DOF just a fluffer who has no KPIs that they ought to meet?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Swapping one basket case for another may not appeal as much as you think.

If Everton are looking for a new manager at that point they are bang I  trouble.

One will pay him 5m a year plus and offer him progression 

the other can’t get rid of players fit for the knackers yard 

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Agreed, he'd be silly to walk. I can understand his frustration but it's not like he's stuck with a squad full of donkeys (one or two exceptions aside). We're 4 wins out of 4 to start a season for the first time in the club's history (albeit not convincingly) yet anyone reading FoxesTalk would think we are in total crisis. Maresca just needs to get on with it and get the most out of what he has at his disposal, which as it stands is better than almost all of the rest of the division.

Now they’ve got something else to post about endlessly, ‘I think Maresca will leave!!!!!!!!!’

8 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

The leadership of the club is a basket case the DOF is at war with the CEO 

Enough said 

Can you elaborate, please? It's been suggested they don't talk much now, which is crazy in and of itself. But "at war"...?

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

I think they are actually getting on at present time and it’s working, but if Rudkin drops the ball here might test Enzo…. We are desperately short on numbers and Enzo doesn’t want many more loans 

I can't imagine there will be a case of 'dropping the ball' - at the end of the day, rudkin will want to make the sales so he can bring in new players, but he can't force other teams to buy highly-paid, underperforming players; and no doubt he is accountable to Top to make sure any sale is economically satisfactory. so it's ignorant to assume that these sales should be guaranteed, regardless of who the DoF is.

I know many people doubt Rudkin's competence, but he's been doing the job long enough to understand these basics and i'm sure he'll want to prove that he is good at his job, despite the negative perceptions of him. 

Sometimes we have to learn to accept that not everything we want is possible, I'm sure Enzo is realistic enough to understand that we're in a tough situation and, though frustrated, will understand this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

oh man, Rudkin disasterclass isn’t over yet is it 

It won't be over until we change ownership. He can do no wrong in the eyes of his bosses and it's absolutely abundantly obvious to anybody at this point that he's terrible at his job.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is my fear. I think as a coach he is very good. A lot about him to get behind. We are such a shambles he either gives up and calls (rightly) Top and Rudkin a bunch of ***** and walks out or he does as well as expected and takes a PL job mid season. 

Our fans are that blinded by this ownership that they would see Maresca as the issue as well. Maybe less so on here but I think in the stadium it would just bring back the sorts of scenes you had against West Ham where anybody wanting accountability is gawped at by the clappers.

52 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Fecking grow up.

Replace everything I said and replace Rudkin's name with Top then seeing as Top continues to employ him despite everything. Easy fix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

And who's fault is that lol

The economics of professional football? - i'm no expert but i'll wager for a team playing in the PL and Europe there was absolutely nothing remarkable or extreme about the salaries players were given.

People have to remember that we were trying to directly compete with big 6 teams who could easily out spend us; we were up to the limit of our FFP, so it's reasonable that we were simply paying salaries we could afford.

The reactionary BS on here seems to be based on the idea that when we signed these players we knew that we'd soon be playing in the EFL - it's ridiculous -  when these players were bought with european experience to play in europe, that's why they demanded higher salaries.

Ultimately, the blame for this situation falls on everyone from top to bottom, not just rudklin, he can't be held entirely accountable for our relegation and the consequent problems we now face.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

One will pay him 5m a year plus and offer him progression 

the other can’t get rid of players fit for the knackers yard 

If we lost a manager to Everton on this basis then **** me. I'm thinking more a Crystal Palace but who knows.

It's a fear I can't shake.