Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

5 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Rudkin is going to have to be a busy boy this week if we’re to get anyone else in! Currently having 29 (after the lad from sporting signs) players to fit into a 25 man squad…. So realistically can we see Rudkin shifting at least 5 players… Castagne, Kristiansen, Daka and Wilf have all been strongly linked with other clubs I just hope we can get the dead wood gone early doors to get Enzo the players he wants

The outs column is nuts really:

Souttar, Ward, Castagne, Daka, Iversen, Faes, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Thomas, Kristiansen 

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
35 minutes ago, KFS said:

The outs column is nuts really:

Souttar, Ward, Castagne, Daka, Iversen, Faes, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Thomas, Kristiansen 

Don't want to see Faes leave and think Praet is a decent squad option. Happy to see the rest leave. 

Castagne I expect has been sold too late to allow Enzo to get everyone he wants in, not sure if its incompetence or deliberate so they have an excuse to tell Enzo they ran out of team for failing him.  Hopefully he gets everyone he asked for though.

Edited by Chrysalis

The window hasn't closed yet, but as of writing I am now reasonably impressed.

Good:

• Purged a lot of the old players and attitudes from the team. We really need a complete refresh.
  • Good mixture of experience (Coady, Winks) and up and comers (Hermansen, Doyle, Casadei)
  • Good mixture of loan signings and permanent. Winks and Hermansen look like smart permanent additions. Casadei, Yunus, Isshaku look like good players to gamble on.
  • 3 new wingers! We've been crying out for them for years. They all look very exciting and will be fun to watch.
  • Overall built up a strong squad with decent depth and cover.

Bad:

• Not sure some players will cut it in the top flight. Mavididi and Coady specifically.
  • Some loan players could / should have been permanent. Doyle looks excellent, and we should sign him up ASAP.
  • As of writing, Danny Ward is still stealing a living here.
  • Vestergaard / Faes / Coady sounds like a recipe for disaster if promoted. Which will mean new signings, which might mean losing fluency built up this year.
  • Took a bit too long to get the squad together. I feel like we could have got a winger in earlier, though I suppose we had Rak-Sakyi lined up but it fell through.

As of yet we don't know who 100% stays, so I reserve my right for final judgement on September 2nd!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

We'll need a new team next season as well based on these loans 

I think that's part of the strategy.

• Being in the Championship = lower talent pool to choose from. Brighton can loan Ansu Fati from Barcelona, we have to loan a relative unknown from Sporting.
  • If it goes wrong and we are in the Championship again, not stuck with crazy wages and players we can't shift
  • If we go up we can sign better players for the system with the PL money we'd get
  • If our loans are incredible we can sign them, even if we slightly over pay for them

The downside is we lose a lot of fluency we'd build up playing this year. But I think certain key players; Hermanse, Coady, Winks and Ricardo would all still be around.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

• Being in the Championship = lower talent pool to choose from. Brighton can loan Ansu Fati from Barcelona, we have to loan a relative unknown from Sporting.
  • If it goes wrong and we are in the Championship again, not stuck with crazy wages and players we can't shift
  • If we go up we can sign better players for the system with the PL money we'd get
  • If our loans are incredible we can sign them, even if we slightly over pay for them

The downside is we lose a lot of fluency we'd build up playing this year. But I think certain key players; Hermanse, Coady, Winks and Ricardo would all still be around.

Palmer is all the evidence you need that Man City will sell almost anyone to almost anyone. 

Their youth players all all up for grabs however well rated they are. Foden has been in the first team since he was in pampers, he's the exception not the rule. Palmer is extremely highly rated and he's still being flogged. 

If we get promoted, stump up the cash and accept that there's just always going to be a buy back involved (that they'll literally never trigger unless it's to do some shady buy-back-to-sell shit) then any player we loan from them is a potential purchase next year. Even McAtee. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think as well we have sown the seeds for some of our academy to step up (i know this is about transfer business, but still!).  Stolarczyk in particular has really impressed me, as has McAteer. Continuing at this level is the best development they can get. 

• Like 1

It’s still very much wait and see for me.

I see a lot rejoicing at those we’ve let go, a lot of those player’s were well and truly “rodgered” over the last 18 months. I believe they are better footballers than what they showed here over that period. I understand the wage bill had to be brought down, a lot wanted away  and the new manager has new ideas and a way of playing. 

