Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Fvck me, do we just believe everyone's an itk now? 

Show a bit of sense. Maresca isn't an idiot, he's going to have known the squad situation when he turned up. We're a bunch of amateurs, fans looking on, and we knew it was obvious the club had to sell to do a lot of business. He's hardly going to have not realised that. 

He's also been a professional footballer and has been around professional football his entire adult life. He's gonna know we can't just force people to buy our plahers. He might be disappointed we can't get a target he wants but he's not going to be "livid with the club" or Rudkin. 

If you buy a Porsche and the dream of being able to drive that Porsche and you rapidly find out that they hoodwinked you and there is no 911 and the Skoda Fabia in the garage is actually driven by the garage owners “right hand man”

think anyone would be livid with that 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

He is unbeaten in the championship, at a club that’s a basket case 

if he keeps that up and continues to looks like the real deal then don’t be Surprised if a desperate club (Everton) come and sign him 

He's not going to go to everton, jesus - if there's a club that's really badly owned and run, it's everton.

Besides, people don't leave just because things aren't perfect - maybe he want's piroe, but it's not like we don't have other options more than good enough at this level.  After not getting time at Parma, why would he bail on a team that he has made such a brilliant and rapid start with?

• Like 2

Think it’s fairly obvious than Enzo will be gonzo at some point. We want success. If he brings that with what he’s doing he will be seen as Pep lite or a potential Pep challenger. No way he stays here then. 

Will he go this season?  Highly unlikely, but not impossible. He may make a decision to back out because commitments made to him have not been fulfilled. I judge that unlikely.

We might be smashing the league by Christmas, playing some very good football. Certain teams in the Prem, including a few no one expected, will be on panic mode. Would they swoop?  They might. I think this is more likely. 

39 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

The leadership of the club is a basket case the DOF is at war with the CEO 

Enough said 

Probably the same at almost every club in the world.

And for that matter, one minute we're talking about rudkin like he's a soft touch, moron that can barely tie his shoe laces, the next he's at war with a billionaire business owner - can the real Jon Rudkin please stand up.

He's going absolutely no where this season, to quote his words we are 10/20 percent there in terms of implementing his system. And we are 2 to 3 players short yet he's just won 4 out of 4 and we are currently odds on for promotion. He will want the achievement of winning the championship on his cv then instead of leaving for Everton his next club could be spurs or Chelsea. 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Behave. We're a basket case club but Everton aren't? 

Linekers Lugs is just chatting out of his arse or recycling nonsense from someone he trusts too much. 

He claimed to know Mavididi's agent. I can believe that, someone has to I suppose. Doesn't all of a sudden make him an expert on everything that happens at the club and if he's trying to tell you that Maresca would abandon this project for fvcking Everton if we don't sign Piroe then maybe I think you should do yourself a favour and just add another name to your ignore list for the sakes of your sanity. 

Wasn't me who said Everton. I agree they're an absolute shambles but I think we're nearer to that sort of situation than people want to admit as well - redeemable but forever putting obstacles in front of ourselves due to blind loyalty. First it was Rodgers and now it's Rudkin. It managed to send us down instead of even them.

I don't know how much needs to pan out for people to admit we are a badly run club in 2023. It isn't 2015 anymore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And for that matter, one minute we're talking about rudkin like he's a soft touch, moron that can barely tie his shoe laces, the next he's at war with a billionaire business owner - can the real Jon Rudkin please stand up.

Top isn’t the CEO 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

night buddy 👍👍

13 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Top isn’t the CEO 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

night buddy 👍👍

Ok,  a rushed reply - but on reflection that's even less of a concern than had it been Top he was warring with - who gives a fuch if he's at war with this guy! - someone that practically no one on here will even know the name of.

It's business, people are always battling and i'm sure it's even more common at board level.

Good night, indeed - that's the last of your click bait i'll be responding to - :yawn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Ok,  a rushed reply - but on reflection that's even less of a concern than had it been Top he was warring with - who gives a fuch if he's at war with this guy! - someone that practically no one on here will even know the name of.

