Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

31 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think like most i'd have liked a few more in and out.

But, because more haven't left yet, we're going into the first game with some very good players for this level, I think if they can see us through August and get us off to a strong start, then their replacements get the two week International break in September to settle in, we'll be fine. 

Chances are any replacements will be getting minutes for their existing clubs too so should be fit and raring to go. 

It's not ideal, but it would be much worse if we'd lost 15 players without any replacements.

Agree with this and am sure Enzo would have wanted to be further ahead with our transfer business.

key for me, with Barnes + Maddison gone, is bringing in a good quality CAM asap.

Also we should be looking at cover for Ricky P.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

We shouldn't make an exception for anyone. There is lots of talk about Kels delivering a ton of goals, but its a huge assumption. Nobody knows how running his contract down will affect his performances towards the end of the season. We don't know how motivated he will be for a cause that largely becomes meaningless to him if/when he has sorted his next move out. He's hardly been banging in goals during pre season (although that is unfair with our sh** show of a preseason so far).

Yeah, it's all about opinions and nobody knows for sure, I just don't think he's the type who would give up and yeah you can't be sure he gets 20 goals but I'd back him every day of the week over his replacement.

• Like 2

On 28/07/2023 at 13:29, Dames said:

Hopefully you win but i'm concerned he's been in the job just over a month and he's already making sly comments on transfers, clearly things aren't happening the way he was promised. 

I agree with what you’re saying. It feels like we are inevitably in for a slow start. There will be lots of expected business in and out which will mean we struggle to get up much momentum in August. Then September there is an international break and the squad, if a lot of changes happen by deadline day, will need to gel. It wouldn’t surprise me if it takes us until October to start putting results together. Not that that means it’s too late to have a successful season of course. Over the par co up or of years, as a club, we seem to have struggled to function well on the pitch during transfer window uncertainty. 

And this is how I wonder how much patience Enzo will be afforded by both Top and a number of our fans if we are not clear at the top by October. I fear Top thinks we are entitled and could throw his toys out if things are difficult. And I have a belief that many of our fans won’t give a manager a chance unless he has ‘won’ something as well!

I think Maresca will want to hold on to ndidi, castagne, kel, daka, faes, praet through august until we have clear sight on  who else comes in. Currently we can put out a strong side, but if we lose those AND havent bought in attacking threat then we are goosed. 

Currently we could field the below v cov

Hermansen

Justin Souttar Faes Doyle 

Ricardo Winks

KDH Kristiansen

Kel Vardy

With castagne, coady, daka, choudhury, thomas, madivadua, nelson, vestergaard in reserve

Still feels we need two or 3 with fresh impetus in the squad to change the mindset. But we have the quality for a strong august.

The Transfer business is yet again ponderous, slow, pathetic. Its clear the club haven't learnt one jot. Rukin is ma massive useless tatting ****. He needs to go. 

If this is the squad next week there needs to be vocal protests to remove this muppet.

This is an awful squad at present, no where near promotion, zero creativity or width.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Surprised we're not linked to more players at this stage. 

Were an injury away from Mavadidi and Winks for the system not to work. 

Worryingly thin in key roles, worrying number of very average players in others.

Still need a handful of Maresca-profile ballers, however Winks Coady Doyle Mavididi Mads all look like great signings so can't exactly be disappointed with the business.

More please!

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

I think people forget the emergence of the 2-3 academy lads in to the match day squad has been like new signings for me. 

I think 3 more in now is enough until Jan.

It is the 5-6 we need to move out most important.

Hmmmmm jury very much still out on McAteer and Wanya Marcal. In an ideal world both would get League One loan moves.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmm jury very much still out on McAteer and Wanya Marcal. In an ideal world both would get League One loan moves.

Agreed - marcal no where near good enough for me to even be second choice - mcateer looked ok last week and I think they will keep him around as can play a few positions- we still need 2 more wingers - a first choice right winger and someone who can cover both 

Just now, jv1 said:

Agreed - marcal no where near good enough for me to even be second choice - mcateer looked ok last week and I think they will keep him around as can play a few positions- we still need 2 more wingers - a first choice right winger and someone who can cover both 

I see it the other way round personally. McAteer nowhere near the level out wide but as an 8 I could see him being a rotation player at a push. Wanya I think is better out wide but for a team challenging promotion I'd want better options and them both on loan making progress.

while im relatively pleased with the incoming side,we still need least 3/4 more in

the outgoing side, jesus, expect least 5 to go, maybe more

its taking us an age to get the casadei deal done, so expecting the club to deal with maybe atleast 9 ins/outs ; i cant see it myself, more so when we have a certain DoF

Edited by FrankieADZ

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I see it the other way round personally. McAteer nowhere near the level out wide but as an 8 I could see him being a rotation player at a push. Wanya I think is better out wide but for a team challenging promotion I'd want better options and them both on loan making progress.

It’s early but I think we are pretty much agreeing - marcal no and mcateer maybe but not on wing 😂😂

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I think people forget the emergence of the 2-3 academy lads in to the match day squad has been like new signings for me. 

I think 3 more in now is enough until Jan.

It is the 5-6 we need to move out most important.

They're being played out of necessity rather than ability

• Like 3

Do people think we will get the transfers done we need?

Will confess I dont have faith in the club.

We have players to shift, and players we need.

If needed we should be shifting those players for a loss or even for free, do what's needed to get the squad the manager they employed needs.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

If needed we should be shifting those players for a loss or even for free, do what's needed to get the squad the manager they employed needs.

How are you going to pay for the new ones?

5 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

way its going both Marcel and Mcateer wont be going on loan, suspect theyll be kept in the squad for rotation/numbers

Tbf I’d be happy with this as they have both looked promising so far, as long as we still bring in another winger though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Buisness in general tends to speed up the closer we get to the end of the window, always has been that way. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How are you going to pay for the new ones?

If we cant afford to get the players for this type of manager we shouldnt have employed Enzo, so thats my answer to that question.  In a bit more detail we play for it via Top if its not already financed by sales.

Otherwise its a bit like asking Pep to be manager without buying him the players.