Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

6 minutes ago, DezFox said:

This might be hated by many but how much easier would this all be if we didn’t have vardy on the books. Free up lots of wages, and a striker spot. Legend though of course. 

I am surprised he did not got Saudi given his wife’s lifestyle etc.

but he deserves to stay here if he wants 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DezFox said:

This might be hated by many but how much easier would this all be if we didn’t have vardy on the books. Free up lots of wages, and a striker spot. Legend though of course. 

and then we would have no Strikers for when the AFCON is on. Its going to be bad enough as it is with only Vardy currently. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

and then we would have no Strikers for when the AFCON is on. Its going to be bad enough as it is with only Vardy currently. 

I think he meant freeing up wages to bring in a striker, such as Piroe, which I definitely agree with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

My preference would have been, sell vardy, daka and kel (unless he signed new deal) and start again. Maybe piroe, a youngster and a winger/striker. Although I understand this is not football manager 😀

10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

My worry is we have built a championship team 

when we get out we need to spend 100-150m to make us a premier league team 

maybe a few of the new boys will come good and make into premier league player

winks for a start .. he looks mustard 

Agree with this. You would imagine we would have some prem players in this team but I think it would also be difficult to play this system in the prem with these players. For example, wout faes is good in this system in the championship , however on the prem I think he get eaten alive in this system. firstly I hope im wrong but at least if I’m proved wright, we are in the prem. 

• Like 1

Just woke up from a bad dream

It was just like that E.ON climate change advert but instead of everyone warbling "Time is on My Side" it had Rudkin twatting about singing along to "Simply the Best" on his Walkman whilst the transfer window burned around him.

Tell me it's a dream mummy...

9 hours ago, DezFox said:

Agree with this. You would imagine we would have some prem players in this team but I think it would also be difficult to play this system in the prem with these players. For example, wout faes is good in this system in the championship , however on the prem I think he get eaten alive in this system. firstly I hope im wrong but at least if I’m proved wright, we are in the prem. 

Shock horror, side that got relegated from the premier league can play more expansive football in a lower division.

It's not all doom and gloom. Look at Burnley - signed some players nobody's heard of in England, got promoted and despite shipping 3 to City, they played well and could have scored goals if they converted their chances

Edited by LFox99

7 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Shock horror, side that got relegated from the premier league can play more expansive football in a lower division.

It's not all doom and gloom. Look at Burnley - signed some players nobody's heard of in England, got promoted and despite shipping 3 to City, they played well and could have scored goals if they converted their chances

Too early to judge Burnley literally played 1 game. I’m just saying play like we have in any of our opening games and we lose all 3 in prem. nothing doom and gloom about it. Just being realistic, we need improvements and if we went up we would need some better players. 

17 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

I am surprised he did not got Saudi given his wife’s lifestyle etc.

but he deserves to stay here if he wants 

Hmm to a certain extent but there's a balance between success on the pitch and just keeping players for sentimental reasons. It seemed like a poor business decision to offer him the contract when they did last summer, after getting rid of Kasper apparently to clear wages. The Kasper decision was also poor, he should of left on a free this summer. Only other thing I can think is with his legs gone, if we can get 2 good wingers in, his movement is still good to hopefully score some chances we create.

14 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Hmm to a certain extent but there's a balance between success on the pitch and just keeping players for sentimental reasons. It seemed like a poor business decision to offer him the contract when they did last summer, after getting rid of Kasper apparently to clear wages. The Kasper decision was also poor, he should of left on a free this summer. Only other thing I can think is with his legs gone, if we can get 2 good wingers in, his movement is still good to hopefully score some chances we create.

In my own personal opinion this will happen fairly quickly, bit like waiting for a bus you wait ages for 1 and 2 come along at the same time.

Thankfully not long now until the window comes to a close.

• Like 1

Guest lcfc80
4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

In my own personal opinion this will happen fairly quickly, bit like waiting for a bus you wait ages for 1 and 2 come along at the same time.

Thankfully not long now until the window comes to a close.

Would you imagine loans rather than permanent at the moment?

5 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:

Would you imagine loans rather than permanent at the moment?

Seems like the sensible option, think we need to get some money in and reinvest in another CB. 

If we can get 2 or 3 out by the start of next week it allows us to focus on shifting some of the rest. 

• Like 2

I honestly think we will see a lot of lower end Prem teams be very active in the market over these last few days of the window, Sheff Utd, Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth, Burnley, Forest, Everton and Palace will end up making moves to strengthen which i think will open up moves for players like Daka, Castagne, Iversen and possibly even Souttar and Thomas.

I also think we will see Soumare and possibly Praet leave to go abroad,

This will hopefully allow us to bring in THB, the guy from Sporting, a striker and a versatile midfielder who can potentially cover both Winks and 8 role. 

Rudkin is going to have to be a busy boy this week if we’re to get anyone else in! Currently having 29 (after the lad from sporting signs) players to fit into a 25 man squad…. So realistically can we see Rudkin shifting at least 5 players… Castagne, Kristiansen, Daka and Wilf have all been strongly linked with other clubs I just hope we can get the dead wood gone early doors to get Enzo the players he wants