Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

1 hour ago, eblair said:

Think it stinks of same errors that got us Bertrand, vestergaard and perez

There’s literally nothing to base this on other than age. I don’t know about Winks but Coady has a great attitude unlike the above ones you mentioned. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Have we overpaid for Coady when Souttar cost 17m

Did we over pay for Souttar at £17m? 

Majority of fans think £30m for Perez was bad but in reality with the amount of money in the game now players cost more and there are new bench marks for players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Have we overpaid for Coady when Souttar cost 17m

I think so yes. Coady was offered to Everton for about 4 mil so regardless of the Souttar cost we are paying nearly double the original asking price for a 30yr old. Winks 10 mil transfer cost isn't much better. Loaned out to a Serie b club, injured half the time from a parent club we are now selling our best player to for 20 mil less than we wanted. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I think so yes. Coady was offered to Everton for about 4 mil so regardless of the Souttar cost we are paying nearly double the original asking price for a 30yr old. Winks 10 mil transfer cost isn't much better. Loaned out to a Serie b club, injured half the time from a parent club we are now selling our best player to for 20 mil less than we wanted. 

Everton paid a loan fee for Coady though which was probably around £2-3m so the total fees would be very similar, plus that agreement had a buy clause within it so tbh our fee is probably about right 

• Like 3

I do get a feeling of us being played in the transfer market. Maddison for only 40M seems real cheap with his numbers, and both Winks and Coady deals feel very expensive considering they were deadwood at their clubs. But now we get them in early and our unproven new manager have a chance to get his ideas across.

Have an uneasy feeling about the new season, but like many others I was not impressed when Ranieri was appointed, so maybe we lucked out again and we might have a pretty fun season.

• Like 3

I like the players we have been linked with so far. 

Coady is a leader and still more than capable of playing in the premier league. Leadership was one of the major things we have lacked since Schmeichel left. 

Winks is a tidy player. He recycles the ball well and can play forward progressive passes. If Maresca is trying to play a possession based style of football then Winks will really suit this. 

If they are to be the first two players through the door then i will be more than happy with that. 

We just need a healthy mix of experienced pros with the right attitude/leadership qualities and young players with flair.

• Like 1

Thought Maddison would be worth more but with only one year on the contract who knows. The fact Man U have been arguing with Chelsea over a 55m fee for Mount and didn’t switch target to Maddison says something about the top4 opinion on him. Even Newcastle who weren’t offering much more than that last year (twice) didn't come back in this time.

Let’s just have a laugh and go with what’s been said already. He’s the perfect fit for spuds with his injury record and ability to go missing.

Coady and Winks… don’t know. It’s not mega money really is it and at champ level, could both be good. Maybe Winks is one of those good players treated badly that we used to get and will find his feet.

It’s weirdly more interesting watching what kinda squad we’ll build to get back up after the whole shit contract scenario we found ourselves in. Imagine how bad it would have been watching us trying to build another squad to stay in the PL.

• Like 2

Taking the loan fees out of the equation that Everyon paid, if we get the Coady that was not long ago Captain of a very decent Wolves side then even at 7.5mill we have got a hell of a deal given the prices of today.

How much did we spend on Souttar and Faes again?

• Like 2

This is where we are at. I’m still wallowing in my relegation hangover and probably won’t have any enthusiasm until we walk out against Cov. 

Nothing against Coady or Winks, get them in, if Enzo wants them then they’re good enough for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Everton paid a loan fee for Coady though which was probably around £2-3m so the total fees would be very similar, plus that agreement had a buy clause within it so tbh our fee is probably about right 

Surely the point is Everton paid a loan fee... for the loan all last season. Why would our fee include a loan fee already paid, for last season?

If Everton had paid the agreed fee to make the move permanent, they would in effect have been paying what we are now paying, but got Coady a year earlier, a year younger.

And we're paying that fee after he's had an unsuccessful season at Everton.

I'm not against the signing, just the logic that the fee we pay should include the value of a unsuccessful season's loan, that Coady holds the same value now as he did a year ago?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't get over the amount of people unhappy with Winks. He's a decent player.

The thing with Coady signing means we're playing 3 at the back. Coady can only play in a 3, surely everyone in football knows this, so it's a big sign pointing to how we'll play next season

Shows how entitled some fans have become , we sign two players who have played for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 as a championship club in the first week of the transfer market and still looking at other decent players yet some complain, all about opinions I suppose but I’m positive. 

We’re in the middle of a rebuild and personally I think we’re looking good 👍 but a lot will depend on who leaves as much as who comes in. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

The fact more teams aren't coming in for maddison is a bit bizarre. i guess there are injury worries but his stats even with repeated injuries put him among the best english players in the league. 

It’ll be the injury worries.

Even at 40 mill (did I really just write that), clubs will know if his hip injury gets bad again, it could end his career

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Shows how entitled some fans have become , we sign two players who have played for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 as a championship club in the first week of the transfer market and still looking at other decent players yet some complain, all about opinions I suppose but I’m positive. 

We’re in the middle of a rebuild and personally I think we’re looking good 👍 but a lot will depend on who leaves as much as who comes in. 

I’ve probably asked three times now. People are vehemently claiming that Winks is a Premiership standard player. But is he? He’s not played much for yonks has he?

What is he like now? A concrete question which just needs a proper answer, rather than the usual cobblers.

Guest Mee-9

Nothing announced yet but will comment on the rumours.

OUT 

Madders - The quicker he was out the club the better. We aren’t a Prem club so in no position to negotiate higher really, lost a lot of respect for him over the following past 12 months. 

IN 

Coady - Great signing. If we’d have signed him in Jan, he’d have kept us up. A leader in the dressing room who will take no nonsense. Reminds me of a Huth style signing. 

Piroe - A bit of magic we’ve needed since the days of Mahrez. Great player, great finisher and the next star. Proven. 

Steffen - Injury doubts, but in Maresca we trust. 

Cairney - Un-necessary signing.

Winks - A quality signing for any Championship club. Keep him fit and he’ll do well.

50 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Surely the point is Everton paid a loan fee... for the loan all last season. Why would our fee include a loan fee already paid, for last season?

If Everton had paid the agreed fee to make the move permanent, they would in effect have been paying what we are now paying, but got Coady a year earlier, a year younger.

And we're paying that fee after he's had an unsuccessful season at Everton.

I'm not against the signing, just the logic that the fee we pay should include the value of a unsuccessful season's loan, that Coady holds the same value now as he did a year ago?

The bottom line is he’s valued at 7-8million regardless of last season, how they collect that fee is up to them.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Can't get over the amount of people unhappy with Winks. He's a decent player.

The thing with Coady signing means we're playing 3 at the back. Coady can only play in a 3, surely everyone in football knows this, so it's a big sign pointing to how we'll play next season

Winks was a good player under poch in a 4-3-3 .. before he got injured and is now so injury prone the spurs fan are witnessing his decline. Jose played him at bottom of a diamond and he was awful and off to sampdoria where he barely won a game 

Now's he's neat and tidy but nothing else. Not physical enough. Dosen't create, dosen't score. He's one of those players that dosen't have a title. I.e box to box, ball winner, creator, or even the dictator... he's just there.

He deserves his chance but can see why people are happy with the coady signing but super wary of Winks especially for his price tag for a championship team.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg