Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Big week needed on the recruitment front.

Need to hear the words ‘Timber’ too.  Otherwise, we will have a 35 man squad.  Easier said than done I know.

Even a wild-fire would not destroy certain trees in our camp.  we are paying for huge mistakes made by people still at the Club and some who have fuched off.

It will take time to get us back on course. But come on you Super Foxes!!

Edited by mozartfox

Still far too many players involved in and around the club that don't want to be here in my opinion. 

Faes, Castagne, Praet, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Ward, Vesty

Are they putting in a shift to grind out a result any time soon? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Still far too many players involved in and around the club that don't want to be here in my opinion. 

Faes, Castagne, Praet, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Ward, Vesty

Are they putting in a shift to grind out a result any time soon? 

Choudhury and Iheanacho I think would be willing to.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Need to hear the words ‘Timber’ too.  Otherwise, we will have a 35 man squad.  Easier said than done I know.

Even a wild-fire would not destroy certain trees in our camp.  we are paying for huge mistakes made by people still at the Club and some who have fuched off.

It will take time to get us back on course. But come on you Super Foxes!!

Doubt it we have lost 9 players from last years squad and only recuited 4.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sdb said:

Let's be honest, take the blue tinted specs off and it's been very depressing. Hardly a surprise, but our best players have gone and the deadwood remains. The incomings look fine on paper for a championship team, but it'll be their commitment to the cause that will determine if they're actually decent purchases. 

With Barnes gone and Ricardo next out the door it’s just seems so depressing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Part of me is enjoying this because the club deserves to be picked apart.

The players and owner had plenty of time last season to prevent all this.

Bunch of clowns all of them and can't be taken seriously :banana:

We’ll need a Phoenix club if we really implode. The Birth of Leicester Fosse! 

18 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Part of me is enjoying this because the club deserves to be picked apart.

The players and owner had plenty of time last season to prevent all this.

Bunch of clowns all of them and can't be taken seriously :banana:

Weird take for a "Leicester fan" to enjoy watching our best players leave, but then I suppose we all all have a part of us that enjoys something in spite of ourselves... 

In fact, part of me really enjoys it whenever you post:tumbleweed: despite a new manager, completely new backroom team, 4 new players and 3 sales completed!

59 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Weird take for a "Leicester fan" to enjoy watching our best players leave, but then I suppose we all all have a part of us that enjoys something in spite of ourselves... 

In fact, part of me really enjoys it whenever you post:tumbleweed: despite a new manager, completely new backroom team, 4 new players and 3 sales completed!

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

I know you're trying to make a point but stop lying!!

Go back and check exactly when I have posted:tumbleweed:.

I also dont consider coaching staff transfer business but it beefed up your lie so fair play:appl:

• Haha 1

Not good enough at the moment.

Still need to get rid of: Soumare, Ndidi, Praet, Castagne, Choudhury, Vestergaard, Iheanacho, Ward, Smithies.

Mavididi is coming in but that still leaves us 4 or 5 players short providing we get rid of the above. 

The likes of Nanasi, Piroe, Casadei (or similar) NEED to come in. We look SO short in attacking midfield and wide areas and still have plenty of swamp to drain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

This puts things into perspective somewhat, as frustrating as it was to get no fee for Youri, and not much as we could of for Barnes and Maddison at least we did get a decent fees for them both to help us rebuild the squad for the coming season. 

Edited by sharpylcfc

Still crap, signings haven’t been too bad though I’m reserving judgement! Need more players in, decent forward thinking players but hey let’s just fanny about in Thailand, that’ll get the rest of the league quaking in their boots. 

It's about as I expected. What has been done is decent but it's the usual snails pace, about 3/4 less than there should've been, they've barely played together and we will inevitably leave ourselves underprepared like seemingly every summer.

Dreading that opener. Why did it have to be them?

• Like 2

I think you have to say so far it's been less than inspiring or 'shitinit'

The deadwood needs to be cut  ruthlessly (e.g Ward, Vestergaard, Soumare), those who are dicking us and don't want to be here moved on (e.g Castagne, Praet) and young hungry progressive players brought in asap - where is this conveyor of Man City talent? I don't understand why we are so antiquated and convoluted in all of our dealings. 

At this rate we're going to need a good January window as well and it's likely to go into next years summer window as well - The clubs transfer activity is an unbelievable yawnfest  

I do think Enzo and his new way of playing might breath fresh life into some of those who look like they couldn’t be arsed. However, I’m still concerned we’re short in midfield and in forward areas, particularly if we move Iheanacho on as is being reported this morning.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I do think Enzo and his new way of playing might breath fresh into some of those who look like they couldn’t be arsed. However, I’m still concerned we’re short in midfield and in forward areas, particularly if we move Iheanacho on as is being reported this morning.

If only football players were that way minded 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1