Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Probably but I don't think it's implausible we drop points against some because we can't break them down.

We're so slow all the time.

True, think Hull will be the one if any. Can't see us not beating Cardiff and Rotherham.

This is HUGE. I don’t want to put pressure on the lad, but he’s a perfect fit, style wise  for what we are trying to do. He will slot in nicely.

And honestly, the amount of money Chelsea are spending at the moment.. if we go up.. well,  every player has a price...

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

Two wingers, one defender and either a backup for winks or braybrooke used to do that and I'll be happy. A new striker and I'll be ecstatic but I don't think there's any chance of that. 

Then clear out the dead wood. 

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Two wingers, one defender and either a backup for winks or braybrooke used to do that and I'll be happy. A new striker and I'll be ecstatic but I don't think there's any chance of that. 

Then clear out the dead wood. 

HAHA GREAT AVATAR

Great recruiting thus far BUT we need to shift out the deadwood. If we are left with 4-5 players on high wages and not the final 25 man squad. Then this window will be a lot less successful than it is looking with 16 days to go.

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I stress, what we have signed, I am happy with. There just needs to be more. We need a minimum of two wingers and another attacking midfielder.

If we don't address the huge imbalance in the squad then it simply can't go down as a successful window. They've had plenty of time to put plans into place and put feelers out for potential sales and purchases.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we don't address the huge imbalance in the squad then it simply can't go down as a successful window. They've had plenty of time to put plans into place and put feelers out for potential sales and purchases.

We haven't had a single window since 2015 where we've left the squad covered in all areas. Even in the 2018 window, which was very good, we still didn't sort out the right wing.

I'm worried about the money the Prem teams raiding us before deadline day and us not having time to replace. Palace now have £35m out of nowhere because Olise's release clause has just been activated by Chelsea. Even Liverpool missing out on their 2 midfield targets might mean a £20m bid for KDH to test the waters.

On 14/08/2023 at 18:16, Bilo said:

I am annoyed about the time wasted on getting Casadei in when the deal is looking dead. CAM is a critical part of Enzo's system and we should have been looking elsewhere a week ago.

200.gif

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm worried about the money the Prem teams raiding us before deadline day and us not having time to replace. Palace now have £35m out of nowhere because Olise's release clause has just been activated by Chelsea. Even Liverpool missing out on their 2 midfield targets might mean a £20m bid for KDH to test the waters.

If Liverpool bid 20 million for KDH we’ll tell them to stick it where the sun don’t shine! 

20 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

£20m doesn't test the water, not when they've bid what they have for 2 they've missed out on. 

I think it's more lazy journalism than anything else in the rumours of KDH to Liverpool, but if it is true then the ball is more in our court than theirs. I'm fairly certain we'd be asking for Barnes and Maddison sort of money

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I stress, what we have signed, I am happy with. There just needs to be more. We need a minimum of two wingers and another attacking midfielder.

I think we'll be getting 1 winger, an attacking midfielder or forward and maybe a centre back.

Early signs are the Enzo is happy with both Marcel and McAteer to play some part this season, if Praet stays he could also be used there. If we get Rak-Sakyi then we'll probably have to make do with a left footed winger actually playing left wing now and again but so be it. 

We're short in the forward line, I expect Daka will be off so that leaves us with 2 strikers, 1 of which the manager has been reported to not be 100% keen on.

And with Coady's injury it's left us glaringly short of options at centre back, unless we bring through Nelson for more minutes. 

I do think that will be it though, and despite comments of us being hugely imbalanced, this is probably the most balanced squad we've had in years 

Edited by Jimbo

Looking on the positive side, we are a right winger away from having a 'best starting eleven' that looks complete at this level. However, a starting 11 alone will not get us promoted. Enzo said he wants four more signings at his last press-conference. I wouldn't be surprised if he really wants five or six more, he's just being realistic. Assuming those four included Casadei, I reckon he still wants to bring in a right-winger, a centre-back and a centre forward. Should those transfers happen, that should provide us with enough cover at goalkeeper, defence, and the advanced 8s (assuming Praet and Ndidi aren't amongst the players being sold). The things that would concern me in this scenario are an injury to Harry Winks or to starting wingers. 

Edited by BenTheFox

If we can shift out those not I. The squad but earning a shed load I think we’ll have a list of loanees we want to bring in rather than splash cash. Tbh I can see most of them going out on last minute loans with an option to buy rather than permanent moves, unless a number of mid table prem sides suddenly get raided.