Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

A few hours can make a big difference! Doyle might only be on loan but all 3 of our signings would befit a bottom 10 Premier League team, and I think are the best signings made in the division save for Shea Charles. And even then I’d argue for here and now Winks is a better player though Charles may go onto lofty heights. 

We’ve also got players that are extremely important for the system Maresca will want to play. Winks to keep us ticking, Coady is very good on the ball and in this system the left footed CB is essential so they can play the ball first time as often as possible without having to turn in. This is also true of one of our central midfielders, but KDH means we already have it. 

I’m a bit surprised we haven’t signed a keeper yet because that is essential to this system. There’s a reason Man U are letting De Gea go for free and signing Onana as an example of that. 

I think we will overhaul the squad but it could be done quicker. Arsenal, Brighton and Liverpool already have all their key signings made, meaning they can learn the system now. As it stands it’s likely one or two new players will be in the team / squad for game one having only joined that week. We probably need to make 2 signings a week, and only brought one in so far this. 

All that said we’re doing better than Leeds and probably Southampton too. If we finish above those two again we probably go up automatically.

And after saying all that it looks like we have a keeper incoming shortly too. If that one is done over the weekend / early next week I think we are in good shape.

Wingers for me are what we need, though I suspect Piroe is going to play out wide. We can't be going into a new season with just Marc Albrighton as an established winger. Kasey McAteer got game time in the preseason games and he and a few others might get chances this season. But we need someone who can come in and do the business right away too.

• Like 1

Get Hermansen officially signed shortly and that is the goalkeeper, defence, and Winks all sorted and good to go (unless Faes leaves then I reckon we will need to sign another centre back)

It will have been under 5 weeks since the transfer window opened

I don't think we will see much movement with regards to more additions to midfield / attack until Barnes goes, and someone like Piroe is unlikely to come in until Iheanacho possibly goes

Leaves us just under 7 weeks to get them sorted until the window closes

We were never going to get it all done by the first game, no team ever does

On 15/07/2023 at 10:24, moore_94 said:

Get Hermansen officially signed shortly and that is the goalkeeper, defence, and Winks all sorted and good to go (unless Faes leaves then I reckon we will need to sign another centre back)

It will have been under 5 weeks since the transfer window opened

I don't think we will see much movement with regards to more additions to midfield / attack until Barnes goes, and someone like Piroe is unlikely to come in until Iheanacho possibly goes

Leaves us just under 7 weeks to get them sorted until the window closes

We were never going to get it all done by the first game, no team ever does

Do we potentially go with Ben Nelson, or maybe Utilise one of the other Midfielders as role stepping into Midfield, Aka Ndidi if Faes goes? 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well worth watching. We love hanging @Ric Flair out to dry for his optimism regarding a certain Brazilian player, but the point is that no matter how good your scouting, analytics and research are... 50% of transfers (at minimum) tend to fail

So we have to stick with Enzo for the full 3 year cycle at minimum to greatly enhance the odds of successful transfers, which I'm OK with. Our owners have shown they aren't trigger happy, if we do get off to a slow start.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

So we have to stick with Enzo for the full 3 year cycle at minimum to greatly enhance the odds of successful transfers, which I'm OK with. Our owners have shown they aren't trigger happy, if we do get off to a slow start.

Mmm not if most of the incomings are loans 

On 14/07/2023 at 16:44, messerschmitt said:

Glad someone has said it, with Tielemans and Maddison gone and Barnes looking very likely to go we've lost about 75% of out goals and creativity. If Iheanacho was to go as well you can make that 99%.

With what remains they'll be lucky to scrape 10 goals between them.

Absolutely. Without new signings I just can’t really see where the goals are coming from right now.

Much pontificating about “philosophy” and “systems” under the new manager, but let’s not lose sight of the simple fact that winning games means scoring goals! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Absolutely. Without new signings I just can’t really see where the goals are coming from right now.

Much pontificating about “philosophy” and “systems” under the new manager, but let’s not lose sight of the simple fact that winning games means scoring goals! 

Yes, I agree with these points. The good news is we’re building from the back first. This is key to the coming season and with Coady, Soutar and Doyle there’s a more than capable back 3. However we could do with an attacking and goalscoring midfielder and as you say a proper attacker who scores at this level.

I am not 100% confident with Daka, I doubt Vardy can do 46 games and Nacho who’d be our best bet could well go to a bottom 10 premiership club. 

