Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Early signs are the Enzo is happy with both Marcel and McAteer to play some part this season, if Praet stays he could also be used there.

We're short in the forward line, I expect Daka will be off so that leaves us with 2 strikers, 1 of which the manager has been reported to not be 100% keen on

What early signs? He played one and dropped him and subbed the other. The only other real option was Albrighton who failed to impress. 
We have no idea whether the manager is happy or not but the fact we seem to be in the market for at least one winger would lead me to believe he’s looking for an upgrade.

That ‘report’ led to the whole thread getting deleted, I really wouldn’t take anything from it.

Just now, Jonezy said:

Our inability to flog the deadwood is gonna hurt us isn't it. Unreal how we can't move unwanted players on. 

They ars on silly money, no way will they force a move. 

A fella l know, Sunderland fan, reckons they have a cap of £15k. 

With Praet now also seemingly looking like he’s departing we are still 4 signings short of the following are all leaving:

Soumare, Praet, Daka, Castagne, Iverson, Ward, VK and Souttar.

There’s A LOT to do for a totally incompetent Rudkin. 

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

With Praet now also seemingly looking like he’s departing we are still 4 signings short of the following are all leaving:

Soumare, Praet, Daka, Castagne, Iverson, Ward, VK and Souttar.

There’s A LOT to do for a totally incompetent Rudkin. 

Praet not in todays squad must mean he’s off.

it’s a bit of a jump that. I bet he’s got a knock. 

So 3 games in and my thoughts now.

We've more goalies than most non league squads have players!

Defence seems pretty settled. Souttar obviously not rated.

Midfield bit hit and miss for me, needs a better balance although it seems to be working so far. A few not rated and probably leaving.

Goals are being scored but our main forwards aren't really firing or getting decent service. Daka clearly leaving or not wanted. 

More forward players still needed but I understand we need to sell first. 

Certain players we will be stuck with like that clingy ex! 

On 18/08/2023 at 15:30, Jonezy said:

Our inability to flog the deadwood is gonna hurt us isn't it. Unreal how we can't move unwanted players on. 

I think it's the wages they are on. Most clubs in the market for a player at the ability level of Soumare or Souttar are not going to match the 70k+\week wages that we pay them.

On 20/08/2023 at 01:06, jim5000 said:

I think it's the wages they are on. Most clubs in the market for a player at the ability level of Soumare or Souttar are not going to match the 70k+\week wages that we pay them.

We don’t 

only vardy is on a salary above / at that level 

but it’s true that the 50/60k that most are earning is also above what most clubs are willing to pay (and we won’t be wanting to pay up the difference which is probably the issue) 

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Think the reality is we have a squad of 8 first team players who are under long term contracts. Mads, Mavididi, KDH, Winks, Coady, Ricardo, Stolarczyk and Justin

Faes would jump at the first opportunity of leaving and the rest have question marks over their future at the club.

It's a huge rebuild that we need.

Much like last season I can't help but feel like this could have all been avoided with proper management of the football club.

For me as well, playing Vestergaard over Souttar, Kel over Daka and NDidi over others is gambling an awful lot on immediate promotion. 

If we don't go up, you have a situation where virtually all of the out of contract/loan players leave and you've flogged players such as Souttar, Kristensen and Daka leaving you incredibly short in numbers. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

For me as well, playing Vestergaard over Souttar, Kel over Daka and NDidi over others is gambling an awful lot on immediate promotion. 

If we don't go up, you have a situation where virtually all of the out of contract/loan players leave and you've flogged players such as Souttar, Kristensen and Daka leaving you incredibly short in numbers. 

Yeah I saw somewhere that more players in their last 12 months have played more than those with 2yrs+

18 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

But you also have to factor in who wants to be here.

One of the biggest issues over the last few season for me was have a bunch of player with 1 foot out the door.

If those 3 or 4 don't want to be here now they are going to want to be here even less if we don't get promoted.

Whatever happens this is a massive rebuilding job.

It’s becoming massively concerning that the manager and club do not correlate on transfer business, or how the squad should be managed. The Souttar decision is just bizarre, but at least he’s been decisive regarding it. Back the manager or get rid (that’s no dig on Enzo, I’ve been incredibly impressed with him) it’s just we might as well not bother with a project like this if we’re gonna tie his hands behind his back in the process. 

• Like 1

Needs to be at least 2 or 3 more through the door to ensure we can remain competitive at the top until at least January

Ideally it would be something like Yunus Akgun and Ilias Chair at least as that would give us a new starting right winger (with Madivadua as back up) and then depth for Mavididi and KDH with Chair

But then depending on outgoings we might need more - if Daka or a centre back leave they probably need to be replaced as well

Hopefully it will be a mad final week and a half of the transfer window, but I still think there will end up be a position we are light in

However I never expected us to get this whole massive rebuild done in just this 1 summer transfer window, no matter who our DOF is it was always going to end up having to go into January needing more work done

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

But you also have to factor in who wants to be here.

One of the biggest issues over the last few season for me was have a bunch of player with 1 foot out the door.

If those 3 or 4 don't want to be here now they are going to want to be here even less if we don't get promoted.

Whatever happens this is a massive rebuilding job.

No doubting that. It applies to Soumare and Castagne. 

My point is more about the likes of Souttar and Kristansen who've shown commitment to stay and they are on long-term contracts. Yet we are ready to sell. You'd think these are players we can develop into the system. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Calling players deadwood is understandable, but what few seem to want to grasp is that these players are on wages that preclude all but Premier League Clubs and a few top European clubs from coming in for them. If they’re not good enough for us why in the name of arse would anyone think such other clubs would want them?

We are stuck with most of them I’m afraid and most will be content to sit and take their wages. 

There will be other clubs that are desperate to make signings by the deadline. Let's hope they swoop for some of our "deadwood" even if we have to subsidise the wages for a season or two.

I agree that we are looking short in the striker position, but maybe it's not so important in Pep/Enzo-ball?

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

It’s becoming massively concerning that the manager and club do not correlate on transfer business, or how the squad should be managed. The Souttar decision is just bizarre, but at least he’s been decisive regarding it. Back the manager or get rid (that’s no dig on Enzo, I’ve been incredibly impressed with him) it’s just we might as well not bother with a project like this if we’re gonna tie his hands behind his back in the process. 

How do you know this?

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

No doubting that. It applies to Soumare and Castagne. 

My point is more about the likes of Souttar and Kristansen who've shown commitment to stay and they are on long-term contracts. Yet we are ready to sell. You'd think these are players we can develop into the system. 

I've not seen any soundbites about Souttar wanting to stay.

Also Kristiansen has been injured so it not 100% clear if he's on the discard pile.

Enzo has also mentioned Kristiansen should be able to adapt to the new way of playing so maybe his got a part to play.