Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

Conor Coady will be a decent signing and has leadership quality that we lack. The Jury is out on Winks as dropped off after his initial breakthrough a few years ago + has an iffy injury record. Madders deal was OK considering the situation we are and world cup winner Macallister also went to Liverpool for less

• Like 1

I have no issue with either Winks or Coady but think we are overpaying on both. If we get promoted then it really doesn't matter but we it's a large investment for a championship club if we end up not going back up in the next year or two

Like that we're moving quickly

Don't like that we've spunked half the Maddison fee on a 27 yr old CM who's best moments were back in 2017 and a 30 yr old CB who got benched at two different bottom half clubs last season.

Don't get me wrong, I understand Coady and the need we have for players like him but 7.5m (+1m) is yet again an overpay. Everton had an option to sign him for 4.5m and didn't, how the **** have we managed to pay double that

• Like 1

There's a long way to go yet. Coady wasn't wanted by a relegation team or the club he was loaned from let alone any of the newly promoted teams, and winks has been playing Serie b and missed a lot through injury. These are not stellar signings even for a championship club, more of a risk than anything and they are not coming cheap. Like the look of the Swansea striker we are after more than these other two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Like that we're moving quickly

Don't like that we've spunked half the Maddison fee on a 27 yr old CM who's best moments were back in 2017 and a 30 yr old CB who got benched at two different bottom half clubs last season.

Don't get me wrong, I understand Coady and the need we have for players like him but 7.5m (+1m) is yet again an overpay. Everton had an option to sign him for 4.5m and didn't, how the **** have we managed to pay double that

Like has been mentioned a million times before, Everton likely paid 3 million as a loan fee.  3 plus 4.5 is 7.5

• Like 2

Coady looks like an excellent signing at this level. 

Not sure what's happened to Winks, Southgate described him as a great box to box player but it all seems to have gone a bit Dele Alli for him. 

Not bothered about Maddison, Spurs is a perfect fit for the up and down form player that he is. I can't deny he is quality, but when we needed him most, he went missing. 

• Like 1

It’s sensible and decent  business without being exciting. Cody will think he has a promotion in him and has good all round team ethic. Winks is interesting, he will be hungry to prove himself again after Spurs. Just hope with transfer fees and wages we are not overpaying .. then again Rudkin is still in the house !

Edited by Pinfox