On 15/07/2023 at 12:02, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just get rid of Ward Soumare and Vesty, they are the 3 I desperately want to see the back of. The others I can put up with but those 3 🤮 

Never say no , the gheist of Leicester suprises follows us through our history..and I will come a calling blaming you if all 3 start against Coventry…:P

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well worth watching. We love hanging @Ric Flair out to dry for his optimism regarding a certain Brazilian player, but the point is that no matter how good your scouting, analytics and research are... 50% of transfers (at minimum) tend to fail

However those figures will have been skewed by having Brendan Rodgers operating at that level for much of the past decade or so.

• Haha 1

Just imagine the first 11 we would have if the rumours in the transfer thread came about.

Iversen/ Hermansen

Pereira    Soutar     Coady    Doyle

Casadei    Winks.   KDH

Palmer       Piroe     Diallo

Not that we will get all (any?) of them

If we did we would have to go through the same process again next season whether or not we got promoted

Edited by Merchant_Banker

9 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Most managers success comes on the back of what their predecessor has put together. Claudio perfected what Nige had built. Rodgers got to coach a very well designed team by puel. Maresca might be lucky from the fact that we have such a turnover but Id not want to be someone stepping on the crap Brodge has left about  

• Like 1

I am presently happy. Can see Enzo might want a couple more,plus we don’t know how much he his tied down,

or how much open leverage he has. All forums seem to prefer presumptions or clickbait journalism to facts.

I go with what we have and see how the next month pans out..
I ain’t wetting mi knickers getting desperate to sign this or that player.

I still see unexpected players,put their hands up in pre season and will suprise many.

I would like to offload some,where necessary,to help invest in the new approach.

I don’t mind some loans,even a couple for cover,but not be successfull then lose our

B.bone of the squad..

Football is rife with natural comings & goings, we bought in 4 new players last season,

I would love to see Faes,Kristiansen, Souttar stay and prove to be solid investments for

3-5 seasons. If others really want to commit and help to achieve our ambitions,again natural

turnover will or will not happen..Enzo has shown he is prepared also to look at our own youngsters

I also expect a few more having the drive & show high potential they can cut it…

Again desperate for named inclusions I ain’t. Two months is a long time,by end of August buys & loans

will be sorted hopefully to present managers and recruitment teams satisfaction, then the fans can

cheer or moan as much as they like..Me no demands,too long in the tooth, to want,chase every proposed

assumed prospect..

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder what happens to our transfer plans if Barnes doesn't go. A lot of pressure on getting fringe players out to raise funds.

He plays and scores 20 goals in the championship, we probably need £50 million more spent on the squad, if we can get Ndidi, Castagne, Daka, I think we could get £30 million, an £20 mil change from Maddison fee minus the 2 incoming.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder what happens to our transfer plans if Barnes doesn't go. A lot of pressure on getting fringe players out to raise funds.

Depends how reliant we are on his assumed fee I guess, still not sure on the state of our finances after the relegation and exits of so many players (+ maddison and others)

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Depends how reliant we are on his assumed fee I guess, still not sure on the state of our finances after the relegation and exits of so many players (+ maddison and others)

I was confident that Castagne, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Praet and Soumare or Faes would generate £30-40m but I'm not convinced now. I think the culmination of wages they are still on and the fees we'll demand is putting many off. Plus perhaps relegation has tarnished some of them, although that doesn't usually.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I was confident that Castagne, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Praet and Soumare or Faes would generate £30-40m but I'm not convinced now. I think the culmination of wages they are still on and the fees we'll demand is putting many off. Plus perhaps relegation has tarnished some of them, although that doesn't usually.

I think to some degree potential buyers are 'gaming' us, as they know our predicament, know we need to rebuild, know we need cash from sales, so it just makes sense for buyers to wait until later in the window and drive prices down, or just low ball us.

Or have we grown used to (over?) inflating our sale prices, something that isn`t currently realistic?  :dunno:

Do agree though, you would have thought Castagne (despite the bile on here), Soumare and Faes, even Praet, would fetch some decent offers (Did not include Wilf as he is just weird currently)

14 hours ago, Phenom said:

We have 3 strikers. Unless someone goes, doubt we bring anyone in. Definitely need wingers.

Problem is though, Vardy, sadly is a spent force and Daka isn't very good. So it's all on Nacho, if he stays. I just feel scoring goals could be our achilles heel.