Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

Guest Kopfkino

It’s a astounding with the amount we need to do that it’s now been two weeks since our last signing was confirmed and the rumour mill is hardly in overdrive.

I guess we need to get more out/money in but again the lack of noise on this side of things is disconcerting. Are we pricing ourselves out of the market again?

8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

It’s a astounding with the amount we need to do that it’s now been two weeks since our last signing was confirmed and the rumour mill is hardly in overdrive.

I guess we need to get more out/money in but again the lack of noise on this side of things is disconcerting. Are we pricing ourselves out of the market again?

its really not astounding - look at Southampton and Leeds they have done little.

I for one am glad we are not fire selling as the owner will understand the financial commitment and our squad today is capable of walking this division - I have faith that we are at least going to keep enough quality to be very very competitive - we will undoubtedly need a few new faces but panicking would cause me more concern - prem sides are only just starting to move and sadly most of our players are premier league players so any moves will be done at the pace of the top division or European top divisions so it could be end of August before we see lots of exits ........

Buckle up and bank on Enzo knowing the difference between committed and half hearted players as we may end up with a different team at the beginning of August and beginning of September......

10 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

its really not astounding - look at Southampton and Leeds they have done little.

I for one am glad we are not fire selling as the owner will understand the financial commitment and our squad today is capable of walking this division - I have faith that we are at least going to keep enough quality to be very very competitive - we will undoubtedly need a few new faces but panicking would cause me more concern - prem sides are only just starting to move and sadly most of our players are premier league players so any moves will be done at the pace of the top division or European top divisions so it could be end of August before we see lots of exits ........

Buckle up and bank on Enzo knowing the difference between committed and half hearted players as we may end up with a different team at the beginning of August and beginning of September......

The squad today is low on confidence, and seriously lacks creativity - It is nowhere near capable of walking the division.

Most will think they're better than the Championship when they absolutely aren't...which is always a recipe for disaster.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

The squad today is low on confidence, and seriously lacks creativity - It is nowhere near capable of walking the division.

Most will think they're better than the Championship when they absolutely aren't...which is always a recipe for disaster.

Glad someone has said it, with Tielemans and Maddison gone and Barnes looking very likely to go we've lost about 75% of out goals and creativity. If Iheanacho was to go as well you can make that 99%.

With what remains they'll be lucky to scrape 10 goals between them.

24 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Glad someone has said it, with Tielemans and Maddison gone and Barnes looking very likely to go we've lost about 75% of out goals and creativity. If Iheanacho was to go as well you can make that 99%.

We got Coady and Winks in early though, so every cloud an' all that.

32 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

The squad today with Kel and Barnes in it would walk this division - they need a manager who has a plan and hold them all to account.....my point was that it will take time before the shakeout of relegation happens - unlikely to be by the first league game but i am glad the owners are not fire selling.......yet!

23 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

We got Coady and Winks in early though, so every cloud an' all that.

Not as convinced as everybody else on here, I'll reserve judgement till I've seen a few games. There were plenty on here who thought Vestergaard and Bertrand were good signings.

18 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

The squad today with Kel and Barnes in it would walk this division - they need a manager who has a plan and hold them all to account.....my point was that it will take time before the shakeout of relegation happens - unlikely to be by the first league game but i am glad the owners are not fire selling.......yet!

I don't think Barnes will be here though, If we manage to keep Iheanacho it seems like he'll have to score and assist himself. Plenty on here would sell him which leaves us with?

Has been very slow but think it would be too early still to make a massive judgement. We could have a few lined up for next week.

If Barnes has to go to do that then I hope its anyone but Newcastle, they're like an Italian club for negotiations.

Things seem to have stalled, considering we were told the team will look a lot different by the Coventry game.

5-6 signings are definitely needed, a new goalkeeper + Doyle seem to be the only certainties atm, while a creative 8 and 2-3 wingers are also desperately needed. 

Then the rest will depend on departures. I see no point in keeping Faes if our intention is to play a back four, hopefully someone comes in for him and he gets replaced with a young ball playing centre back.

Another two midfielders would be needed if we can get Ndidi & Soumare out the door.

Then potentially another striker if one of Nacho or Daka depart. 

Hopefully we can get in another 5-6 before Coventry along with a few departures, if not then we’ll have a squad still littered with players who don’t want to be here, that could hinder our chances at the start of the season. 

