Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

I think we have done relatively well but we still need to ship some out and bring a couple in for balance. We had a mammoth job on our hands. I have to say though, the calibre and average age of these signings is good to see. Young hungry players with a point to prove very much like 2013/14. 

Young manager, Young hungry players, completely new tactical philosophy, this feels very much like Kompany at Burnley last season, exciting times!

• Like 1

I think on the whole it has been a good window. The new signings all seem positive

Not played our best yet, still learning the new system, but won every game- high hopes for a positive season

But we haven't got rid of enough, do we really need 5 GKs in the main squad - Needed to push at least 2 of Ward, Iversen & Smithies out the door

Rumour is that Soumare has refused to play in the Championship, but it looks like he is staying

Still time for Souttar to go to Scotland

Daka is still a possible out and Cannon is a good replacement (I read on Sky that the Cannon deal apparently all but done, just waiting on the Daka move)

We’ve taken the two wingers as options if we don’t go up - hence no risk 

we haven’t actually managed to sell any player apart from Timmy - that’s a big problem if we failed to bounce back as we’d have to sell these players at an even bigger discount than this summer

i doubt the accountants are too chuffed at the prospect 

Personally think it’s a very disappointing end to the window, evidence by next to nothing happening incoming and the only excitement being Soumare and Daka going on loan which means they will probably just be back next summer so the hate for them can start over.

If Daka is replaced by Cannon it’s decent business with AFCON and Cannon likely to be preferred. But with Daka going on loan only, the deal is likely to have cost us rather than earned us funds.

Seems very weak in the middle of midfield in terms of depth. Same in defence. Wingers we looked stocked on now but really will depend how the two new young guys are. Hopefully they hit the ground running and fit in.

Overall, given we have barely gotten past some of the weaker sides in the division, I’m a bit apprehensive now as a lot of my optimism was based on more improvements to the squad than we have done. 

You’d hope the lack of activity on permanent transfers will mean there is a kitty to strengthen in January so keep in touch with the promotion race until then and reassess I suppose.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Media gang including the full photography team all set up at the training ground 

Wether that is more in hope than expectation not sure but guess something must be anticipated at least

Cannon’s press stuff already done do you think?

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Relegation has helped us to get some players in with something to prove and also use the academy lads over using journeymen on stupid wages. 

I think that's the silver lining really. Plus we get a chance to properly reset and go again, if we had stayed up we likely would have needed to offer big contracts to some of the players we got rid of to avoid rocking the boat too much and keeping some stability. Relegation forced our hand to offload. Players like Alves and Braybrooke can also get minutes which they likely never would have got in the premier league. 

• Like 2