It's business, people are always battling and i'm sure it's even more common at board level.

Good night, indeed - that's the last of your click bait i'll be responding to - :yawn:

If you don't know who Susan Whelan is then I'd suggest you should probably stop fighting a fight you are ill-equipped to win.

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

If you buy a Porsche and the dream of being able to drive that Porsche and you rapidly find out that they hoodwinked you and there is no 911 and the Skoda Fabia in the garage is actually driven by the garage owners “right hand man”

...you would think that Maresca would have been informed of the financial situation prior to coming here!!!

What may be a problem would be the way the club is dealing with potential sales by holding out for prices that are unrealistic and preventing players from going out the door.

There are one or two more to bring in before the end of the window and they will make a big impact on the way we play.

56 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

If you don't know who Susan Whelan is then I'd suggest you should probably stop fighting a fight you are ill-equipped to win.

I actually googled it and it came up with Kevin Davies, thus why i said 'guy'. :dunno: guess i should be more careful before replying, obviously i know who Susan Wheelan is :doh:

Still, my point stands - storm in a teacup and probably a conflict that exists almost universally.  And certainly it doesn't make the club a 'basket case'.

So bored of people looking for stuff to moan about, now i remember why i sacked this forum off before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Who has that happened to?! I've definitely missed something!

• Haha 1

I’d like to think we have. A Watertight contract  with Maresca for at least 12 months.. there’s no way anyone can steal him after just a Few games into the season no matter how desperate they are… 

Edited by MPH

All managers are constantly wanting more than the club / dof can or will give them. The club has given Maresca the type of players he wants and look to be actively searching out more players that suit his style. Getting any kind of return on the players that don't fit the new system is the difficult part of the task & the one that Rudkin will take the heat for.

So the fear is a club like Everton come in and get Maresca?

So presumably they are on a shitter of a season at some point and see how well Enzo is doing with us. Presumably we're looking good for promotion at that point, whilst Everton presumably look like relegation candidates, and Everton, with their finance problems and the possibility of a points deduction still looming as well as obviously being so shit that they're firing their manager to come and try and take ours look like a great prospect for him to join? So instead of having a promotion on his CV at the end of the season he's most likely to have a relegation instead and be in a far worse scenario in the 24/25 season? Or, on the off chance he did keep them up, he can fight the battles that his predecessor did and probably lose his job in the same way.

Yeah you're right. Definitely happening. Sounds dead appealing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Rudkin is far from a moron.

He hasn't got himself the positions he has acquired by being moronic, he has got them by licking the right backsides, being a yes man, and knowing what his boss's want to hear, and telling them accordingly.

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I actually googled it and it came up with Kevin Davies, thus why i said 'guy'. :dunno: guess i should be more careful before replying, obviously i know who Susan Wheelan is :doh:

Still, my point stands - storm in a teacup and probably a conflict that exists almost universally.  And certainly it doesn't make the club a 'basket case'.

So bored of people looking for stuff to moan about, now i remember why i sacked this forum off before.

Actually if rudkin and whelan are ‘not on the same page’ then that could explain a lot regarding the club over the past year or two

top would never go against Susan but he also 100% trusts rudkin.  Maybe this explains the apparent lack of action we’ve seen over the past 18 months as we’ve seemed to sleepwalk into the abyss ….. top trying to please both of them when he actually needs to take a side on certain situations. Of course he would say that he simply goes with the responsibility of the person at the time - if it’s commercial then it’s whelan and if it’s a football matter then it’s rudkin. But you can’t just take that easy option. If the football side has crashed then the person at the top has to carry the can for that. I suspect that rudders will argue that his hands were effectively tied by financial restrictions which emanate from the commercial side. And Susan can now argue that her ability to deliver enough income is now screwed by the lack of dosh because of relegation.

all based on heresay  and rumour but there must be a reason why we seem to have been run so badly ……

• Like 1