19 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I don't think Barnes will be here though, If we manage to keep Iheanacho it seems like he'll have to score and assist himself. Plenty on here would sell him which leaves us with?

Personally think they will both go but if we did keep Kel, Barnes, Daka and Vards we would walk this division …..it won’t happen so we will need to wheel and deal but let’s not just give all our players away ……it’s going to be bumpy few weeks and as I said I am more conscious that hopefully Enzo has weighed all the players up ! Be telling tomorrow if Barnes is not involved will be a signal he’s not from gone 

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Things seem to have stalled, considering we were told the team will look a lot different by the Coventry game.

5-6 signings are definitely needed, a new goalkeeper + Doyle seem to be the only certainties atm, while a creative 8 and 2-3 wingers are also desperately needed. 

Then the rest will depend on departures. I see no point in keeping Faes if our intention is to play a back four, hopefully someone comes in for him and he gets replaced with a young ball playing centre back.

Another two midfielders would be needed if we can get Ndidi & Soumare out the door.

Then potentially another striker if one of Nacho or Daka depart. 

Hopefully we can get in another 5-6 before Coventry along with a few departures, if not then we’ll have a squad still littered with players who don’t want to be here, that could hinder our chances at the start of the season. 

Highly unlikely to happen before the kick off imo…..clubs in the prem will wait and try to take our players nearer to the deadline ……and as for overseas clubs it will be deadline day or near to it as the wages will be such a factor that they will hope we are desperate …..best thing that could happen is that we get off to an absolute flyer…….

You have to remember no-one within the club has said it's a rebuild or new chapter. 

They appear deluded enough to just carry on as we are in terms of refreshing the playing staff. 

You can say we are further along than Saints and Leeds. Yet they appointed managers later. Saints have 2 players in. Leeds have cleared out a number of players. The latter being particularly gutting whilst our DoF strolls around Seagrave in his training kit. 

Get a move on with it - we've got to prioritise speed high up the list than we would do normally for the sake of a few quid. We fcuked our season up with the indecision on Fofana and Schmeichel last season. 

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

All well and good having a few capable goalscorers, you do need players to provide the supply line. We've very little right now, but hopefully that will change.

A few creative midfielders and we are in a good shape to do well.

1 hour ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Its all gone very quiet for a club that is about to start a completely new chapter.

Massively.

Pre season videos stopped. Not much activity even on socials 

Doyle transfer been ongoing for awhile. Rumours of medicals early this week and nothing changed.

I would have thought we'd have had another one in door by now.

Not much in the way of selling either as obviously no one wants our dross on high wages.

Hopefully they'll be lots of movement next week as we need players in and get them fit and ready.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg

Certainly getting more concerning as time rolls on, we’ve got a solid base at the mo but Rudkin and Co seem to be going down the same path. 

That said if they manage to somehow pull their finger out in the next couple of weeks and do something with the creativity/winger situation we’ll be in a very decent spot.

A few hours can make a big difference! Doyle might only be on loan but all 3 of our signings would befit a bottom 10 Premier League team, and I think are the best signings made in the division save for Shea Charles. And even then I’d argue for here and now Winks is a better player though Charles may go onto lofty heights. 

We’ve also got players that are extremely important for the system Maresca will want to play. Winks to keep us ticking, Coady is very good on the ball and in this system the left footed CB is essential so they can play the ball first time as often as possible without having to turn in. This is also true of one of our central midfielders, but KDH means we already have it. 

I’m a bit surprised we haven’t signed a keeper yet because that is essential to this system. There’s a reason Man U are letting De Gea go for free and signing Onana as an example of that. 

I think we will overhaul the squad but it could be done quicker. Arsenal, Brighton and Liverpool already have all their key signings made, meaning they can learn the system now. As it stands it’s likely one or two new players will be in the team / squad for game one having only joined that week. We probably need to make 2 signings a week, and only brought one in so far this. 

All that said we’re doing better than Leeds and probably Southampton too. If we finish above those two again we probably go up automatically.

• Like 1

In:

Hermansen

Alex Robertson

Krisztián Lisztes 

Sebastian Nanasi

Oscar Bobb / Carlos Borges 

Joel Piroe

Happy to substitute one of the above for a Manuel Lanzini / Franco Vasquez free transfer

Out:

Barnes

Ndidi 

Praet

Vestergaard

Castagne

Iversen / Ward

Iheanacho 

• Like 3