Those that have been brought in, and I’ve seen, look solid but none of them are really standing out at the moment.

Early days. 

• Like 1

A couple out tomorrow (Daka, Soumane) and it’s a good window for me.  Letting go of all our full backs seems mad but that’s clearly related to how the manager wants to play and you have to back the manager.

Needed to sell to raise money and trim the wage bill - we’ve done that.  

If we go up the first £50m or so is likely to go on just securing what we have  (or loaning them again) that’s before we look to strengthen for the PL. 

It’s a 6/10 for me, so far at least.

Sold our best players below market value. Winks has been a decent addition, Coady who knows tbh.

Mavididi I think has been OK. The loan signings have been decent but then again, they are just loans.

We’ll still have a lot of overpaid dross on the books, but was probably unrealistic to expect to get rid of them all in one go.

It’s been quite a cautious approach where the priority has been not to overcommit after the disasters of the last few windows 

When you see how many fans we have ready to welcome Soumare back or telling others we shouldn't be annoyed our main rivals are getting our players, it really isn't hard to see why Rudkin has been allowed to get away with ruining us with only a bed sheet with his name on as protest. 

Assuming Daka goes and we get Cannon in: 7/10

Would've been great to move on vesty, praet, ward and soumare but is what it is. 

Wouldve liked a better b2b than ndidi but think we still have a very good squad on paper. It’s arguably better than Southamptons but time will tell. 

I think the biggest concern is only having 7 defenders

Edited by Swarles Barkley

We had a mammoth task on our hands to move players on.

Ultimately, we’ve done a fair done. I do wonder if we can potentially push some of Iversen, Ward, Soumare and even Daka off to OHL. 

Souttar has a part to play, is we can re-intergrate him into the squad. 

10 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Is it fair to say out of those who haven't got a look in - Thomas, VK, Ward, Iversen and Souttar are just because they aren't to Enzo's liking and the rest have all said they don't want to play in the Championship?

Imagine so. You can see Ward (shite) and Iversen aren’t good enough with their feet, or well just goalkeeping in general. 

Thomas is a traditional bogstandard left back and won’t fit into the Doyle role so just doesn’t fit. 

Souttar doesn’t seem mobile enough for Faes’ role and doesn’t have the ball ability of Vestergaard so doesn’t fit either. 

Can imagine VK wanted playing time and Doyle and Justin are far better options. 

Soumare probably didn’t fancy playing in the league. 

Castagne probably the same, didn’t want to play in the Champ. 

Daka doesn’t fit, he’s awful on the ball and just didn’t work out, yet has a decent enough rep to get a move. Iheanacho fits the false 9 role a lot better so stays with Vardy I imagine. 

• Like 1

Solid window, bought some experienced heads with leadership skills plus some bright prospects and shifted out most of the players who wanted/needed to leave.

Yep, ideally Soumare and at least one of the keepers would have left as well but given the work the turnaround that needed to happen, it's an 8/10 I think. 

For a 10, we'd have signed McAtee and THB, and Soumare, Iversen, Ward and Souttar would have moved on. 

But transfer windows don't work like that, and realistically, I think we've done well. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

I think it’s very hard to judge the window at this stage. I’m a big fan of Doyle - that’s a PL player as far as I’m concerned and I’m hoping he is signed as soon as we can. Abdul, Akgun, Mavidi and Cannon (pending) are all unknowns really - which is normal. If they work, we’ve set ourselves up nicely for January. It’s going to be an interesting few months. 

• Like 1

On paper, 7/10 if we get Cannon in and Daka out, same as poster suggested above. But of course difficult to tell until we've seen the new signings more.

Only real surprise for me is not having been able to find a buyer for Iversen. I'm not particularly surprised we haven't managed to shift Souttar and of course there are no takers for Ward given his ability relative to his wages.

Biggest disappointment is not getting shot of Soumare in any capacity. Best we can hope for now is a Turkish loan covering his wages to some degree. Edit: thank you Sevilla.

Slight disappointment in not shifting Ndidi to Forest for the £15m reported. I think he will be of use to us this season, but ultimately it's another player out of contract next year, and selling him could have financed a more suitable midfielder for the system. In terms of other out of contract players, Nacho is different in that sense as I think we now need him given Vardy's decline, and having not been in a position to move for Piroe.

The incomings are all sensible when taken at face value. Am hanging a lot of hopes on the wingers being decent.

Edited by martyn